Hollywood Bowl's Food Vendors Go All-Vegetarian for Morrissey - LA Weekly

An article discussing food preparations for the gig.

Hollywood Bowl's Food Vendors Go All-Vegetarian for Morrissey - LA Weekly

Excerpt:
"As his fans well know, Morrissey is no shrinking violet when it comes to his advocacy for animal rights and vegetarianism. He's been a longtime supporter of PETA and other animals-rights groups, and frequently demands that concert venues refrain from cooking or serving meat during his shows.

Today, the Hollywood Bowl announced that for Moz's shows there next week, it will become the latest venue to honor the singer's meat-free M.O. For the first time, according a press release, all menus at the Bowl's various food vendors will go completely vegetarian (though not full vegan — some dishes will still contain cheese and other animal products)."

morrissey-timothy-norris.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

UPDATE Nov. 4:

Also posted by Famous when dead:

Similar story:

Meat is murder: Morrissey bans burgers from upcoming Aberdeen show - Press and Journal

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s ok folks there will be hot dog vendors just outside of the venue they will be there to help out with your meat addiction.

It is kinda strange how droves of his LA Latino fans all seem to gorge in the parking lot on those bacon wrapped dogs after his gigs.

I don't think (American) people really eat at concerts unless it's an all day event. But did you mean to write "half a cow" or "half a zoo?"
calamine that's how we scots say the word cow,we say it as theres a coo in that field.

I respect Morrissey for his dedication to animal cause, and I don't make a fuss about his cashmere cardigan etc like some, but just saw an article about Paul McCartney's new short film about the damage of meat consumption and how he offers one-day-per-week meat free idea. As a vegetarian, I feel his less militant approach could achieve more than Morrissey's way. Sometimes in life you need to aim lower to achieve more.

It’s hard to say what would achieve more but in the end I’d rather them both just be true to how they feel. I’m a veggie and not a vegan and I can for sure understand the offputtig militant stance I get from many vegans but morrisseys a different kinda guy in a lot of ways and I’ve accepted that a long time ago and admit it’s part of his appeal. I appreciate his intensity and he does do some good instances like this one being an example. Maybe more vegan acts will see it is possible to request this sort of thing and it’ll build. That said I totally agree with the thougt that ordering food at a concert is nuts and I relate to the sweating out tons of water comment. The munchy drugs are for when you need to calm down and eventually force down a piece of bread or something

Incomprehensible garbage. Morrissey's 'offputtig (sic) militant stance' is total hypocrisy. Singing 'Meat Is Murder' whilst insisting on Cheese being served. What a wanker! Why would a Vegan act want to serve Vegetarian food that involves the torture/slaughter of animals? Morrissey is a tosser.

one minute, CHEESE and other animla products will be served? But I have to starve? I cant have a double burger? No difference between cheese and hamburger.

Will there be a pat-down by security looking for smuggled salami?

one minute, CHEESE and other animla products will be served? But I have to starve? I cant have a double burger? No difference between cheese and hamburger.
I believe this is an example of a compromise with the venue.

I did applaud Fugazi's stance against alcohol sold in places where the band potentially played. Generally this meant they would play in non traditional music venues. They argued that being of legal age to buy alcohol and then watch and enjoy live music didn't really have anything to do with each other. I remember some old UK punk bands, at times, played matinee shows for under age fans on the same day as their evening gigs.
The difference between how Paul McCartney and Morrissey go about the whole no meat issue, at times, is interesting though. Morrissey reminds me of John Lydon at times. Both can have really interesting, valid points of view to make. However, sometimes the delivery can be somewhat heavy handed and the point is ultimately lost as people are turned off. Sermonising does tend to have that effect.

There won't be any bacon wrapped hot dog vendors in the parking lot for the Mexicans at the Hollywood Bowl gigs, but for Steve's hometown Christmas show at the ghetto forum, they will be all over the place

LOVFL :rofl:
This has to be the biggest funny from Stevo the clown ever.
It's really laughable ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ! Ho ho ho ho ho, ha ha ha ha !
Anyone who unfortunately purchased a ticket to see this CrankFraud perform his act and who genuinely love animals, I urge you to protest him directly throughout the performances especially when he performs Cardigan Is Murder.
Stevo's disgusting abuse of animals to earn a crust must be stopped once and for all now. This sick man has done absolute zero for animals whilst hiding behind smoke and mirrors eating cheese and wearing wool and £cashmere designer clothing (and that's just what we know so far. Who knows what else he gets up to behind closed doors).
If you haven't bought tickets, on behalf of all animals I'd like to say well done and thank you, please donate your money to reputable animal charities instead.
Thanks for reading and please also don't forget ! ! !

#Boycott Low in Clown School

Stevo is NOT animal friendly (just like Glastonbury)
#Cardigan is murder/Stevo is murder
#BLOOD on his hands

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I was going to respond to you in a very nasty way but have decided to give you a break !
I did my homework on this cardigan shit when the story first broke.
I'm going to give you 7 (seven) days to report back on #cardingan-gate.
Start by emailing Harrods and don't forget to also email Alexander McQueen directly.

You have seven days to save Stevo the clown.
Good luck :thumb:

Seven days KetchupBum ! No excuses :tiphat:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

if so, then, why are you complaining ?

This is the film:

More constructive, less self-regarding and probably more effective than singing one of your worst songs under grainy footage of a chicken vagina.

Should be mentioned, though, that Sir Paul owns the Linda McCartney trademark, so he has an interest in the idea of non-vegetarians eating vegetarian food.

More constructive, less self-regarding and probably more effective than singing one of your worst songs under grainy footage of a chicken vagina.

Should be mentioned, though, that Sir Paul owns the Linda McCartney trademark, so he has an interest in the idea of non-vegetarians eating vegetarian food.

I'm closer to Morrissey's idea of compassion towards non-human persons as the best and main argument for not killing others. Health and ecology are important arguments too, but they are secondary to the main one. Anyway, the goal is the same and everything helps. It doesn't matter if some people help themselves in the process. Botox is not cheap, you know.

I find very cynical the habit of criticising Morrissey using the argument of people's discomfort for having to watch a 5 minutes film, when he actually is doing something very important exposing the unnecessary cruelty, torture and killing of millions of beings. If someone is eating the product of the industry, that person at least should be able to watch a short film showing the horrors of that industry. If they can't bear it, it's time to change the diet or use a T-shirt with the word "Hypocrite". That's the minimun respect all those sacrificed beings deserve.

Making a comparison with human suffering, it's like paying cheap gasoline in your country ignoring where it comes from and then pleading inocence for the enormous sufferings of Venezuela's people. And we know we could go on with a lot of situations like that.

hypocrite_t_shirt-radee2044e7e146a490572ec4e479b85c_jyr6t_324.jpg

It is kinda strange how droves of his LA Latino fans all seem to gorge in the parking lot on those bacon wrapped dogs after his gigs.
In the parking lot , in the gig, on the way home. Not just the Mexicans a large portion of his American audience .

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom