IANADOAC international charts - Spain #7, Portugal #12, Germany #13, Austria #32, Italy #89, France #117

The album entered the Portuguese chart at number 12, according to this:

https://blitz.pt/principal/update/2...o-e-J-Balvin-com-novos-albuns-no-Top-Nacional

(My Portuguese is non-existent, so apologies if this is some kind of bullshit "not real sales" kind of chart.)

Posted by Morrissey Isn’t Very Good:

Remember Morrissey said he was number 1 in Poland, even though he was showing the daily chart of a record shop in Poland and not the official Polish Album Chart? Well, shock of shocks, he didn’t make the top 50. http://olis.onyx.pl/listy/index.asp?lang=

He’s in the official French Album Chart! New entry at 117. https://snepmusique.com/les-tops/le-top-de-la-semaine/top-albums/

Number 13 in Germany. That’s a lot better. https://www.offiziellecharts.de/charts/album

Number 7 in Spain. He’s getting there! https://www.elportaldemusica.es/lists

Number 89 in his beloved Italy. https://www.fimi.it/top-of-the-music/classifiche.kl#/charts/1/2020/13

Number 32 in Austria. http://www.austriatop40.at/longplay.php

UPDATE 3:40 PM PT:

For those that can resolve morrisseycentral.com some different results. Links posted by Thewlis:

FRANCE ALBUM CHART - Morrissey #3

SPAIN ALBUM CHART - Morrissey #10

Last edited by a moderator:
Still amused by 'Oh, he's finished. He can't sell out arenas'. He was only doing theatre tours back when he was actually shifting units. The Ringleaders tour springs to mind. And his attendances have always been inflated by people who follow him around then come on here to complain about the setlists being similar.

I always got the impression that he doesn't mind festivals so long as he isn't asked to slum it in the nether reaches of mid bill. Second or third is about as low down as he'll go.

I think it's to do with the audience. If he suspects hostility then he'll get wary even if they seem to be enjoying it.

Moz returned we will see what it brings us!!!
Anonymus did not happen he is not away from the web he feel that it is a way of communicating, haperfully change the site, because it should improve !! But it is better that he has returned ...he felt like a void .....
I WANT HIS TO MOZ !!!! Is so so so....
But they don't know him, it was obvious that he wasn't going to leave the ship in the middle of the storm!!!! He has his hot disk and he is going to defend it if he had not.

Moz returned we will see what it brings us!!!
Anonymus did not happen he is not away from the web he feel that it is a way of communicating, haperfully change the site, because it should improve !! But it is better that he has returned ...he felt like a void .....
I WANT HIS TO MOZ !!!! Is so so so....
But they don't know him, it was obvious that he wasn't going to leave the ship in the middle of the storm!!!! He has his hot disk and he is going to defend it if he had not.

Ok. Confirmed. Response is cleared for landing pad nine. Bdc atx.
Perpendicular to the cors. The irish band. Please confirm. Two goats are vellum. Egress of a duck in cloud juice is betrayed as liquid. Confirm. Does BB8 have drive? Confirm. I read the news today oh boy. I see a cold turkey near penny lane. Turkey has strawberry AND glass onion. Copy? Hot disk is cold. Smell socks. Cheesy at best. If yes. Confirm. Who to when is what? Copy?

Is it a dialogue between normal people ? It goes almost .. I almost normal but you see that no i speak
clearly without turning anything to hide ...
It is not original ,it is not great,nor is it special for writing in this way that your do not understand.Nor you clarify that it gets dark!!!!

Lovely! Watche
[QUOTEWatched N, post: 1987276675, member: 7085"]
True. But even amongst the dross there is the odd gem. The Cure doing Lullaby a few episodes ago was always a special few minutes for me. I remember it so vividly on TOTP back in '89. Just a couple of months before seeing them at The Prayer Tour in Dublin (2nd night). Brilliant. And of course Moz doing Playboys a few episodes earlier. My guilty pleasure: Fuzzbox with Pink Sunshine. The lead singer Vix Perks. Even the name is just.... ooooh.

View attachment 55563
[/QUOTE]
Lovely pic! Yeah saw that the other night too, Fuzzbox weren't a guilty pleasure, they we're PURE pleasure, great looking lassies & sexy as hell.

Ha!!! Morrissey is actually lying about his chart placing in France. I mean, it’s very easy to check. Oh, Fat Steve, you’re hilarious!
Hey smelly 'orse get back in your rat infested basement with your Michael Jackson posters above your water bed filled with urine. Sit and reflect on your affiliation to the bullshit brigade and only come out when you've acknowledged the error of your ways?

All I can say, based on my own experience, is that the distribution of the CD / album hasn't gone smoothly. I wanted to just buy the CD on the day of its release in the Mediamarket where I know the guy from the music division, instead of ordering another bundle through Mporium. Unfortunately, the lockdown , already started by March 20. So I thought I'd order it through Fnac, a French store with stores in Belgium. They preordered it and won't have it before April 30. Checked Amazon.fr, same story and then weren't even sure they would get the CD at all. Also checked Bol.com ( à Durch site) and they only had the vinyl. Utterly frustrating.

I thought Morrissey fans were still more likely to buy vinyls or CDs than the average music fan, so if they are missing from the shelves so to speak, how can he then chart in these countries?

The marketing effort that has gone into this record has been nihil, but that's already been said in other th ready.
you can have a listen on youtube till your copy comes through.your right it couldn't have been released at a worst time but it really was just bad luck.

I don't think he likes playing to other artist's audiences. The Bowie Outsiders/Moz Southpaw concert in Dublin was great but you could feel something was off. When ge opened for U2 at Glastonbury in 2011 he made the comment: "I'll try to sing as fast as I can as I know you're here to see U2,"
In fairness he shouldn't be opening for bands like U2. He's in a different league artistically in my opinion. Moz is only happy when his name is the biggest. I'm not dissing him for that.
your totally right,remember watching the u2 set,bono trying to jump about the stage wearing big heavy boots,he could hardly get his feet off the ground.not a dig at u2 the unforgettable fire is one of my favourite songs.

what time is the new british charts announced today? Cant wait

Worse. The Edinburgh Festival has shunned him his entire career. Which means he didn't actually have a career.

Morrissey has played in Edinburgh during the Festival.
Not sure of the exact year but it was my birthday and I'd guess at 2006 ?

It was at the Edinburgh Corn Exchange.

All I can say, based on my own experience, is that the distribution of the CD / album hasn't gone smoothly. I wanted to just buy the CD on the day of its release in the Mediamarket where I know the guy from the music division, instead of ordering another bundle through Mporium. Unfortunately, the lockdown , already started by March 20. So I thought I'd order it through Fnac, a French store with stores in Belgium. They preordered it and won't have it before April 30. Checked Amazon.fr, same story and then weren't even sure they would get the CD at all. Also checked Bol.com ( à Durch site) and they only had the vinyl. Utterly frustrating.

I thought Morrissey fans were still more likely to buy vinyls or CDs than the average music fan, so if they are missing from the shelves so to speak, how can he then chart in these countries?

The marketing effort that has gone into this record has been nihil, but that's already been said in other th ready.

I got the vinyl through Crash records in Leeds.

I had also ordered the CD but they told me they were having problems getting the CD from the distributors so there are obviously some problems.

My order is still on hold.

He may have read the comments of a wise person round here who pointed out that the website has been a major contributory factor to his downfall, and the loss of 60% of his UK fanbase within just two years. It's where he urged the world to vote for a far-right political party, and it's also where he told everyone that he preferred people of his own race. Morrissey wisely advised us all to 'stop watching the news' - I offer him some equally sound counsel - 'keep away from the worldwide web'.
Whose the wise person you refer to? Central's back up by the way!

your totally right,remember watching the u2 set,bono trying to jump about the stage wearing big heavy boots,he could hardly get his feet off the ground.not a dig at u2 the unforgettable fire is one of my favourite songs.

I remember that, it would have been better if he had headlined the other stage that night.

He may have read the comments of a wise person round here who pointed out that the website has been a major contributory factor to his downfall, and the loss of 60% of his UK fanbase within just two years. It's where he urged the world to vote for a far-right political party, and it's also where he told everyone that he preferred people of his own race. Morrissey wisely advised us all to 'stop watching the news' - I offer him some equally sound counsel - 'keep away from the worldwide web'.
Do you have 'BRS'? Broken Record Syndrome is when an individual becomes obsessed with repeating the same sentences over and over and over again for several years. The only cure currently known to scientists is to register with Lady Gaga's official website where the individual will feel quite at home with everyone there talking the same uninteresting drivel year in year out. At some point they snap out of their zombie like state because the music is so awful and rejoin the real world where Moz is God!!! ??

He doesn't like festivals.
I don't think Moz fans like festivals, it's a helluva long day watching the support acts ( some good some bad ) waiting on Moz coming on and usually it's an abbreviated set too, maybe 15 songs. I'd rather turn up, watch the videos, singalong with Moz then go for drinkypoos...perfect night out! ???

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom