Hong Kong - MacPherson Stadium (Oct. 6, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / You Have Killed Me / Alma Matters / Speedway / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / You're The One For Me, Fatty / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / First Of The Gang To Die / Jack The Ripper / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Meat Is Murder / All The Lazy Dykes / How Soon Is Now? / Everyday Is Like Sunday / What She Said // Judy Is A Punk

setlist provided by setlist.fm. Link posted by Sarcasmos.

• Photo from afoxontheroad / Instagram:

39191_hongkong.jpg

Last edited:
biebs is dissing early today, assume its shift change day in McDonald's - sad bastard. Can't get my head around the fact that a fellow human being can be such a weak wanker that he spends hours dissing folks posts for no reason whatsoever, yet has not got the guts to actually post himself.

Wonder if something happened to him in childhood?

Last edited:
biebs is dissing early today, assume its shift change day in McDonald's - sad bastard. Can't get my head around the fact that a fellow human being can be such a weak wanker that he spends hours dissing folks posts for no reason whatsoever, yet has not got the guts to actually post himself.

Wonder if something happened to him in childhood?

You gotta get up pretty early in the morning if you are going to be a complete arsehole all day. He most likely grew up in an orphanage and was never chosen by a loving family. It is obvious that he is a very damaged individual that needs the attention he never received as a child. He deludedly believes that his ratings antics are somehow funny or meaningful when in fact they are neither.

Hang on..who was it who said the Chinese was a sub-species? Was it me? You are seriously having a go at someone for stating FACT? Are you f***ing nuts? Would you rather stick your fingers in your ears and pretend he never said all those nasty things?

Yes, I would.
It was nasty, stupid and as usually is the case with him, he didn't think about how it could be seen, or he didn't care anymore cause he was already judged as racist by many.
I don't believe he is.

He just was very angry as he always is when it comes to animal torture and mistreatment for no reason. Or for a reason.

Unfortunately his remarks didn't focus the attention of " the public" to the atrocities of skinned alive dogs and cats but on his subspecies remark which, whatever you think about, was seen as a racist remark.
Foot in mouth. The title of his new album.

He didn't say the Chinese were a sub-species.

He said that looking at the treatment of cats and dogs in China, "you can't help but feel" the Chinese are a subspecies.

There is a difference.
it's a turn of phrase 'you can't help but feel...' what you say after that doesn't have to be what you really think is objectively factually true, in fact the implication is that you don't think it is objectively true, it could be a fleeting thought (e.g. in the heat of the moment, or out of anger etc).

I have criticised Morrissey a lot on here over the years, but I've always thought this one was a bit blown out of proportion.

Hang on..who was it who said the Chinese was a sub-species? Was it me? You are seriously having a go at someone for stating FACT? Are you f***ing nuts? Would you rather stick your fingers in your ears and pretend he never said all those nasty things?
You are out of your tree, Peter. For god sake. I take what Morrissey says very lightly. I do not believe the Chinese to be a sub-species and I never agreed with him when he said it, but it's not like he's a world leader or anything like it. He's a singer. Nothing more. Why twist yourself up in a knot over a statement he made years ago? Sure didn't seem to bother the people who went to the show. No, this is you trying to stir shit up because it makes him look bad. And you love it. You couldn't wait for this show to happen so you could start this argument. By all accounts, you should not be a moderator on solo because you are not neutral enough for the position. You are full of hate for Morrissey. You are not a disillusioned fan. You are a hatebot. Pure and simple. I despise you.

You are out of your tree, Peter. For god sake. I take what Morrissey says very lightly. I do not believe the Chinese to be a sub-species and I never agreed with him when he said it, but it's not like he's a world leader or anything like it. He's a singer. Nothing more. Why twist yourself up in a knot over a statement he made years ago? Sure didn't seem to bother the people who went to the show. No, this is you trying to stir shit up because it makes him look bad. And you love it. You couldn't wait for this show to happen so you could start this argument. By all accounts, you should not be a moderator on solo because you are not neutral enough for the position. You are full of hate for Morrissey. You are not a disillusioned fan. You are a hatebot. Pure and simple. I despise you.
Agreed, blokes a complete prat, never read such garbage! :clap:

He didn't say the Chinese were a sub-species.

He said that looking at the treatment of cats and dogs in China, "you can't help but feel" the Chinese are a subspecies.

There is a difference.
it's a turn of phrase 'you can't help but feel...' what you say after that doesn't have to be what you really think is objectively factually true, in fact the implication is that you don't think it is objectively true, it could be a fleeting thought (e.g. in the heat of the moment, or out of anger etc).

I have criticised Morrissey a lot on here over the years, but I've always thought this one was a bit blown out of proportion.

A textbook example of how those in the Cult of Morrissey will distort information to ensure their cognitive dissonance remains bearable. Morrissey is an idiot. So are you. He made a totally racist remark and bore the consequences with his reputation ruined. His failure to apologise means his reputation remains in ruins. I personally do not think he is racist but that he is a ludicrous troll who flirts with racist imagery to appear controversial. He isn't controversial, just offensive and idiotic. He richly deserves the ignominy heaped upon him for this nonsense, especially to be publicly denounced by the anti-racist organisation which had taken his financial support on trust, not realising it was damage limitation for his career. They quite rightly signalled they could have no further involvement with a vile troll who, according to you, should be given the leeway to have a 'fleeting thought' that Chinese people are a 'sub-species' but decide to share that fleeting thought in a high profile interview in the Guardian. f*** Morrissey.

You may not take Morrissey seriously. I certainly don't. But he most assuredly does! And so do some of his mentally ill 'fans' who seem to model their entire existence on whatever obscure song/book/political view he spouts in any given TTY tirade or interview. If you don't care what he has to say on political matters, you'd just ignore this debate, but you do care and your intention in commenting is to try to exonerate Morrissey for making a deeply offensive and racist remark about Chinese people belonging to a 'sub-species'. Nobody needs to stir shit up to make your beloved Cult Leader look bad as he is the biggest troll shit-stirrer on the planet. Ringleader of the Trolls. The shit-stirrer who fell into his own crock of shit and remains covered in ordure unless and until he apologises for his various flirtations with racist tropes, none more offensive than totalising 1.4billion fellow humans as a 'sub-species' simply because they are commonly aggregated as belonging to the 'Chinese' civilisational project, even though that is an deeply varied terrain, not the monocultural simplicity that Morrissey disparaged as a 'sub-species'. Morrissey was publicly denounced as a racist for this yet chose not to sue...why? Because he would lose any case he tried to bring defending his ridiculous trolling..f*** Morrissey. f*** Racism.

Morrissey branded 'racist' after calling Chinese a 'subspecies' over treatment of circus animals

A spokesman for campaign group Love Music Hate Racism, which received a donation of £28,000 from the star in 2008, said it would not accept his support again.

Martin Smith said: 'It really is just crude racism.

'When you start using language like "subspecies", you are entering into dark and murky water. I don't think we would, or could, ask him to come back after that.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-treatment-circus-animals.html#ixzz4MQwvu8C5

A textbook example of how those in the Cult of Morrissey will distort information to ensure their cognitive dissonance remains bearable. Morrissey is an idiot. So are you. He made a totally racist remark and bore the consequences with his reputation ruined. His failure to apologise means his reputation remains in ruins. I personally do not think he is racist but that he is a ludicrous troll who flirts with racist imagery to appear controversial. He isn't controversial, just offensive and idiotic. He richly deserves the ignominy heaped upon him for this nonsense, especially to be publicly denounced by the anti-racist organisation which had taken his financial support on trust, not realising it was damage limitation for his career. They quite rightly signalled they could have no further involvement with a vile troll who, according to you, should be given the leeway to have a 'fleeting thought' that Chinese people are a 'sub-species' but decide to share that fleeting thought in a high profile interview in the Guardian. f*** Morrissey.

" I personally do not think he is racist"
Thanks, BB.
This is all I wanted to know from you, although I suspected it. :thumb:

And what a performance it's become ? Same old songs, same old shite budget backing band, same old photos from yesteryear printed on as many different style t-shirts as possible.
Yep folks !

After three y'all

It's all about the money, money, money !:guitar:
Steve just wants your money, money, money !:guitar:
Forget about the price-tag and don't forget the tacky badge !:guitar:

Moo ! Chow ! (My bulbous love words) :laughing:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
:laughing::rofl::tiphat::tiphat:

A textbook example of how those in the Cult of Morrissey will distort information to ensure their cognitive dissonance remains bearable. .

I stopped reading at this point, you obviously know nothing about my posting record here to say that. I just happen to think that the sub-species comment was blown out of proportion and most importantly was taken out of context.

Came here to read a review of the gig.

Silly me.

Ha, you will have to go through a lot of redundant and off-topic, boring posts which I made some as well. Sorry about that, but there are some nice reviews stuck in here. Not many, but some.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom