Johnny Marr new single "Hi Hello" calls back to 'instinctive sensibilities with its jangly guitars'

just awesome song. Chills.

Link posted by Surface:

Johnny Marr Says 'Hi Hello' to the Old Style in New Single, Video: Exclusive - Billboard

Excerpt:

Johnny Marr is making a reintroduction to a new world on his latest single “Hi Hello” from his forthcoming third solo record Call The Comet.

‘It was one of the songs that just fell into my hands and mind as I was playing,” Marr tells Billboard. “The tune evoked something natural so I just followed it and it felt like I had to sing something personal, something we might all feel about someone sometime.”

The song loosely follows the overarching concept of the next record, which is informed by an alternate utopian reality, even as Marr looks ahead at a dystopian future. It calls back to some of the former Smiths songwriter’s most instinctive sensibilities with its jangly guitar and gloomy keyboard melodies, but they’re presented with a new depth that is distant yet inviting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody got any idea of the location that this video was filmed in?

Anybody got any idea of the location that this video was filmed in?

Yes it was filmed at Drama Js mother in laws back yard. Hocked 6-7 of his cheap-o guitars to pay her
off.:rolleyes:
Enjoy the sucky music.:straightface:

If you hear dear Drama J tell it on youtube he has damn near 500 guitars.o_O
Loaned one to a chick who was mystical and put an aura on the dumb guitar
when she returned.
These are 55-year-old peeps we are talking about.

To further analyze, he wrote the one sucky song while watching some Clint
Eastwood movie with the volume down.:straightface:
Song then came to him.:drama: While watching the movie with the volume down.
Sucky song 'fell into his lap'.

But that was then this is now, now is the YEAR OF THE COMET not the YEAR OF THE CAT but the YEAR OF THE COMET:drama:

back to what I was saying I bet he has but the one plastic blue guitar, due to being
broke.:clap:

Pretty clear you are not a Morrissey fan and simply a troll after this post as the sucky song that came to JM as he watched the Clint Eastwood film was Some girls are bigger than others.

Pretty clear you are not a Morrissey fan and simply a troll after this post as the sucky song that came to JM as he watched the Clint Eastwood film was Some girls are bigger than others.

You dont really believe that story.:crazy:
Moz wrote that song.:straightface:

People , after taking a quick look at Drama J singing Moz songs, its super obvious he didnt write them. FFS, he cant even make them intelligible. You cant make out one from the other:straightface:

He wrote a Moz song while watching a Clint Eastwood movie. In his DJ mind maybe.:lbf:

I love Johnny and really wanted to like this after reading everyone's positive posts. But after getting a chance for my first listen, meh.

:eek: Are you actually mehing Johnny f***ING Meh?

I hereby sentence you to listening to "European Meh" 10000 times!

The next Marr video release:

Regards,
FWD.

Wt F is he singing? Sounds like "this breast am I":flushed:

Is he wearing 3 rings on one finger?:grin: WtF?

Best to not release any more cuts and let 'the COMET':drama: catch the buyer unawares.:smiley:

Oh my GOD, this is SO GOOD!! This album is going to be a MONSTER!!
Honestly, given the selection I've seen so far- Four songs? Five? They're all so musically different from one another without being incoherent or piecemeal sounding, which is always a challenge when a band wants to mix up sonic textures on an album. I don't get the impression that he's throwing whatever at the wall to see what sticks, I get the impression that he's having a genuine good time playing with sound and inspiration, and flourishing with good collaborators.

Ok. Now that I've said my bit, Vegan dum dum can come along and compare him to Captain and Tenille and bitch about his hairdo or something.

Kudos to Drama J for sparing no expense in renting the school projector used in this hq video.:straightface:

This album is going to something special. I️ love everything I’ve heard. Stellar song writing and his vocals are the best he’s done.

A pleasant piece of music but one of the stupidest song titles ever, crap clichéd lyrics, and forgettable singing. What a waste of a decent composition.

The cheap school projector doesnt cover the entire wall:squiffy:
You can see the cracks on the wall, towards the side where
the projector doesnt cover.:straightface:
Was this video produced by Mikey?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom