Johnny Marr announces new double album

Are you saying that ironically?

Have there been any press reviews of Moz's Vegas shows? I haven't seen any yet.

What’s that have to do with someone enjoying one artist’s album over another?

Anyway, there’s more to success than media attention, charts, etc.

:tiphat:

That so much focus is spent on Johnny's hair/hair color is a sad testament to how far our culture has devolved and now overemphasizes image. Who gives a sh-t? If he wants to do it and likes it and feels comfortable doing it, I continually fail to see why it's such a pressing issue for people who claim to be fans or are former fans. It's another case of a painful double standard being applied. Morrissey's hairstyle has been out of fashion for a couple decades, if it was ever truly fashionable outside the fandom, post-Sixties.
Has anyone mentioned his hair?

Academic has a Johnny vibe to me
I was thinking of the extended version of Restless, with its long guitar intro. But you’re quite correct: Academic has a similar Marr sound.

Just curious. Haven't seen anything. Was thinking of going to next Sunday's show.

Even if a movie review is ‘bad’,
you may judge it as good after you experienced watching it. Life is fulll of surprises.

Even if a movie review is ‘bad’,
you may judge it as good after you experienced watching it. Life is fulll of surprises.

You think reviews would be bad? I don't know about the setlist or the band. I have to talk someone into going, an ecstatic press review would help.

You think reviews would be bad? I don't know about the setlist or the band. I have to talk someone into going, an ecstatic press review would help.

What I mean is, regardless of a good or bad review, if interested in the movie, then it may be better to judge for yourself.

If the person doesn’t want to go in the first place, they may not enjoy the show no matter how good it is. They seem to have already decided that it’s not something they wish to experience.

Go on your own.

Ah yes, you're right, Im off to see them on Wednesday night at Halifax Piece Hall, it looks like a fabulous venue, just hope the weathers ok!
I saw that, work wouldn’t allow me to go. I’m envious!

Has anyone mentioned his hair?
My statement was not particular to this thread, but it comes up all the time on this site. There is a thread right now in the General Q&A asking if he wears a wig, ffs.

Andrew f***ing Marr

:lbf:
who would even ask such a question does :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
wear a:guardsman:? no its a 🦨 that sleeps on his head
doh:
unreal:hammer:

My statement was not particular to this thread, but it comes up all the time on this site. There is a thread right now in the General Q&A asking if he wears a wig, ffs.

Jamie do you wear a wig? don’t be be embarrassed, this is a safe space.

He's a good looking guy who has aged incredibly well, that should be more than enough. He just tries very hard to project a 'cool', youthful, almost teenage sort of image at times. All the posturing with the guitar, the facial expressions, the 'Johnny f***ing Marr' thing... it's just a bit cringeworthy.
What's he supposed to do - produce a promo video where he's got grey hair, a bald patch, and is shuffling around with a walking stick and cardigan?

Tags
johnny marr
Back
Top Bottom