Jade Goody

almareallymatters

jadegoody.jpg

Jade Goody discovered yesterday that her cancer has spread.

The reality TV star said that doctors told her the cancer originally found in her cervix has now spread to her groin, liver and bowel.

Doctors have now scrapped their previous estimate of a 40 per cent chance of survival - and began treating Jade to prolong her life as long as possible.

The mum of two said yesterday: "I am devastated. I am frightened and I am angry. I don't want to die because I have so much to live for.

"The reality is I have gone from a 40 per cent chance of a cure to seeing how long I can stay alive."

According to The Sun, cancer doctors at London's Royal Marsden Hospital are now trying to shrink the aggressive tumours and minimise Jade's suffering.

Jade's publicist Max Clifford said: "It is absolutely heartbreaking. She is only a young woman and she is desperately trying to put on a brave face and be positive for her children."

The star has also hit back at sick claims that she is publicising her illness. She said: "People will say I'm doing this for money - and they're right, I am. But not to buy flash cars or big houses. It's for my sons' future if I'm not here."

Whether you love her or hate her this is tragic news. Jade is a Mummy with two very young sons and I wish her all the luck and courage in the world in her fight against cancer.

GOOD LUCK JADE! :(

Love Alma xxx

I think I heard about her...
Was she the one that was told on live tv that she had cancer?

I just read this news too. It's very very sad. I'm sure she will fight very hard though. My thoughts are with her.

I think I heard about her...
Was she the one that was told on live tv that she had cancer?

I think so...on the Indian version of Big Brother. She is a very controversial figure but nobody deserves this...I hope she pulls through for her kid's sake but the prognosis seems pretty grim. :(

Love Alma xxx

jadegoody.jpg

Jade Goody discovered yesterday that her cancer has spread.

The reality TV star said that doctors told her the cancer originally found in her cervix has now spread to her groin, liver and bowel.

Doctors have now scrapped their previous estimate of a 40 per cent chance of survival - and began treating Jade to prolong her life as long as possible.

The mum of two said yesterday: "I am devastated. I am frightened and I am angry. I don't want to die because I have so much to live for.

"The reality is I have gone from a 40 per cent chance of a cure to seeing how long I can stay alive."

According to The Sun, cancer doctors at London's Royal Marsden Hospital are now trying to shrink the aggressive tumours and minimise Jade's suffering.

Jade's publicist Max Clifford said: "It is absolutely heartbreaking. She is only a young woman and she is desperately trying to put on a brave face and be positive for her children."

The star has also hit back at sick claims that she is publicising her illness. She said: "People will say I'm doing this for money - and they're right, I am. But not to buy flash cars or big houses. It's for my sons' future if I'm not here."

Whether you love her or hate her this is tragic news. Jade is a Mummy with two very young sons and I wish her all the luck and courage in the world in her fight against cancer.

GOOD LUCK JADE! :(

Love Alma xxx

that's shite:( i can sympathise;)

Why is she playing this out in the media? Has she no dignity?

For comparison's sake, when Kylie was diagnosed she totally disappeared off the radar (media-wise), she was not giving interviews to every tabloid going, her publicist was not issuing press releases giving graphic details about her illness, and there were VERY few photographs taken of her during her illness and recovery. Jade is on the cover of a Sunday tabloid every week with another "exclusive" interview, and photographs too. A few weeks ago there were photographs printed of her in a swimsuit while on holiday playing in the ocean with her kids in Spain all the while she is supposed to be undergoing chemo?

So yeah, dignity. It's important, no?

Last edited:

For comparison's sake, when Kylie was diagnosed she totally dissapeared off the radar (media-wise), she was not giving interviews to every tabloid going, her publicist was not issuing press releases giving graphic details about her illness, and there were VERY few photographs taken of her during her illness and recovery. Jade is on the cover of a Sunday tabloid every week with another "exclusive" interview, and photographs too. A few weeks ago there were photographs printed of her in a swimsuit while on holiday with her kids in Spain all the while she is supposed to be undergoing chemo?

What's wrong with giving interviews? And why on earth shouldn't she go to the beach while she's undergoing chemo?

For comparison's sake, when Kylie was diagnosed she totally dissapeared off the radar (media-wise), she was not giving interviews to every tabloid going, her publicist was not issuing press releases giving graphic details about her illness, and there were VERY few photographs taken of her during her illness and recovery. Jade is on the cover of a Sunday tabloid every week with another "exclusive" interview, and photographs too. A few weeks ago there were photographs printed of her in a swimsuit while on holiday with her kids in Spain all the while she is supposed to be undergoing chemo?

Yeah...but it doesn't detract from the sadness of the situation....media circus or not...

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:

For comparison's sake, when Kylie was diagnosed she totally disappeared off the radar (media-wise), she was not giving interviews to every tabloid going, her publicist was not issuing press releases giving graphic details about her illness, and there were VERY few photographs taken of her during her illness and recovery. Jade is on the cover of a Sunday tabloid every week with another "exclusive" interview, and photographs too. A few weeks ago there were photographs printed of her in a swimsuit while on holiday playing in the ocean with her kids in Spain all the while she is supposed to be undergoing chemo?

I have sympathy for her as a suffering human being, but no sympathy for her as a 'media' personality who has prostituted every last detail of every day of her personal life to the newspapers and magazines.

I hope she gets well, but I agree with Spicer that she could do with a bit of dignity in her dealings.

Peter

What's wrong with giving interviews? And why on earth shouldn't she go to the beach while she's undergoing chemo?

The british tabloids are apparently paying her for all of these interviews. So, she is profiting handsomely from her fatal disease. The figure I heard bandied around was £3 million since her diagnosis last year. Even if it's exaggerated and she is only getting a tenth of that, I think that it is tacky to exploit herself in this manner.

How is going to the beach and getting into the cold ocean water in January good for someone who is undergoing chemo? :eek:

The british tabloids are apparently paying her for all of these interviews. So, she is profiting handsomely from her fatal disease. The figure I heard bandied around was £3 million since her diagnosis last year. Even if it's exaggerated and she is only getting a tenth of that, I think that it is tacky to exploit herself in this manner.

perhaps, if you were about to die and had the opportunity to get some easy money for your young children before you go, you might take it.

How is going to the beach and getting into the cold ocean water in January good for someone who is undergoing chemo? :eek:

possibly, the prospect of imminent death makes you want to do things that you otherwise wouldn't.

i dont know man, but i only want to send "positive waves" her way
not negative ones, though it sounds like the cancer is gonna win no matter what now
and that just sucks dude, whatever bad crap you think this person has done
she did not deserve cancer, no one does maybe, but still, chill
good for her and her fam getting some $ out of it at least, cuz most dont...

I feel sorry for Jade. She's had a remarkably unconventional and at times, very sad life. Her father dies of a heroin overdose in a public toilet, only about 2 years ago. Her Mum is a very agressive and unlikeable woman, who also appeared on the Big Broter show with Jade. Jacky, the Mum, is also "a one armed lesbian", tabloid description, not mine.
Seriously, you couldn't make this stuff up.
Either way, the girl is very ill and the mother of 2 young sons...I wish her well and if she wants to make some money for her kids, good on her.

I don't much like the woman.But it is sad.Goes to show that life is pretty precious and we should not take it for granted.

people who slag her for trying to make a bit of money are disgusting! if you dont like her or are offended for some stupid reason do not watch or read about her, this poor woman is going to die, soon probably she has every right to try to make some money for her kids!
I feel very sorry for her. Horrible situation, yea she is not the only one who has gone through this, but the nasty sniping at her tv show and stuff is just that, NASTY!

Either way, the girl is very ill and the mother of 2 young sons...I wish her well and if she wants to make some money for her kids, good on her.

What you have to ask yourself I guess is if you were terminally ill and were a single mother of two babies and you had the opportunity to (by giving a few interviews and posing for a few snaps) ensure their future financial security would you do it?

I have to say I think I would. It must be a comfort to know that financially at least they will want for nothing...although needless to say no amount of money can replace the love and support of your Mum.

Love Alma xxx

people who slag her for trying to make a bit of money are disgusting! if you dont like her or are offended for some stupid reason do not watch or read about her, this poor woman is going to die, soon probably she has every right to try to make some money for her kids!
I feel very sorry for her. Horrible situation, yea she is not the only one who has gone through this, but the nasty sniping at her tv show and stuff is just that, NASTY!

Agreed.all the money she has earned will go to her children.So some good will come of it.

As a mum I cannot imagine not seeing my children grow up.

Tags
give me a break waaaah
Back
Top Bottom