Jade Goody Has Died Today R.I.P

Status
Not open for further replies.

mick ransommich

Reality TV star Jade Goody has died at the age of 27, her spokesman Max Clifford has confirmed.

She died at home with her family in Upshire, Essex, overnight on Saturday after a high-profile battle with cervical cancer.

Goody was diagnosed with the disease in 2008 but it spread to her liver, groin and bowel and she was told it was terminal in February.

Her mother Jackiey Budden said: "My beautiful daughter is at peace."

Goody shot to fame after being a contestant in the third series of Big Brother in 2002 and was taking part in a version of the show in India when she was told of her illness.

She had been treated at the Royal Marsden Hospital in west London but wanted "to spend all the time she had got left" with new husband Jack Tweed and sons, Bobby, five, and Freddy, four.

The star died at home at 0314 GMT on Mother's Day, with Ms Budden and Tweed at her side.

Her body was taken out of her home shortly before 0800 GMT.

jade2.jpg

whatever you think of any one , no one deserves to die at this age very sad for all her family.

R.I.P Jade.

I'm going to be incredibly unpopular here, but...

First of all, it's sad when anyone dies, and especially for her children who have lost a mother. Illness is never nice, and dying young is never nice. I know. I see the indisputable figures about more women going for smear tests - one of the very few good things to come out of this sorry episode.

Now - this whole Jade Goody thing, to me, symbolises all that is wrong with Britain, and in particular, the way mass media works. Just like Jordan, she prostituted every second of her life, before she was ill, and while she was ill. I hear the argument about her providing for her kids, and I am very cynical about it. She was doing, in illness, what she did before illness - selling magazine pages.

I see on the news that there are some people leaving flowers by her gate this morning. Fine, if that's how they want to remember her. I am thinking about the hundreds and thousands of others who die, every day.

She was a nobody thrust into the limelight by her appearance on a programme that made voyeurs of half of the country. A racist bully. If that's what people want to idolise and leave flowers for - fine. It's a shocking state of affairs in my opinion, that people feel they have to do that, while Mrs Miggins at Number 42 is wheeled away quietly to be cremated.

Anyway - to summarise - sad that children have lost their mother, good that more women are being checked out, bad that it's something worthy of blanket news coverage.

Peter

Bloodyhell how many more times....get your facts right about her being a racist eh? An insecure, gobby chav yes but not racist.

Gordon Brown has now commented on it. Cant recall him saying owt when Tony Hart died.

RIP and all that, but Im not going to sit here and say I thought she was a super human being.

I found it completely surreal whilst travelling home on the train on Wednesday to be sat beside a girl reading a tribute issue of OK,Hello (or whatever the hell shite it is called) to Jade Goody, with her name and the years of her life emblazoned all over it. This is what a life, "celebrity" or no, has come to.

In my day, people at least waited until the person had actually died.

Gordon Brown has now commented on it. Cant recall him saying owt when Tony Hart died.

RIP and all that, but Im not going to sit here and say I thought she was a super human being.

Me neither...she wasn't. However she is high profile due to crappy BB and if the percentage of women going for smear tests in London alone has risen by 21% then it can only be a good thing that her death has been high profile.

Gordon Brown has commented on it due to pressure no doubt as there is now a campaign to get the goverment to lower the age of smear testing.....

Me neither...she wasn't. However she is high profile due to crappy BB and if the percentage of women going for smear tests in London alone has risen by 21% then it can only be a good thing that her death has been high profile.

Gordon Brown has commented on it due to pressure no doubt as there is now a campaign to get the goverment to lower the age of smear testing.....

Agree on that.

However, I (and I know it would never happen) would have loved it if Gordon Brown had said "Who?, was she in Bananarama?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
bad taste dummies get over it superhans=yawn
Back
Top Bottom