Hollywood Bowl

Re: Anyone interested in a Hollywood Bowl DVD?

I'm sure it's gonna br moved to marketplace...

My guess for a final price: $380

do I win anything if I guess it right?

How many were actually suppose to be in circulation?

Part of me is of the mindset to do the following:

Buy it for whatever. Rip it into an ISO file or whatever. Then I do not release it. Seriously. I resell it on eBay to get most of my money back. I would not take any more than a $50-60 loss on the material. THEN I would release the ISO by torrenting the hell out of it. What precludes me from doing this? Someone else eventually will. I do not see something like this as a sustainable collectible. I do not collect Smiths or Morrissey merchandise as I feel it is a very isolated market albeit with a rabid fan base. Something such as comics and toys and things like that continue to be lucrative as they enjoy a wider market with more exposure and a deeper sense of their status as collectibles. I do not like the risk on throwing $400 down on a DVD that could show up on T.U.B.E. tomorrow for all I know.

I think you're wrong there. What you're saying might the case for most people, but there are always collectors who are willing to pay for officially released material. Specially if it's an officially pressed item, with material that will likely never be officially released.

If things didn't hold value just because their content is widely available on the internet, people wouldn't be paying thousands of dollars for Smiths test pressings. If I had $3000 to burn, I woulnd't mind buying a Hand In Glove 7" negative sleeve.

Of course, vinyl holds a lot more value than CDs, but look at the That's Entertainment CD that just sold on ebay a few days ago. Condition: "very good". Sold for $295. And it has 2 of the most popular Morrissey songs. This CD has been selling for similar amounts for past few years.

For this DVD, I'm sure that if it leaks, a lot of people wouldn't bother with the original disc and there will be obviously less competition. However, there will still be plenty of collectors out there who what they can to get this.

When you don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on the Hollywood DVD, you can follow this smart and kind advice and have this result. It works people!!!

Last edited:

I think you're wrong there. What you're saying might the case for most people, but there are always collectors who are willing to pay for officially released material. Specially if it's an officially pressed item, with material that will likely never be officially released.

If things didn't hold value just because their content is widely available on the internet, people wouldn't be paying thousands of dollars for Smiths test pressings. If I had $3000 to burn, I woulnd't mind buying a Hand In Glove 7" negative sleeve.

Of course, vinyl holds a lot more value than CDs, but look at the That's Entertainment CD that just sold on ebay a few days ago. Condition: "very good". Sold for $295. And it has 2 of the most popular Morrissey songs. This CD has been selling for similar amounts for past few years.

For this DVD, I'm sure that if it leaks, a lot of people wouldn't bother with the original disc and there will be obviously less competition. However, there will still be plenty of collectors out there who what they can to get this.

When you don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on the Hollywood DVD, you can follow this smart and kind advice and have this result. It works people!!!

I should have clarified that statement a bit more or in a different way. Morrissey or Smiths collectors make up a much smaller audience than other collecting realms. There isn't as much room for investment and growth on the DVD to command that price. A simple search on eBay for "morrissey" just yielded 5,488 matches. This is not even taking into account other "Morrisseys" like Dean Morrissey, a painter. If I were to type in "vintage Star Wars" in a specific search for Star Wars collectibles from 1977 through 1985 I yield 9,017 matches. If I do a general search for "Star Wars" as I did for Morrissey I yield 315,053 listings. If I add "search description" I yield almost 700,000. I would have an easier time trying to unload a vintage Star Wars figure valued at $200 than a Smiths collectible for $200.

I do not see an awful amount of growth nor resale value for the DVD if it hits $400. The audience does not support the risk. Vinyl is different as it is not seen as a disposable media type according to audiophiles whereas the general feeling I get from Vinyl Collectors (I had to break up someone's collection for them a few summers ago and help them sell it - I received quite the crash course in Vinyl ) is that they rarely touch CDs or DVDs. The feeling being that with the way the internet works is that someone somewhere will eventually offer it online for free.

To put it into perspective, I personally collect comic books. Investing in current books is basically throwing money away. However there will always be a market for Golden and Silver Age. Last summer I spent about $6,000 on the first appearance of Spider-man in a mid grade. The book is now worth quite a bit more in less than a year as there always seem to be a wide audience for character and the book. I have no intention of ever selling it as I always wanted a nice copy for my personal collection. However I know that if push came to shove and I had to immediately sell it that the market would immediately allow me to make a profit off the book.

The DVD is at about $160 right now. I still may play "hero" here but if I do, I would not release an ISO of the disk until after I resold it.

Last edited:

God, with less than 2 hours to go already at £ 206.00.......
Cheers Moz

someone with barely any ebay feedback bid $500. winning bid was $510. that's just crazy. but I would pay $20 or $30 for a copy.

It's great, my friend.
I can't help laughting at people who think it's gonna be posted here....

I think those of us who were there & payed $200 4 a ticket deserve a copy of this thing 4 free :mad:

Last edited:
I had to drop out at $330. Having the money to spend is one thing, but I just can't justify spending $350+ for this dvd. a copy is bound to pop up somewhere. I saw that another copy was sold about 45 minutes later on ebay for $460. must have been a Buy It Now because I didn't even see it.

Back
Top Bottom