Morrissey Central "Kung Flu" (April 16, 2020)

But plenty of people are not in their right mind, and will take this casual racism as encouragement to abuse others. Therein lies the problem.

True, but even if this joke was never made, the nutters would still be a threat regardless.

Nope, if you've followed this for any length of time I simply prefer to not engage with Dave. It's been that way for a while. Sorry to burst your bubble champ.
You sound a lot like "anonymous," pal/champ. You reply at least once but avoid the issue that you raised yourself.
Here's a very simple TL;DR for you.
Casual racism encourages hate. Racist humor is...wait for it... racist!

Aye okay Dr Dolittle ?

LOL.. I simply think that a poor understanding of science doesn't help at all to stop the stupid things we do with the animals.

It's just like the argument we often see about how man is not "naturally designed" to eat meat and weird explanations about the teeth, jaw, stomach... in the long run, any fool will be able to say: "hey, but my grandpa was carnivorous and he lived 110 years and he was mostly very healthy during the whole of his life, so this is probably bullshit".

MEAT IS MURDER was a powerful song (and still is) because it didn't got into weird scientific areas and simply commented the ethical side (which is perfect, the problem is ethical.. we can leave the "bad science" for David Icke and other folks like him).

It's a pun. And it's related to wanting laws changed in China.

I think China's pushing it trying to claim it's racist to link it to China, esp when they've been trying to blame foreigners themselves, disappeared 2 whistleblowers (one is now dead), had to change their death figures because no one believed them, didn't report any of this early enough & sold the UK duff test kits for 20 million.

model.jpg

It's a pun. And it's related to wanting laws changed in China.

I think China's pushing it trying to claim it's racist to link it to China, esp when they've been trying to blame foreigners themselves, disappeared 2 whistleblowers (one is now dead), had to change their death figures because no one believed them, didn't report any of this early enough & sold the UK duff test kits for 20 million.
You say Kung Flu is a pun? This is an amazing insight!
Calling it "The Chinese Flu" wouldn't be racist in itself although this is something that would be popular with racists. Calling it "Kung Flu" is ignorant and clearly racist. "it's related to wanting laws changed in China," how exactly please? How does "Kung Flu" achieve this?

Calling it "The Chinese Flu" wouldn't be racist in itself although this is something that would be popular with racists. Calling it "Kung Flu" is ignorant and clearly racist. "it's related to wanting laws changed in China," how exactly please? How does "Kung Flu" achieve this?
There was a Spanish Flu, even when it didn't come out from Spain. There's nothing racist about calling it Chinese Flur. It's a fact that this started in China. Let's call things by the name. I hope this helps to bring Chinese restaurants down!

It's a headline for a post that contains a link to a news story about Ricky Gervais calling for animal welfare laws to be changed in China.

It's not aimed at a person. It's not harassing them or implying they're inferior. And the racist angle was pushed by China's government.

Here's a quick point. I don't do very well at calculus and yet I'm assured that it isn't nonsense just because it's difficult for me to understand.
Not responsible for your inability to read or form a reply. Don't care if you read it or not.
scan:
look at all parts of (something) carefully in order to detect some feature.

You don't "scan something briefly" you f***ing moron.
Haha? I looked at a couple of paragraphs you posted and it was utter guff and anyway no need to be so cheeky just because your boring post was pish ?

It's a headline for a post that contains a link to a news story about Ricky Gervais calling for animal welfare laws to be changed in China.

It's not aimed at a person. It's not harassing them or implying they're inferior. And the racist angle was pushed by China's government.

I don't think you understood the question but I don't understand the answer so I'll call it even. Your definition of racism as having to be "aimed at a person" is particularly baffling.
It doesn't imply they're inferior but it takes a stereotype, "China = Kung Fu" and uses that in a way that is mildly harassing. And possibly overthinking this (never!) but it takes a part of Chinese heritage that China can be proud of and makes it into something they can be ashamed of, which is some clever trolling but still trolling. I think with issues like this where something can be seen as racist, and especially when it's such a serious subject it might be better to consider how it can be read as well as how it's intended.
If people weren't dying from it "Kung Flu" might have a better chance of being read humorously. Morrissey is a troll who doesn't shy away from the appearance of racism so of course he's going to be behind this. But it does appear racist. Saying it doesn't is wishful thinking.

Okay we'll call it Dung Flu then, whatever it's called it's Worldwide shit and these hellhole markets wherever they are should be shut down and banned immediately. No time for tip toeing around this now as the World is suffering, animals & humans alike.
Kung Pooh

I don't think you understood the question but I don't understand the answer so I'll call it even. Your definition of racism as having to be "aimed at a person" is particularly baffling.
It doesn't imply they're inferior but it takes a stereotype, "China = Kung Fu" and uses that in a way that is mildly harassing. And possibly overthinking this (never!) but it takes a part of Chinese heritage that China can be proud of and makes it into something they can be ashamed of, which is some clever trolling but still trolling. I think with issues like this where something can be seen as racist, and especially when it's such a serious subject it might be better to consider how it can be read as well as how it's intended.
If people weren't dying from it "Kung Flu" might have a better chance of being read humorously. Morrissey is a troll who doesn't shy away from the appearance of racism so of course he's going to be behind this. But it does appear racist. Saying it doesn't is wishful thinking.
You're jumping to a helluva lot of assumptions & conclusions tonight me old China, time for a Horlicks, hot watty botty & an early night methinks.

What he said is perfectly accurate,I think the same , and i am also from the 3rd world,in Argentina you eat a lot of meat and this is higley appreciated so when tourists come from all over the world the first thing they want is to eat Argentine barbecue,but in my country there are no humid markets and we not have those macabre habits, like in China.
Everywhere there are evil people who mistreat animals, but they are not the majority,.!!!
She :)

I think you are confused... though a lot of people are. You are mixing ethical ideas with science, but getting confused about science. You are not the only one here, a half of the posters seem to have a similar confusion.

I certainly agree with the ethical ideas... but when they are justified by poorly understood science, the obvious fallacy of many will always be stating that IF the scientific ideas are wrong, then the ethical ideas are nonsensical too... which is not the case.

It's as if we were saying that (human) murder is wrong because it may spread diseases... which is hardly a good argument against murder.

Not true... the exploitation or lack of exploitation would not really make a change... Viruses are not ethical creatures (they are not even creatures actually). Animals can carry viruses which may be infectious for humans (or not), that's independent of how animals are treated.
The infamous dengue virus carried by mosquitoes is pandemic in Argentina, mostly in the north-east and the center of the country.... Whilst the Hantavirus carried by rodents is pandemic in the South... mosquitoes and rodents are not "exploited" and their lives would actually be identical if we all decided to go vegan.

False... the structure of the so called "wet markets" does not exist here, but small and somehow improvised markets where they sell the strangest animals as food are extremely typical in the North East and North West (of Argentina)... Yes, you can find markets where they sell snakes, capybaras, oysters, wild pigs, llamas... and only God knows what else. Specially true in the North East.

Not true again... Imagine that a virus is somehow like a key... a key that needs a keyhole. MOST animal viruses simply don't fit into the "keyholes" that we have in our cells. It's not that we became immune, we simply can't get infected.
i.e, one of my cats recently died because of a Coronavirus, it was during the quarantine (yes, not Covid-19... there are lots of animal coronaviruses). The specific coronavirus that killed my cat can't infect a human, nor it can infect a dog or a mice or a roach or a snake or an ant or an elephant... its key can't get into any of keyholes of those other animals. It was not a process of immunization, it is simply that the virus does not have the right key as to attack most animals, even if it's a huge problem when it arrives to a cat.

Which disease can we get if we eat a well cooked dog or cat? I don't know any disease that we can get if we do it.

So... is it a scientific concern or an ethical concern?
I have excellent reasons for NOT eating a dog or a cat, but none of them is scientific, but ethical.
(in the same way that I do not know any scientific reasons that makes it "wrong" to murder a human.... even if anyone who is not a psychopath does not need a scientific reasons, because it's an ethical problem).

I think it's a mistake to try to find scientific justifications for what is ethically right... because in the long run you may end up finding out that science has no evidence that eating a cat or a dog is "wrong" or "unhealthy"... and yet such thing is not something that justifies the action of doing it (because it's an ethical problem, not a medical one).

And sorry for going against your arguments, I think we both agree on the ethical side of it... we probably disagree on the medical side of the issue, but I don't think the medical side of the issue is even relevant (in the same way that we do not look for medical explanations about why murdering other persons can be unhealthy for us).

Nonsense. I wasn't talking about ethics. Respecting animals and the environment is crucial for us to survive as a species. Ethics has nothing to do with it. It's about life or death. If you don't undersand it now you never will.

Icke said the exaggerated CoronaHoax is an economic power grab by the billionaires (he calls them the "1%") who run the world. I believe him.

He's not as crazy as people think. He gets many of these issues right.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom