Johnny Marr's son calls Morrissey a racist on Instagram

EgY7B7-XkAA1LVk

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
What did he do in 2015?

as much as you would love to go off topic and lead into a discussion on why people thing he is racist I am not going there. That has been done many times and isn't relevant to the post regarding t shirts.

as much as you would love to go off topic and lead into a discussion on why people thing he is racist I am not going there. That has been done many times and isn't relevant to the post regarding t shirts.

It would be on topic.

If you saw the t-shirts in 2015, what was it for?

The Smiths split and Morrissey becomes a famous solo artist, Marr goes on to be known as the guitarist that was in The Smiths. I think that tells you all you need to know. What’s the name of this sight again?!?!?

He formed Electronic because of issues in New Order about the direction Hooky didn't want to go. Hooky was not interested in moving further into the dance arena and didn't want programming to become the key part of the band.

He never left New Order, he just wanted to do something that was more electronic and JM also wanted to do that too and then came along The Pet Shop Boys, The Kraftwerk drummer, etc etc

It isn't that he had to return to New Order. He never left and JM was also at the time with The The so it was a project they both didn't think would actually go far but ended up going much further than they imagined.
Thanks for explaining what we already knew.

And this is what Morrissey has been doing throughout his whole career.

Maybe he too should have phoned up Robert Smith, Elton John, and all the other people he remotely dissed.

It isn't anything new.
I think his confrontation in interviews and articles was a bit more brave than the passive aggressive social media posts of today and he also did confront some of them in real life.

or it is about a 28yr old speaking his mind

Do you even know what his parental upbringing was like or his education?

Those who view people who call Morrissey a racist as having been brought up badly or programmed will always think that. It is indeed all about an attitude problem
Far too old then to act childish and he missed the 27 year old dead artist window to become truly immortal.
Dad must feel ashamed of him.

Hooky can't sing for toffee.
I think he has a far cooler voice than a lot of other acclaimed artists who talked their way through lyrics. But he is too much of a man for the people into that scene. When Ian Curtis had his attacks he acted like a true man would not panicking like a woman like Bernard did.

Far too old then to act childish and he missed the 27 year old dead artist window to become truly immortal.
Dad must feel ashamed of him.
Most sons suffer being in the shadow of a successful Father, seems this one is suffering SPFM successes? It's tragic.#BeKind

The Smiths split and Morrissey becomes a famous solo artist, Marr goes on to be known as the guitarist that was in The Smiths. I think that tells you all you need to know. What’s the name of this sight again?!?!?

Johnny's last album sold more copies in the UK than either of Morrissey's last 2 offerings, he played at Glastonbury last year to a huge crowd and sells out all of his tour dates, so I reckon Johnny has become pretty well known as a solo artist.

Johnny's last album sold more copies in the UK than either of Morrissey's last 2 offerings, he played at Glastonbury last year to a huge crowd and sells out all of his tour dates, so I reckon Johnny has become pretty well known as a solo artist.
Bad taste in music has a lot to do with what is on offer. People have really struggled for ages now to come up with something to like and of course these days people buy music in all sorts of ways.
What is sad about this debate is that some believe they can force others to like the same music as them and convince others how great it is. Maybe people should just realise that people have different taste in music and be ok with that.
I think for the most part a small group of people are desperate to get the music scene going again but it is dead compared to what we used to have. People grow up and move on and get new things to entertain them and in todays world we can all see how music is used to support fascism and control over people and in many ways it works.
That is why we have mainstream tv news on all the time cause if that stopped more people would actually wake up and take action. I have radio and tv on most of the time and I have never ever heard a single tune from Nile Marr or his dad anywhere.

🤒

Moz has always outsold the LePewish twat :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft:
album for album.
The twat no longer has a label. Nobody will even take money to put out his sucko records.:) Everybody has dropped him, including Hooky, Bernard, The Pretenders, everybody has given him the boot.:lbf:
NO MORE 🐸 Le Pew albums!!!!!!!:rock:

thank you all out there who were smart enough not to buy his sucko albums.(y)

LOL I thought he played guitar coattails? I appreciated the fact he got invited to play in good bands. Thanks to Morrissey. Can't wait to see Johnnie at The London Paladium LOL Social Distancing might be his saviour LOL

PS VERY IMPORTANT SECRET NEWS!!!!🕵️‍♂️
write it down: NO MORE 👉👶👈
albums, done like daddy Sr LePew🤟

Why isn't this little snot rioting in Portland already?

Excellent take ! Problem is, they always boot shoot and fast once they realize the garbage they once embraced is at their own front door. Kinda like the commiefornicates all moving to Boise, or Bozeman to be safe from what they are....still for and all about ! Amazing ! They have to be paid to behave and s

Try and find an interview with him where he isn't asked about/doesn't discuss The Smiths. Morrissey on the other hand doesn't need to discuss The Smiths in interviews nor play their songs to sell concert tickets. I'd go and see Morrissey perform if he decided to revert to a 'no Smiths songs' policy, I can think of a dozen songs from his solo career in just a couple of minutes that I'd like to see him play live, and I'm sure most of his fans feel the same way - but would I got to a Johnny Marr gig if he was only playing his solo stuff? Nope. The Smiths are Marr's 'access all areas' ticket, the only part of his long career that most people are genuinely interested in. The crowds turn up because they want to hear him play Smiths songs. And his albums may have outsold Morrissey's last two, but that's not saying much. His media strategy for the launch of his autobiography was to highlight the brief anecdote in the book about how he nearly got The Smiths to reunite, following a meet-up with Morrissey in a pub 10 years previously - until Morrissey changed his mind. That previously unheard of nugget of gossip (because Morrissey had never felt any need to mention it in all the interviews he'd done since then) was the book's major selling point - and he knew it: he'd been saving it up and keeping it close to his chest for years.

Try and find an interview with him where he isn't asked about/doesn't discuss The Smiths. Morrissey on the other hand doesn't need to discuss The Smiths in interviews nor play their songs to sell concert tickets. I'd go and see Morrissey perform if he decided to revert to a 'no Smiths songs' policy, I can think of a dozen songs from his solo career in just a couple of minutes that I'd like to see him play live, and I'm sure most of his fans feel the same way - but would I got to a Johnny Marr gig if he was only playing his solo stuff? Nope. The Smiths are Marr's 'access all areas' ticket, the only part of his long career that most people are genuinely interested in. The crowds turn up because they want to hear him play Smiths songs. And his albums may have outsold Morrissey's last two, but that's not saying much. His media strategy for the launch of his autobiography was to highlight the brief anecdote in the book about how he nearly got The Smiths to reunite, following a meet-up with Morrissey in a pub 10 years previously - until Morrissey changed his mind. That previously unheard of nugget of gossip (because Morrissey had never felt any need to mention it in all the interviews he'd done since then) was the book's major selling point - and he knew it: he'd been saving it up and keeping it close to his chest for years.

That's largely because Moz peevishly insists on "No Smiths questions", and if he's asked about them in his usual email format doesn't bother to answer .

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom