Jason Lytle (Grandaddy) and John Grant cover "Everyday Is Like Sunday" in concert

Moz Mozzy sends the link:

Jason Lytle (Grandaddy) and John Grant performing Morrissey's "Everyday Is Like Sunday" at Woody West (Pustervik), Gothenburg, Jan 23, 2011. Video recording and audio mastering by Marcus Knutsson

Last edited:
What an honor. :love: Loved it. Amazing.

I stopped listening when I typed, www.morrissey-solo.com. Nahhh, I'm kidding, good cover. Covers are always good. Morrissey never got the proper attention that he deserved, so when people do covers, the people are saying, "Morrissey is good, if you didn't know that already."

Re: Article: Jason Lytle (Grandaddy) and John Grant cover "Everyday Is Like Sunday" i

I stopped listening when I typed, www.morrissey-solo.com. Nahhh, I'm kidding, good cover. Covers are always good. Morrissey never got the proper attention that he deserved, so when people do covers, the people are saying, "Morrissey is good, if you didn't know that already."

well than they should have given the lyrics a proper attention

bench

Listening to some of the knuckle-dragger comments here crack me up. Heaven forbid (!) a vocalist has a unique vocal style and attempts a song that is near and dear to him. It's so easy to throw stones from the shelter of your mother's basements.

Re: Article: Jason Lytle (Grandaddy) and John Grant cover "Everyday Is Like Sunday" i

What an honor. :love: Loved it. Amazing.

fantastic cover, one of the best of this song I've heard.

Listening to some of the knuckle-dragger comments here crack me up. Heaven forbid (!) a vocalist has a unique vocal style and attempts a song that is near and dear to him. It's so easy to throw stones from the shelter of your mother's basements.

These comments made me go back to reappraise this performance to see if i'd missed something. No, squeaking little hobbit of a chap murdering a classic, i can only suppose in an earlier incarnation these people did something positive enough to blind the sense while watching this, please educate me as surely whatever it was must have been immense. Truly appalling nonsense. if you can't be bothered learning the lyrics don't bother at all, in fact please just don't bother at all. If this makes me a knuckle dragger (class insult) so be it.

These comments made me go back to reappraise this performance to see if i'd missed something. No, squeaking little hobbit of a chap murdering a classic, i can only suppose in an earlier incarnation these people did something positive enough to blind the sense while watching this, please educate me as surely whatever it was must have been immense. Truly appalling nonsense. if you can't be bothered learning the lyrics don't bother at all, in fact please just don't bother at all. If this makes me a knuckle dragger (class insult) so be it.

This is why I loved it. I am familiar with Jason Lytle's band, Grandaddy. He sings ethereal tales of robots being abandoned and celestial mischief at the hands of corrupt power games, themes not uncommon to Morrissey's. But different, the voice is second party and slightly falsetto and a tad juvenile, an amazing mixture. I liken to him being a seraph. While he's spinning his tales through his music (and many musicians do this, some more fluidly than others) he's simultaneously channeling God's creation on earth's struggle, who incidently, sings them first person. To hear a Seraph cover one of those first person songs is nothing short of ethereal to me.

But then again I'm the crazy one, but I know a cool thing when I hear it and this my friends is super cool. :D

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom