James Maker - brief statement re: Morrissey via Facebook (27 June, 2019)

"Morrissey:

In the 40 years I have known him, Morrissey has never made a racist comment to me.
Ever, Simply, it has never happened.

Wilde, despite tremendous popularity in the the late 19th-century, was jailed with hard labour.
And, now, a similar fate befalls Morrissey who did not tow the far-left, revisionist Orwellian line of 2019 politics.
The cost is the necessary destruction of a unique voice.

I have to ask you one question:
if Morrissey retires and never records another song or album — does that make your world happier? x "

He ends by linking to:

Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

James Maker, as he's a good friend of Morrissey's, should explain to him how he is being perceived because of the people he's choosing to align with. As for waving around the idea that Morrissey may never record another album, that is simply another example of distracting from the issues without addressing them - in just the same way as Johnson bumbled on about painting model buses.

Morrissey caused the end of The Smiths; it's a wonder how he's managed to keep recording (on and off), the way he's carried on. As far as I can see, with his wealth, he can keep recording as long as he likes. He has a nice voice but I have stopped buying the recordings and am disinterested in tickets because of what he's saying and who he admires. To answer James's question and though, no, it wouldn't make my life happier if he stopped recording. It would have no effect.

And yet you remain because all you need is... ;)

Don't talk shit, his album sales were pitiful and he had to cancel his last UK tour due to lack of interest.
His last album did really well chart-wise and his last UK Tour was one of his best-selling.
22,000 tickets sold in London alone.
Please stick to the facts.

James Maker.... Another one of Morrissey’s little yes men. If you were really a friend James, you would sit down with him and make him see some sense, but obviously you agree with his dodgy politics, so that’s obviously not going to happen. You two belong together.

His last album did really well chart-wise and his last UK Tour was one of his best-selling.

The only fact is that you should have been a f***ing spin doctor for some shite political organisation.

Very often people don't say what they thing Mr Maker. Perhaps in the past he didn't want to show his true colours. I wonder how often Mr Maker (living in sunny Barcelona) sees Morrissey, because it seems to me that he is a bit out of touch with what is really happening in the country and with the very toxic comments made by Morrissey. I won't mind if he doesn't do more records. California Son is the last album I'll buy from him. It was not an easy decision, but he has gone too far. He's done for me! He might have to produce his own records from now own, because less and less people want to work for him.

Mr Maker seems to be the only friend defending him, because everyone else is keeping very quiet and they don't want to get involved and get a splash of shit. Many people from his past have been saying they don't recognise Morrissey anymore.

From the vegetarian point of view, he will have to go back to eat meat and two veggies. Most fruits and vegetables come from EU, so once out we will have to reduce our diets and not have so many options. Yeah! Back to the 70s, thanks to people like him full of prejudice against dangerous foreigners.

Hold tied people, there's a very very bumpy ride ahead for you! Lucky me I don't live in the country and I don't intend to return. I never thought my country would be so intensely and immensely retrograde!! I never expected either from someone who admired for so many years! Most people I admired and I know are faithful to their principles or go forward. He has gone backwards!

RIP Morrissey's music!

Amazing how to try and twist everything to be positive. His last albums sales were shit irrelevant of chart position and his last proposed tour was postponed and never rescheduled due to lack of interest - please stick to the facts!

UK
Jul 4 Edinburgh - Usher Hall Postponed (866)
Jul 7 Manchester - Castlefield Bowl Postponed (866)
Jul 8 Manchester - Castlefield Bowl Postponed (866)
Jul 10 Portsmouth - Guildhall Postponed (866)
Jul 12 Reading - Rivermead Postponed (866)

A Tour that didn’t happen isn’t a Tour.
And it was for insurance reasons according to Moz. Your reasons are mere speculation.

His last UK Tour 16 month ago was a huge success:

Feb 16 Aberdeen - BHGE Arena Post-show(247)
Feb 17 Glasgow - The SSE Hydro Post-show(283)
Ireland
Feb 20 Dublin - 3Arena Post-show(132)
UK
Feb 23 Newcastle - Metro Radio Arena Post-show(111)
Feb 24 Leeds - First Direct Arena Post-show(237)
Feb 27 Birmingham - Genting Arena Post-show(289)
Mar 1 London - Brixton Academy Post-show(180)
Mar 3 Brighton - Brighton Centre Post-show(84)
Mar 7 London - Royal Albert Hall Post-show(145)
Mar 9 London - Alexandra Palace Post-show(132)
Mar 10 London - London Palladium Post-show(242)

Please accept the facts.

A Tour that didn’t happen isn’t a Tour.
And it was for insurance reasons according to Moz. Your reasons are mere speculation.

His last UK Tour 16 month ago was a huge success:

Feb 16 Aberdeen - BHGE Arena Post-show(247)
Feb 17 Glasgow - The SSE Hydro Post-show(283)
Ireland
Feb 20 Dublin - 3Arena Post-show(132)
UK
Feb 23 Newcastle - Metro Radio Arena Post-show(111)
Feb 24 Leeds - First Direct Arena Post-show(237)
Feb 27 Birmingham - Genting Arena Post-show(289)
Mar 1 London - Brixton Academy Post-show(180)
Mar 3 Brighton - Brighton Centre Post-show(84)
Mar 7 London - Royal Albert Hall Post-show(145)
Mar 9 London - Alexandra Palace Post-show(132)
Mar 10 London - London Palladium Post-show(242)

Please accept the facts.

Oh do f*** off you f***ing dickhead

I don’t need people who sing songs trying to explain what is and isn’t racist. I can make my own mind up. Morrissey is supporting a racist party. He does, and has made comments that can easily be construed to have racist elements. He says he isn’t racist. Well, he would say that wouldn’t he?

Morrissey has crossed a line. And for that his UK career in the music industry is poisoned. Rather than wheeling out old pals and nephews, he needs to look a bit closer to home. He won’t.

And yet you remain because all you need is... ;)
No, I've learned that I really don't need Morrissey. I've been buying his records starting with the release of What Difference Does it Make, and I've been coming to Morrissey-Solo since 1994 or whenever, so it is admittedly a fairly hard habit to break. I've taken his side side in so many ' controversies' over the years and now I feel duped. I guess I feel a type of mourning. But it's only Thursday, not Friday.

No, I've learned that I really don't need Morrissey. I've been buying his records starting with the release of What Difference Does it Make, and I've been coming to Morrissey-Solo since 1994 or whenever, so it is admittedly a fairly hard habit to break. I've taken his side side in so many ' controversies' over the years and now I feel duped. I guess I feel a type of mourning. But it's only Thursday, not Friday.
Well, there’s so much great music in the world today and in the past, no one should ‘need’ but one artist. However, I also think no one needs to take an artist’s side in any of their ‘controversies’. I never did and don’t plan on doing so anytime soon. Just enjoy the music.

I'm surprised he can find the time to defend Morrissey, but I have to say some of his One Minute Makes are pretty good.

Morrissey's racist statements:
Bengali in Platforms - Viva Hate
"Chinese are a subspecies" - Guardian interview with Simon Armitage, 2010
"The gates are flooded etc" - NME 2010
Comments on Sadiq Khan
Etc.

If you don't think Morrissey is a racist then you're either a racist yourself, very stupid or you're just playing that deniability game the right wing play because he didn't use an explicit racist term.

Bear in mind that Morrissey also compared animal slaughter to the Holocaust and downplayed the 2011 Norway massacre by a far right terrorist by comparing it to KFC. He also called the most brutal and famous far right racist ever, Adolf Hitler, "left-wing", which is an another false, nonsense statement often used in far right circles.

As for Anne Marie Waters, she is definitely a racist. If you don't think that she's a racist because she doesn't use explicit racist slurs, then you have basically no understanding of how far right politics have developed since 1945. Far right parties simply do not use racist terms because they know it would be political suicide. Even the BNP didn't use explicitly racist terms, but we all know they were a continuation and more "formal" National Front". Even so, you only have to look at far right activity outside of presentable image the leadership wish to convey. For Britain is riddled with racists, Holocaust deniers and all sorts of scum. The fact that Morrissey endorses this party and associates himself with Anne Marie Waters tells you a lot about his underlying politics. Before anyone says he supports them because of their stance on animal rights, then why doesn't he instead support the Green Party?

Well, there’s so much great music in the world today and in the past, no one should ‘need’ but one artist. However, I also think no one needs to take an artist’s side in any of their ‘controversies’. I never did and don’t plan on doing so anytime soon. Just enjoy the music.
I wouldn't feel like wearing a T-shirt with Morrissey's eek on it if I disagreed with what he says. So no, I don't need to take his side or wear his T-shirts. Agreed there are many talented artists and I enjoy them.

Jim Jim never fails to stand up for his dear friend. It’s a thing of beauty it is.

"Morrissey:

In the 40 years I have known him, Morrissey has never made a racist comment to me.
Ever, Simply, it has never happened.‘

:thumb:

It’s baffling how people here would form their opinions about Morrissey based on folks from the media, Twitter, etc from folks who may have not even listened to his music or even once met him. Yet they don’t believe one of his closest friends who actually does know him. This sites like bizarro world.

:crazy:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom