Johnny Marr's son calls Morrissey a racist on Instagram

EgY7B7-XkAA1LVk

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you have to stay humourless or you couldn't relentlessly troll, but there are limits.

Nile has directly associated racism with The Smiths brand. The only brand his Dad is famous for. Tainted brand, tainted legacy.

If it wasn't for Johnny, Morrissey would still be writing furious letters to the NME and angry that the world hasn't recognised his genius. At best, he'd be a fourth division indie nobody with a string of poor selling solo LP's probably reissued on Cherry Red and a handful of web interviews in the "Where Are They Now?" file behind him.

And if it wasn't for Moz, Johnny Marr would've joined The The in 1982 - who did very well and would have definitely still done very well with Johnny in them, before also joining Electronic in 1989.

Are you being mean to the Manics? I almost "laugh"-reacted but if you're being mean to the Manics I can't.
Course not and I am a fan of the band as well and despite the fact they are leftists they always seem to sing and talk about things in a very free thinking way that I respect deeply.

🤒

Jr aka 👉👶👈
is pouting because his miserable so called musical career failed spectacularly
and now has to find a job, which he refuses to do.😧
biting the hand that feeds him, the mini twat, moz pays for his groceries
and hair extensions via Sr twat, :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
a confederacy of knobs the twat family.:blushing:
Nonce I

Nile Marr is a non-entity shouting into a dispassionate void in hope of desperate recognition

Rubbish

He can say what the f**k he wants and if he believes Morrissey is a racist he is entitled to say so and it was on Instagram so hardly a forum for discussion.

Yes and If people believe that Morrissey is NOT racist then they are also entitled to say so. What the f*** is your point? Again, no one is preventing Nile from typing words into his social media apps.

If it wasn't for Johnny, Morrissey would still be writing furious letters to the NME and angry that the world hasn't recognised his genius. At best, he'd be a fourth division indie nobody with a string of poor selling solo LP's probably reissued on Cherry Red and a handful of web interviews in the "Where Are They Now?" file behind him.

And if it wasn't for Moz, Johnny Marr would've joined The The in 1982 - who did very well and would have definitely still done very well with Johnny in them, before also joining Electronic in 1989.

Nah. Johnny probably would have found other musicians to play with, but it wouldn't have been those bands. He may have been able to put together another decent band, but it wouldn't have been as impactful as The Smiths. They both needed each other for their careers to take off.

Which is why you're spending your time venting on Marr Solo. :paranoid:

Marr turned down The The before he met Morrissey.

Nah. Johnny probably would have found other musicians to play with, but it wouldn't have been those bands. He may have been able to put together another decent band, but it wouldn't have been as impactful as The Smiths. They both needed each other for their careers to take off.

You do know that Matt Johnson and Johnny Marr were friends and Matt asked Johnny to join The The the week after Johnny joined The Smiths, right? The The in 1982-1993 would have been a duo of Matt and Johnny who would've been more prolific and toured a lot more than The The did.

Everyone know Moz/Marr worked well together, but to think Morrissey saved Marr from obscurity is revisionist nonsense. He would've been successful whether he'd met Moz or not.

But Moz on his own? I'm nowhere near as confident.

Honestly, no. Moz would still be more interesting even if he was the local weirdo.

Honestly, no. Moz would still be more interesting even if he was the local weirdo.

I just dipped into Marr's book - and the The The biography - and it looks that Marr was asked before he met Morrissey in 1982 when Matt Johnson was up in Manchester. Marr said "If I can move to London, I'm in." (p113, Marr)

The next time Marr was in London, it was with The Smiths demo tape that Rough Trade decided to take up, and Marr deferred to follow the path of The Smiths. (p 190, The The)

Moz might be more interesting, but he couldn't play an instrument for shit. Marr was offered a role in The The on a plate before he met Moz, was interested, but stuck with The Smiths when RT offered him a deal rather than join The The. If RT hadn't taken up The Smiths demo, he would likely have jumped ship.

I just dipped into Marr's book - and the The The biography - and it looks that Marr was asked before he met Morrissey in 1982 when Matt Johnson was up in Manchester. Marr said "If I can move to London, I'm in." (p113, Marr)

The next time Marr was in London, it was with The Smiths demo tape that Rough Trade decided to take up, and Marr deferred to follow the path of The Smiths. (p 190, The The)

Moz might be more interesting, but he couldn't play an instrument for shit. Marr was offered a role in The The on a plate before he met Moz, was interested, but stuck with The Smiths when RT offered him a deal rather than join The The. If RT hadn't taken up The Smiths demo, he would likely have jumped ship.

Who cares if Moz doesn't play an instrument? He made better songs.

You do know that Matt Johnson and Johnny Marr were friends and Matt asked Johnny to join The The the week after Johnny joined The Smiths, right? The The in 1982-1993 would have been a duo of Matt and Johnny who would've been more prolific and toured a lot more than The The did.

Everyone know Moz/Marr worked well together, but to think Morrissey saved Marr from obscurity is revisionist nonsense. He would've been successful whether he'd met Moz or not.

But Moz on his own? I'm nowhere near as confident.

Him not joining The The in 1981, when he first met Matt, had nothing to do with Moz. Johnny couldn't afford moving to London and that was the end of it.

According to Matt it was better that way:
“It was a bit awkward, because I was based in London and neither of us had lots of money. On reflection, it was just as well. We were both pretty wild at that time, drugs wise, and the pair of us would probably have ended up as fatalities. There was a link there and we later kept an eye on each other’s careers. I knew we’d end up working together eventually and he felt the same.”

I agree that Marr's best work aside from The Smiths was with The The though, but it's Matt Johnson's show and I don't think Johnny would have reached the same level of "guitar god" fame if he had only been the second guitarist next to Johnson.

Electronic were boring beyond words and never took off and even Peter Hook's side project Monaco managed to create more in one song than Electronic did on their entire production. If Electronic had his bass they would have been huge.

Him not joining The The in 1981, when he first met Matt, had nothing to do with Moz. Johnny couldn't afford moving to London and that was the end of it.

According to Matt it was better that way:
“It was a bit awkward, because I was based in London and neither of us had lots of money. On reflection, it was just as well. We were both pretty wild at that time, drugs wise, and the pair of us would probably have ended up as fatalities. There was a link there and we later kept an eye on each other’s careers. I knew we’d end up working together eventually and he felt the same.”

I agree that Marr's best work aside from The Smiths was with The The though, but it's Matt Johnson's show and I don't think Johnny would have reached the same level of "guitar god" fame if he had only been the second guitarist next to Johnson.

The way I read the The The book was that Marr would've gone to The The if RT hadn't taken up The Smiths demo tape. According to Marr, he agreed to join if he could get to London. I quoted Marr's exact words up the page.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom