Hong Kong - MacPherson Stadium (Oct. 6, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / First Of The Gang To Die / Jack The Ripper / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Meat Is Murder / All The Lazy Dykes / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / What She Said // Judy Is A Punk

setlist provided by setlist.fm. Link posted by Sarcasmos.

• Photo from afoxontheroad / Instagram:

39191_hongkong.jpg

Last edited:
i think he's seriously ill...
May we all pray for his health?
Am i still ill...
:sick:

You could be right, it looked as though his rear cleavage gave way mid song and he needed the bathroom urgently. Let us all pray he hasn't been on the " tomatoe penne pasta " again ! :cool:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

A Twitter post from Skinny (reposted)? And then yes it had to be him pointing out something negative. Thank god he's on the case!

couldn't he had left the stage because of a heckler or something like that? judging from the videos of the gig he seemed ok

Oh look, tossbag Biebs has crawled out of his hole to diss all my posts - sad twat

YES, I AM BLIND
" Well, you're not the only one
and in my sorry way, I love you " :flowers:

A Twitter post from Skinny (reposted)? And then yes it had to be him pointing out something negative. Thank god he's on the case!

Well if everybody's hero on this site is so predictable and boring we might lose interest. :rolleyes:

It is a guaranteed but predictable way to create some traffic for this site. Hey, it worked! :)
And I don't blame him and neither the other Him. :cool:

Chao. It's a vegan cheese brand. He's doing damage control after that rider leaked.

Well despite of being a control-freak, this is not his greatest strength, to say the least. o_O
But who cares? If he doesn't? :thumb:

Uncle knobhead at it again.

Can I ask a serious question?

Why do you continue to post/spend a lot of time on a forum for a singer that you obviously don't like anymore? You are always first to comment, always first to post a new TTY story, why why why? I'd say 95% of the posts you make are negative towards morrissey.

Also isn't morrissey allowed to change his mind about playing in China?

Know what I hate most? Rhetorical questions.

Sure. Peter, if you can, please cut and paste the set list from the last show so we can at least be 95% sure of what was played. ;) I take bitcoins! :D

That's easily made money, evennow, you greedy bastard! :squiffy:
But as always with Moz, as I believe you are aware of, it IS about the 5 percent you cannot be sure of.

So you won't get any bitcoins from me!
Be happy cause I am really clumsy and before you know there would be a virus, a hoax or a bug deriving you of that bitcoins again and the ones you already have too. :ha-no:

i think he's seriously ill...
May we all pray for his health?
Am i still ill...
:sick:

I always pray for his health. :pray:
And if you are still ill, I will start praying for yours as well.
Until now I didn't know off course.

As for Moz, isn't a bit too early to assume he is seriously ill ?
If I were to believe everything that has been said, not by him, he would have died a thousand times, and you know what? He's still crossing the globe for all I know. :popcorn:
Cheers

For what it's worth, I had a blast last night. Waited a long time for my first Morrissey concert and it did not disappoint. Set list was similar to recent shows and aside from the abrupt ending, all seemed to go as planned. Seemed to be a sell-out crowd, which he also alluded too at one point. He introduced World Peace as "Tiananmen Square Is None of Your Business", which was probably his only reference to the political situation. All in all, a great night.

Guys I'm a bit confused: This thread is about the Moz concert in Hong Kong, first ever concert as I believe in Hong Kong. Can we all chill and/or move your banter some other thread?

I was there. This is my 4th Moz concert.

Sorry I don't have the playlist. I was too busy losing myself in the music/show.

Awesome show. Was great to hear songs like Alma Matters, Suedehead, How Soon is Now...

His Keyboard player (I'm assuming Hispanic origin) did an amazing Spanish finish to one of the songs, and several other Spanish add-ins to various songs.

Boz was on fire...Morrissey introduced him with a funky name (like Napoleon or something) and crowd went nuts.

Some observations:

He was around almost an hour late to stage. The intro video started playing about 45 minutes late. Was quite enjoyable compilation, first time I'm seeing it.

He kept saying words and thanking in Mandarin Chinese, which is the language of China. Hong Kong is Cantonese Chinese.

He swapped London for "Tiannemen Square" at the end of one of the songs, which pretty much guaranteed not being accepted to China anytime soon.

When he played the animal slaughter video, there were a lot of cringes and heads turning away... predominantly meat and pork eating culture, and many young local folks in the crowd. I had seen is before, so always a bit of an awkward moment for the crowds anywhere.

Last but not least, the 50 second Judy is a Punk cover that ended super abruptly. It looked like it was already decided as the band stopped at the same time and lights dimmed. When they left the stage, lights came on indicated no more encore even if you set yourself on fire…

Previous concerts I have been at least 2 encores for sure…

Some possible reasons:

· Even though I lost my voice in front of the stage trying to start a “Morrissey” chant on my own, no one really backed up; it was a weak clap-clap-clap for an encore. That’s not how you call on Morrissey.

· Something wrong with the microphone? Perhaps but I didn’t really see anyone swapping mics in and out during the concert.

· One of the organizers said “He was overrunning” when I asked him why he finished abruptly. I hope organizers didn’t annoy him saying he overran. Audience certainly did not mind how late it was!

· Can’t really think of something else. It was disappointing to his loyal fans like us, so abruptly killing the song without any reason.

Set List just published on setlist.fm

Suedehead
You Have Killed Me
Alma Matters
Speedway
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
You're the One for Me, Fatty
Ganglord
World Peace Is None of Your Business
Kiss Me a Lot
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
The Bullfighter Dies
First of the Gang to Die
Jack the Ripper
The World Is Full of Crashing Bores
Meat Is Murder
All the Lazy Dykes
How Soon Is Now?
Everyday Is Like Sunday
What She Said
Judy Is a Punk

Unc, "Chinese" is a nationality adjective. When someone says "The Chinese," it's generally taken to mean people from China, not Hong Kong or Taiwan. That's certainly true living in Asia, anyway. Combining it with "sub-species" made it sound as if he were talking about people of Chinese descent the world over. I wish he had just said "People in China..." at the time. Even then it would've been bad, but not racially charged (the most barbaric practices take place only in limited areas of that massive country).

Which makes it more curious that he referred to Hong Kong as "China". Technically that's true, but HK-ers are a fiercely independent bunch. I would've thought he'd take pleasure in not mentioning C. Suede have a strong relationship with HK, never refer to it as "China" etc.

Tell you summat folks - these Mozbots don't like facts - ACTUAL FACTS being pointed out to them. I mean - imagine the internal, churning, turmoil. Well - you know what? Tough shit. Work it out for yourself.

Quite funny - and I do mean that - funny - the barbs I am getting tonight for pointing out the rank hypocrisy of Morrissey when he chases money - the facts speak for themselves. And all the bots have left is abuse for the person relaying the message.

I predict (a) zero references of the facts that Morrissey slagged off the Chinese, then took their money, and (b) personal abuse of me.

Bring it on, bots.

Unc, "Chinese" is a nationality adjective. When someone says "The Chinese," it's generally taken to mean people from China, not Hong Kong or Taiwan. That's certainly true living in Asia, anyway. Combining it with "sub-species" made it sound as if he were talking about people of Chinese descent the world over. I wish he had just said "People in China..." at the time. Even then it would've been bad, but not racially charged (the most barbaric practices take place only in limited areas of that massive country).

Which makes it more curious that he referred to Hong Kong as "China". Technically that's true, but HK-ers are a fiercely independent bunch. I would've thought he'd take pleasure in not mentioning C. Suede have a strong relationship with HK, never refer to it as "China" etc.

All that is beside the point. It's like playing Buffalo while slagging off the Canadians. He goes there, takes the Chinese money, and runs away, because that's all it's about now, and all it ever has been about. Money.

Guys I'm a bit confused: This thread is about the Moz concert in Hong Kong, first ever concert as I believe in Hong Kong. Can we all chill and/or move your banter some other thread?

Sorry I don't have the playlist. I was too busy losing myself in the music/show.

Awesome show. Was great to hear songs like Alma Matters, Suedehead, How Soon is Now...

His Keyboard player (I'm assuming Hispanic origin) did an amazing Spanish finish to one of the songs, and several other Spanish add-ins to various songs.

Boz was on fire...Morrissey introduced him with a funky name (like Napoleon or something) and crowd went nuts.

Some observations:

He was around almost an hour late to stage. The intro video started playing about 45 minutes late. Was quite enjoyable compilation, first time I'm seeing it.

He kept saying words and thanking in Mandarin Chinese, which is the language of China. Hong Kong is Cantonese Chinese.

He swapped London for "Tiannemen Square" at the end of one of the songs, which pretty much guaranteed not being accepted to China anytime soon.

When he played the animal slaughter video, there were a lot of cringes and heads turning away... predominantly meat and pork eating culture, and many young local folks in the crowd. I had seen is before, so always a bit of an awkward moment for the crowds anywhere.

Last but not least, the 50 second Judy is a Punk cover that ended super abruptly. It looked like it was already decided as the band stopped at the same time and lights dimmed. When they left the stage, lights came on indicated no more encore even if you set yourself on fire…

Some possible reasons:

· Even though I lost my voice in front of the stage trying to start a “Morrissey” chant on my own, no one really backed up; it was a weak clap-clap-clap for an encore. That’s not how you call on Morrissey.

· Something wrong with the microphone? Perhaps but I didn’t really see anyone swapping mics in and out during the concert.

· One of the organizers said “He was overrunning” when I asked him why he finished abruptly. I hope organizers didn’t annoy him saying he overran. Audience certainly did not mind how late it was!

· Can’t really think of something else. It was disappointing to his loyal fans like us, so abruptly killing the song without any reason.

Suedehead
You Have Killed Me
Alma Matters
Speedway
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Ganglord
Kiss Me a Lot
The Bullfighter Dies
First of the Gang to Die
Jack the Ripper
Meat Is Murder
All the Lazy Dykes
How Soon Is Now?
Everyday Is Like Sunday
What She Said
Judy Is a Punk

Many who cringed at Meat Is Murder video will have something to think about. Some will change their ways. That's why the performance of the song is one of the most powerful moments in rock.

Some observations:

Some possible reasons:

Suedehead
You Have Killed Me
Alma Matters
Speedway
Ouija Board, Ouija Board
Ganglord
Kiss Me a Lot
The Bullfighter Dies
First of the Gang to Die
Jack the Ripper
Meat Is Murder
All the Lazy Dykes
How Soon Is Now?
Everyday Is Like Sunday
What She Said
Judy Is a Punk

Thank you

briefing 1

the only on topic things I've seen is the setlist and some lovely pics, thanks, and Morrissey's microphone had problems.

some nice comments about why this website changed .

this was celibate from the Dutch Mountains,enjoy yourselves

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom