I was looking for a job,and then

MOODYBLUE

BITTER,TWISTED,AND PROUD
This is just a silly festive conundrum !!!.......
What would have happened to "our hero",if mr marr would not have knocked on that door in stretford,manchester all those years ago ???
He provided the catalyst for morrissey to become the greatest and most icononic wordsmith and songwriiter in history.
I feel that johnny provided the musical inspiration for morrissey to evolve from "pupae to butterfly".
Imagine our worst case senario....that the famous visit had not occurred....would morrissey have had the courage of his convictions to push forward wiyh his plans?.
If morrissey had chosen a different career path,what would it have been ?????
Working with animals is the obvious vocation {or more specifically a cattery,given his long admiration for our feline friends}
he would also prove inspirational working with young people who lack confidence {because,as we all know...."it takes guts to be gentle and kind!!!!!"} i look forward to your thoughts !!!
May i take this opportunity to wish each and everyone in "morrisseyland" a happy,healthy,peaceful 2015 !!!!!
Keith from liverpool.
X!

he would have eventually met someone else and still have had a career in my opinion maybe almost certainly not of the quality of the smiths but still good.he would have attracted others as he did before marr and after. its sorta a myth that he just sat inside his room.

what i think is funny about that scenario is that everyone talks of morrissey as this fussy egocentric guy but it was johnny at the hair dresser all the time ( this is not a put down as im a very fussy hair guy ) and he who was telling everyone he was gonna be a rock star. sure this flip flopped a bit later but when they put morrissey down for his eho and hair stuff i nalways wonder if theyd say the same of johnny.

Fashion model/arthouse film actor/local newspaper writer/etc. If he would not met Johnny, he might met a woman and be a father of 5, or he might became a sudent of whatewer subject.

Still on the dole in his box room at Mum's house?

arent there other recordings of moz singing songs in another band that he refuses to let anyone here, hear. im pretty sure there were but i could be wrong and no im not talking about johnnys and andys pre smiths band.

the stuff he did with billy duffy. johnny said hed read morrisseys lyrics before meeting him curtosy of duffy

arent there other recordings of moz singing songs in another band that he refuses to let anyone here, hear. im pretty sure there were but i could be wrong and no im not talking about johnnys and andys pre smiths band.

I'm sure. His voice was so raw in the early days- very flat and very punk. I like it.

I'm sure. His voice was so raw in the early days- very flat and very punk. I like it.
does anyone know how the voice has improved? I just can't imagine Moz taking singing lessons and all the following exercises, hilarious!

Re:

does anyone know how the voice has improved? I just can't imagine Moz taking singing lessons and all the following exercises, hilarious!

One of my friends told me that her friend who is well known British throat singer / trainer did vocal training with Morrissey in late 1990s.

Re:

One of my friends told me that her friend who is well known British throat singer / trainer did vocal training with Morrissey in late 1990s.

He did take singing lessons, before the recording of Meat is Murder and possibly through TQID, if I recall correctly. He definitely mentioned it in an interview around the time -- it may have been a print interview or possibly a tv program where he mentioned it. He talked about expanding his range and learning to sing from his diaphragm, etc. It wasn't something he was embarrassed about.

I think it was a post MIM interview where a journalist commented on his expanded range.

He may have taken more lessons in the late 1990s... makes sense when you consider how much more range YATQ had compared to Maladjusted.

Nothing wrong with an artist studying to perfect his or her art, mind you. Or, no different than an athlete following a fitness program.

Last edited:
Re:

He did take singing lessons, before the recording of Meat is Murder and possibly through TQID, if I recall correctly. He definitely mentioned it in an interview around the time -- it may have been a print interview or possibly a tv program where he mentioned it. He talked about expanding his range and learning to sing from his diaphragm, etc. It wasn't something he was embarrassed about.

I think it was a post MIM interview where a journalist commented on his expanded range.

He may have taken more lessons in the late 1990s... makes sense when you consider how much more range YATQ had compared to Maladjusted.

Nothing wrong with an artist studying to perfect his or her art, mind you. Or, no different than an athlete following a fitness program.

If you listen to anything post Maladjusted - he's singing out of his chest a lot more than before. Especially on viva hate to Vauxhall his voice was a lot higher and more nasal. Lessons in the late 90s make sense.

he sang out of his chest on speedway but i get your point and yeah he had lessons after the debut. every article always uses what difference does it make for an example

Re: come on down

Of course it's not wrong, even more, I think singing lessons are necessary for an unprofessional, not olny for a better voice, but for a technic, breathing and onter things to make a process of singing easy and qualitative.

Back
Top Bottom