How Many Possible Pressings to Own?

jeff992

I've wondered in the past how many records/CD's/cassettes/DAT's you'd have if you had every possible different pressing of Smiths/Morrissey items. No bootlegs, but all official releases from different countries, promos, test pressings, in-house cassettes, any variation that makes that pressing unique, etc. I started going through each page of the Collectors Appendix on Passions and just did a super-quick count for each release, trying to weed out unlicensed items, various artists promos, etc (I guess we'd all have our different idea of where the line is on it being a release to count or not). It's a really rough count, but so far just having gotten through Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others, I came up with around 900 different items. So with the rest of the Smiths output and reissues and then all the solo years, it's got to be an amazing number. I'll probably continue to scroll through each release to get a rough estimate. But I was just wondering if anyone has a clue how many items you'd have if you basically had "everything". 3,000? 4,000? More?

And if anyone wants to let announce how many different pressings of official releases they have, it'd be fun to hear. I know some of you have crazy, crazy amounts.

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom