Hong Kong - MacPherson Stadium (Oct. 6, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / First Of The Gang To Die / Jack The Ripper / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Meat Is Murder / All The Lazy Dykes / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / What She Said // Judy Is A Punk

setlist provided by setlist.fm. Link posted by Sarcasmos.

• Photo from afoxontheroad / Instagram:

39191_hongkong.jpg

Last edited:
It's sad you couldn't answer the question. You must feel really proud of yourself acting like a stuck up prick. The photo doesn't bother me, I was mearly asking you why you continue to post here.

Well you must enjoy spending time acting all high and mighty, berating a singer you can't stand......beats playing in a shitty punk covers band down the local pub or constantly banging on about ukip on Twitter eh??
IMG_6347.jpg

It's been the same show for 2 years.

And what a performance it's become ? Same old songs, same old shite budget backing band, same old photos from yesteryear printed on as many different style t-shirts as possible.
Yep folks !

After three y'all

It's all about the money, money, money !:guitar:
Steve just wants your money, money, money !:guitar:
Forget about the price-tag and don't forget the tacky badge !:guitar:

Moo ! Chow ! (My bulbous love words) :laughing:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

He kept saying words and thanking in Mandarin Chinese, which is the language of China. Hong Kong is Cantonese Chinese.

He swapped London for "Tiannemen Square" at the end of one of the songs, which pretty much guaranteed not being accepted to China anytime soon.

That's because he's a stupid tourist with no real interest in the precarious situation of Hong Kong as it struggles to retain it's inheritance of British Values under Communist China. Morrissey goes to a liberal enclave of Chinese culture to sing 'Meat Is Murder' but fails to apologise or contextualise his totalising dismissal of the 'Chinese' as a 'sub-species'. He is a fool. He only went to Hong Kong to troll, just as he only returned to Oslo to try and troll Norway over Otoya. Amusingly, he failed both times. Nobody cares, they just think he's either mentally ill or a closet racist.

Even though I lost my voice in front of the stage trying to start a “Morrissey” chant on my own, no one really backed up; it was a weak clap-clap-clap for an encore. That’s not how you call on Morrissey.

Why didn't he fly The List over and give them some pizza so they could act out his fantasy that he's a star? Because footage would show Caucasian Trust Fund Kids on the first few rows but then indifferent Hong Kong folk scratching their heads wondering why they'd wasted their dollars on this insipid Dad Rock With Troll Lyrics.

"Chinese" is a nationality adjective. When someone says "The Chinese," it's generally taken to mean people from China, not Hong Kong or Taiwan. That's certainly true living in Asia, anyway. Combining it with "sub-species" made it sound as if he were talking about people of Chinese descent the world over. I wish he had just said "People in China..." at the time. Even then it would've been bad, but not racially charged (the most barbaric practices take place only in limited areas of that massive country).

He has never apologised and remains utterly damned by anyone with any degree of cultural sensitivity. That this idiot dares to reference Black Lives Matter in his appropriation of police brutality video footage whilst casually slandering the entire civilisational project of being 'Chinese' as evidence of belonging to a 'sub-species' shows he is an opportunistic troll who will invade any debate, any outrage so long as it gets his stupid face onto media screens, however briefly. He is no so tragic that he thinks any publicity is better than none. But being suspected of being a closet racist or being labelled outright as such is really not a good luck for anyone hoping to become a global music culture icon. In his fantasies, that's still a possibility. For anyone with a brain, it's clear he should now be in a rocking chair looking out to sea in a care home in Eastbourne. f*** Morrissey.

Which makes it more curious that he referred to Hong Kong as "China". Technically that's true, but HK-ers are a fiercely independent bunch. I would've thought he'd take pleasure in not mentioning C.

Again, you're assuming he is intelligent enough to understand the differences between Hong Kong and mainland China, or that there is Mandarin and Cantonese and that they are different even though they are both 'Chinese'. A bit like the fact that there are Vegan Chinese amidst the 1.4 billion folk he casually slandered as a 'sub-species' because a few of them eat dogs and cats. At the time he made this outrageous slander, he was eating cheese from raped cows. The man is beyond redemption. If he was serious about repairing his tattered Public Image he'd have used this stage to apologise for his calumny against the 'Chinese' he so casually labelled a 'sub-species'. One can only hope he is arrested in Bangkok when he disses the British Royal Family on a Thai legal technicality that lese-majeste applies to the concept of Royalty, not just the Thai Royal Family....Morrissey in the Bangkok Hilton? Now, that would get him headlines.....LOL!

It's been the same show for 2 years.

And with the re-package, re-release of WPINOYB, complete with Joan of Arc Martyrdom art-work, the songs will remain the same as Morrissey's career circles the drain. I can't wait for the UK shows to re-ignite sales of WPINOYB! LOL!

You're the first to bring up the fact that he made that statement six years ago. So, in spiteful Peter fashion, you had to post the picture. Why? Because it gives you a reason to call Morrissey even more names. Drag his name through shit and whatever else makes you feel good. There's the point, you silly little man. Apparently no one cares that he made the statement. People went to see him sing tonight because they wanted to. You can't leave it at that can you Peter? Oh, no. You have to be a dick about everything.

Morrissey dragged his name through shit when he labelled 1.4 billion Chinese people as a 'sub-species'.

You're the first to bring up the fact that he made that statement six years ago. So, in spiteful Peter fashion, you had to post the picture. Why? Because it gives you a reason to call Morrissey even more names. Drag his name through shit and whatever else makes you feel good. There's the point, you silly little man. Apparently no one cares that he made the statement. People went to see him sing tonight because they wanted to. You can't leave it at that can you Peter? Oh, no. You have to be a dick about everything.

Hang on..who was it who said the Chinese was a sub-species? Was it me? You are seriously having a go at someone for stating FACT? Are you f***ing nuts? Would you rather stick your fingers in your ears and pretend he never said all those nasty things?

He only went to Hong Kong to troll, just as he only returned to Oslo to try and troll Norway over Otoya. Amusingly, he failed both times. Nobody cares, they just think he's either mentally ill or a closet racist.
Everything he does makes more sense when you see it in terms of trolling.

Caucasian Trust Fund Kids on the front row?

Actually from where I stood on the front row, many more local people there than us 'Gweilos'. Just a lot of fanatical people enjoying a very good concert. I'm the father of so called trust fund kids and they too had a blast.

I agree with the Manadarin/Cantonese faux pas, but that's a rookie mistake made by many.

A lot of you forget, this concert was a big deal to many, many people - probably their one and only chance to see him. I was blown away and it's only just sinking in now.

Ha ha FkSkinny making a fool of his fat self once again, funny little hypoprick.
Of course Moz said a lot of nasty things about a lot of people years before Fatso was a Mozbot himself, dedicating all his free time catering for his fellow Mozbots on here, but he systemetically chooses to ignore all of these FACTS.

Er, calls Chinese CIRCUS OWNERS "sub-species" (context matters) ...doesn't play at a Chinese Circus, therefore no problem at all...

Absolute bollocks. Here's exactly what he said, word for word...

"You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies."

Not "the people running that circus" or "those people over there" - no - he said "You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies."

Absolute bollocks. Here's exactly what he said, word for word...

"You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies."

Not "the people running that circus" or "those people over there" - no - he said "You can't help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies."

i may be being thick here but I genuinely do not understand your view on this. 70% of the inhabitants of Hong Kong were not born in China and are only deemed Chinese due to China gaining sovereignty in 97. So was he slating the Hong Kong born people as well when he made that statement?

i may be being thick here but I genuinely do not understand your view on this. 70% of the inhabitants of Hong Kong were not born in China and are only deemed Chinese due to China gaining sovereignty in 97. So was he slating the Hong Kong born people as well when he made that statement?
I don't know Uncle Skinny's viewpoint. I also don't know how seriously the message of is meant to be taken by whomever made that image.
But, it was pointed out in this thread that Mandarin is the official language of China, but Cantonese is more popular in Hong Kong. Therefore, if Morrissey made a distinction he would speak Cantonese, in Hong Kong, but he spoke Mandarin. This is evidence he doesn't make a distinction.
Also, Morrissey used the term "sub-species." Nationality is a distinction, race is a broader distinction, and species an even broader distinction. If you start saying that people from a certain country are a sub-species you're really talking in very broad terms. He was saying that "Chinese" people are not human. Chinese isn't a race, it's a nationality. When you start making statements about "Chinese" people you could mean Chinese citizens who were born in China and you could even exclude those born in Hong Kong before 1997. But when you say "sub-species," such a broad term, it's hard to imagine that the definition of "Chinese" is fine-tuned and carefully thought through.
He has also said that he would like to see China nuclear bombed, something that would probably affect those living in Hong Kong in a negative way.
http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_051214_01

Do you know if your next tour will include any South American countries?

Lika Romero
Lima, Peru

A:

hello Lika
Yes, it will. I've been to Peru, but I've never played there. I would go to wherever there seemed to be interest - except China, which is too barbaric. In China, as we all now know, cats and dogs are skinned alive for the fur industry. Come, come, nuclear bomb.

So when you consider that, do you really think he distinguishes between Hong Kong and China when talking about "Chinese" people?

I don't know Uncle Skinny's viewpoint. I also don't know how seriously the message of is meant to be taken by whomever made that image.
But, it was pointed out in this thread that Mandarin is the official language of China, but Cantonese is more popular in Hong Kong. Therefore, if Morrissey made a distinction he would speak Cantonese, in Hong Kong, but he spoke Mandarin. This is evidence he doesn't make a distinction.
Also, Morrissey used the term "sub-species." Nationality is a distinction, race is a broader distinction, and species an even broader distinction. If you start saying that people from a certain country are a sub-species you're really talking in very broad terms. He was saying that "Chinese" people are not human. Chinese isn't a race, it's a nationality. When you start making statements about "Chinese" people you could mean Chinese citizens who were born in China and you could even exclude those born in Hong Kong before 1997. But when you say "sub-species," such a broad term, it's hard to imagine that the definition of "Chinese" is fine-tuned and carefully thought through.
He has also said that he would like to see China nuclear bombed, something that would probably affect those living in Hong Kong in a negative way.
http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_051214_01

Do you know if your next tour will include any South American countries?

Lika Romero
Lima, Peru

A:

hello Lika
Yes, it will. I've been to Peru, but I've never played there. I would go to wherever there seemed to be interest - except China, which is too barbaric. In China, as we all now know, cats and dogs are skinned alive for the fur industry. Come, come, nuclear bomb.

So when you consider that, do you really think he distinguishes between Hong Kong and China when talking about "Chinese" people?

Some good points there.

:drama: When it comes to China, I harken back to...:guitar: . I am evennow, and I approve this video. (US political commercial reference intended)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom