"Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

TTY - Kiss Me A Lot Official Video directed by Sam Esty Rayner

As I read the name Sam Esty Rayner I feared the worst ... and what can I say ... it's even worse than I'd imagined. The boy knows nothing (unfortunately). Watch for yourself ...

http://true-to-you.net/

Why don't we all strip off to our undies, write 'kiss me a lot' all over our bodies and make an alternative, more diverse and representative version of this video? That way Morrissey might see the error of his ways.

You know Morrissey, since all you were after was something bankable, other than a crowd-pleasing joyous rousing song about kissing, you could have gone for a hymn to mindless violence as well...

Kick me a lot, kick me a lot
And then I'll just shut my face
Kick me a lot kicka-me a lat
Kick mee all over the pla-a-ace...

You could be filmed getting beaten up in various exotic spots by a large variety of people (homo or hetero beating up, you get to choose). And at the end of the video, a real hot guy, say Solomon Walker, woud punch you, and you'd get a Nosebleed.

By the way : how does Sam film about snuff movies? I can just imagine how cinematic he'd make the death of his uncle look. "Awright Moz...Bleed a bit...Look of intense pain...Can we see a bit of regret in those eyes as well...Damon, kneel and weep... More boobies! Aaaaaaaaaand CUT!"

I particularly like how he has put 'Copyright S.E.R' at the end. Like anyone else would want to lay claim to it :lbf:

Look at them at the start, just look at them. There is great pride in their work. I could watch it over and over, it's brilliant for all the wrong reasons.

The best bit is around 2 minutes 30.

Last edited:
Why don't we all strip off to our undies, write 'kiss me a lot' all over our bodies and make an alternative, more diverse and representative version of this video? That way Morrissey might see the error of his ways.
Future Moz opener Amanda Palmer did something similar with great results when Roadrunner Records told her that her belly was too fat. She called it the Rebellyon and it got a lot of press.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2008/dec/03/dresden-dolls-roadrunner

So what your saying is he's made a crap i-phone movie at the risk of destroying his Nephews future career but hey it's cool just look at all the publicity ! If your right he really is a selfish nasty piece of work.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Hi Benny,
No, I'm saying that I think the video was meant as satire, but in his nephew's incapable hands, it just comes off as crap. According to Sam, it was Morriseey's concept, but Sam was, after all, the one who directed it. I don't think Morrissey made it just for publicity, I just think it says quite a bit about the man's charisma that he can get all of us talking about it this much, when it is in fact such a trite, poorly made piece of pop detritus. Just an observation, really.

O dear god it actually starting to make sense
Don't get me wrong still a crap execution
But it's getting people talking
Oh help me

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortuntely i'm a dead ringer for the blonde chick in the KMAL vid so someone else will have to go first.

:straightface::lbf:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a dead ringer for the brunette

- - - Updated - - -

I think morrissey like to have been Ronnie Kray
But then nature didn't make him that way

- - - Updated - - -

Nananananana

- - - Updated - - -

He knows the swingers and their cavalry
Says he can get in anywhere for free
I began to go a little cross eyed
And from this charmless man I just had to hide

- - - Updated - - -

He talks at speed he gets nosebleeds
He doesn't see his days
Are tumbling down upon him
And yet he tries so hard to please
He's just so keen for you to listen
But no one is listening
And when you put it all together
There's the model of a charmless man

- - - Updated - - -

Morrissey in a nutshell

- - - Updated - - -

Although he is a charming man:blushing:

Oh dear the lyrics for charmless man is the explanation for this video
:ahhh:

- - - Updated - - -

Wrote this charming man by mistake

Last edited by a moderator:
lynnda writes:

Thanks lynnda, this actually contributes to my understanding of the video. What Morrissey's concept or intentions with this video are, probably has to be left to speculation, but i like your original and sophisticated approach.
BTw, can somebody tell me what the two crew members are saying at the beginning? My Spanish is a bit rusty.

I hear: "Estas ..... nuevo de Morrissey" "Besame mucho" "Con mucho ..... "

Este es el video nuevo de Morrissey, "Bésame mucho". Con mucho cariño *they blow a kiss*

(this is Morrissey's new video, "Kiss me a lot". With lots of love [cariño is actually more like warmth or affection but I think love works better here])

Oh trust me he's here to troll. He's obsessed with Morrissey (see his long overblown pompous windbag type posts) and clearly can't find enough pottery or needlework classes to fill in his day, hence these rather long and essentially meaningless diatribes on all things Morrissey that clog the arteries of many threads on this forum. For once he and I agree though that this 'video' is a nadir of sorts for Morrissey. However where most folks will comment over 5 or 6 posts he will continue on and on and on. I think of it as walking to down a beautiful beach only to see the beach littered with rubbish and pollutants.

My posts are NOT about Morrissey. He is merely Exhibit A, a conduit for my ruminations on pop culture which I share here for others to engage with or ignore. Why don't you just put me on Ignore and stop trolling me? I'm only expressing my opinion. As for trolling, well, we know who's the real troll in this thread: Morrissey.

Morrissey: from rock genius to internet troll

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...2/dec/13/morrissey-rock-genius-internet-troll

A quintessential troll

http://www.clashmusic.com/reviews/live-report-morrissey-at-the-o2-arena-london

What you have to remember is, Morrissey is a troll. He always has been.

http://www.thefourohfive.com/tv/mor...r-kiss-me-a-lot-fans-not-happy-with-style-142

best
BB

If the message has soared over the heads of the masses it's because Sam's execution of the message was so shit. Having said that, I think the obvious has soared right over your head.

Please re-read the section about my idea for a cat video and maybe you will realize that something soared over your head. Obviously, it was terribly executed, and whether it was meant to have a profound concept or it was just a toungue in cheek attempt to address the question of how to market Morrissey to a wider audience (tits anyone?) is no longer the point. The fascinating outcome of this video is that so many people are invested in analyzing it, thirty pages of comments worth and counting. How many other artists who have been around for decades still command this much attention? Morrissey is part of a very fickle industry where this year's favorite is frequently gone and completely forgotten in a few years, so the continued concern about every aspect of his career, from video execution to shirt selection, speaks volumes about the devotion that his fans continue to have for him.

lynnda

Can we address the mother-f***ing elephant in the room? Will you acknowledge that it is embarrassingly obvious that you've historically outed yourself as a Morrissey Sympathizer and with the determination and blindness of a person so accustomed to dysfunctional co-dependent repartee, you've turned 180 after 180 unaware it is RECORDED HERE to lambast Morrissey like Abraham offering up Isaac and FOR WHAT PURPOSE? To constrcutively criticize morrissey? (You are a selfless martyr now, aren't you? ) To get your self-obsessed rocks off?

To PLAGUE the forums of solo and make it look like Brummie's sticky long-winded cum rag?

Many people are laughing at the sad, sinister web you think you're weaving. You need to think about shutting the f*** up, fast.

I think we all feel for you. It must be so awful for you to have to watch Morrissey resort to inserting scantily-clad models in lingerie into a music video for no reason or purpose other than as click-bait.

How does it feel? There's now a distinct possibilty that Morrissey is 'coming out' as heterosexual and yet....it's highly unlikely that he would have any interest in you. How can you cope with the cognitive dissonance of his fat-shaming in 'Autobiography' now that he has openly joined the tsunami of gratuitous sexism in music videos? Have you actually read 'Autobiography' yet? Or is it simply too painful to face these truths?

I have no problem praising Morrissey when he produces work of quality. You will recall I was fulsome in my praise of WPINOYB until he lost the plot with Harvest/Twitter and on and on. For many years I assumed Morrissey was sincere in his credentials on animal rights, republican opposition to hereditary royalty and gender conformity. I revise my views in line with available evidence.

I wonder how Kristeen Young feels about this latest debacle. She made such a principled stance against gratuitous sexism. I'm sure she's just relieved she found a life-raft before the ship sinks beneath the waves.

Sexualised music videos only teach women how to sell out

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-how-to-sell-out/story-fni0cwl5-1227070613498

As for plagueing these forums: physician heal thyself!

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...ut-her-age/page24?p=1986843535#post1986843535

"Bare my limbs, my friends my fat R-u-m-p.
Nature's round. It S-w-i-n-gs,
and comes back. Hits you back. Back,
I'll get you: T.k.o and coming, back."

best
BB

Re: Article: "Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

Oh dear the lyrics for charmless man is the explanation for this video
:ahhh:

Really? That's such an old song.
And I don't think there's ever been much getting in for free. If I had the very short list of people who let him in for free, I'd congratulate them on their selflessness.

As for the swingers...Well I like to think they're important folks. I like to imagine Morrissey knows the 98 year old Lord Shrewdberry quite intimately, for instance. Or the Camerons.

Wonder if there's a video of that somewhere.

I think we all feel for you. It must be so awful for you to have to watch Morrissey resort to inserting scantily-clad models in lingerie into a music video for no reason or purpose other than as click-bait.

How does it feel? There's now a distinct possibilty that Morrissey is 'coming out' as heterosexual and yet....it's highly unlikely that he would have any interest in you. How can you cope with the cognitive dissonance of his fat-shaming in 'Autobiography' now that he has openly joined the tsunami of gratuitous sexism in music videos? Have you actually read 'Autobiography' yet? Or is it simply too painful to face these truths?

I have no problem praising Morrissey when he produces work of quality. You will recall I was fulsome in my praise of WPINOYB until he lost the plot with Harvest/Twitter and on and on. For many years I assumed Morrissey was sincere in his credentials on animal rights, republican opposition to hereditary royalty and gender conformity. I revise my views in line with available evidence.

I wonder how Kristeen Young feels about this latest debacle. She made such a principled stance against gratuitous sexism. I'm sure she's just relieved she found a life-raft before the ship sinks beneath the waves.

Sexualised music videos only teach women how to sell out

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-how-to-sell-out/story-fni0cwl5-1227070613498

As for plagueing these forums: physician heal thyself!

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...ut-her-age/page24?p=1986843535#post1986843535

"Bare my limbs, my friends my fat R-u-m-p.
Nature's round. It S-w-i-n-gs,
and comes back. Hits you back. Back,
I'll get you: T.k.o and coming, back."

best
BB

The fact that you think morrissey is heterosexual over homosexual just show that you know nothing about him.

So the photo on the insert of the Paris single automatically makes that a song about homosexual lust? Whether it be a sleeve photo or a video they are both 'advertising' the product. Similarly the 'We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful' video with its handsome chaps in boxing t shirts and ice cream consumption was a song about homosexual lust?

Oh, you're still trolling me? OK. Let's play! It's fine for Morrissey and his band to subvert the norms of using women as eye-candy by humourously high-lighting their own flabby male bodies. It's ironic, it's supportive of women who don't fit the model-negligee stereotype that this video portrays and it's also supportive of gay and bisexual men's right to objectify each other without colluding in sexist oppression of women. I always assumed that Morrissey's boxer fixation was both an ironic nod to the homo-erotic sub-text of the sport and to his own troubled relationship with masculinity. Now that he has denied being homosexual and embraced conventional heterosexist imagery and motifs, that all seems a rather odd episode from the past.

best
BB

My posts are NOT about Morrissey. He is merely Exhibit A, a conduit for my ruminations on pop culture which I share here for others to engage with or ignore. Why don't you just put me on Ignore and stop trolling me? I'm only expressing my opinion. As for trolling, well, we know who's the real troll in this thread: Morrissey.

Morrissey: from rock genius to internet troll

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...2/dec/13/morrissey-rock-genius-internet-troll

A quintessential troll

http://www.clashmusic.com/reviews/live-report-morrissey-at-the-o2-arena-london

What you have to remember is, Morrissey is a troll. He always has been.

http://www.thefourohfive.com/tv/mor...r-kiss-me-a-lot-fans-not-happy-with-style-142

best
BB

Dude, you're rationalizing your OCD.

o god, what an awful video.
you know its low budget when your hot models are out of synch.
then you draw words on their bodily parts that are impossible to read.

Re: Article: "Kiss Me A Lot" official video directed by Sam Esty Rayner - TTY

The fact that you think morrissey is heterosexual over homosexual just show that you know nothing about him.

Morrissey has denied he is homosexual. He did not deny he was heterosexual. The logical inference is that he is indeed heterosexual.

best
BB

[h=1]Statement[/h]
19 October 2013
"Unfortunately, I am not homosexual. In technical fact, I am humasexual. I am attracted to humans. But, of course ... not many".
-MORRISSEY, Sweden, 19 October 2013.

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_131019_01

- - - Updated - - -

Dude, you're rationalizing your OCD.

Dude, you're rationalizing The Cult Of Morrissey.

best
BB

I really think that Morrissey intended this video to be funny. Because to him, women are funny (= peculiar), period. -Periods are also hilarious to him, but you can't really show that if you want to stay classy.-

Giraffes in G. strings would have been the same to him. Except he didn't have the budget. He once had the budget for disguised doggies. But hot babes his nephew knows are cheaper.

That's about all there is to it, really.

(That's also why the joints were imaginary. No budget.)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom