Las Vegas, NV - The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (Aug. 28, 2021) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Never Had No One Ever (solo debut) / Jim Jim Falls / I Wish You Lonely / Alma Matters / What Kind Of People Live In These Houses? (live debut) / Satan Rejected My Soul/ The Lazy Sunbathers (live debut) / Knockabout World (live debut) / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / This Night Has Opened My Eyes (solo debut) / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / Irish Blood, English Heart / Lady Willpower / Trouble Loves Me / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of dogged perseverance & Carlos Rodriguez.

• Merchandise booth photo posted by Famous when dead.

• Photo from @HoIdenMorrissey / Twitter. Link posted by NealCassidy.

• Photo posted by GirlAfraidWillNeverLearn:

• Steve Cochran - backdrop star identified by Famous when dead:

• Photos from dneur / Instagram. Link posted by Famous when dead:

Media item:

Last edited:
The set-list isn't bad - it just highlights that he has a deep reservoir of songs and you just can't please everyone. And anyway, you should know that the songs are picked because that's what Morrissey wants to sing on the night and not chosen by some fan vote.

Lovely to see him in great spirits, and seeing Alain behind him again is nothing short of a good feeling. He looked very happy to be there.

Great crowd, they were really energised even if the songs didn't always keep that energy going.

As always a big thank you to all those that filmed the experience. My my, baby. He's back!

First of all: Morrissey live again
Second: Alain back in the band
Third: He played "This night....."!!!

Isn't that enough to make the night great???? I really don't know what some people want here. I'd personally remove the 4 covers, though I quite like them, but I think the setlist was great, at least 5 songs that have never been played before, "This night..." "People's houses", "Never had no one ever", "Sunbathers".... Come on! if that's not a great setlist then I don't know what is.

Morrissey always plays whatever the *** he wants to play. Yeah, many would like a 'greatest hits' setlist but that is never going to happen and I'm glad it won't. I prefer to be surprised, otherwise we'd never have heard songs like Jack the Ripper live.

It sounded amazing too. Looking forward to the rest of the nights. Hopefully a few more surprises and changes here and there and maybe "There is a light", "Suedehead"....

I wish I was there, to be honest, he could have played 20 covers in a row and I'd still enjoy it.

Not the barnstorming set list I’d hoped for. And certainly not a gig I’d want to be paying several hundred dollars for (which is what tickets near the front cost, I think).
I think the days of a moz concert being barnstorming are well and truly over....

As usual the gets off to a slow start
And from what I’ve seen (only a few snippets) it doesn’t pick up...

As for the set list I think it’s improved from Leeds ECT..

Paris rears it’s ugly mug again I see🆘
And chain gang...
Other than then two I would have been quite happy with the set list..

I had high hopes that he'd roll out something really interesting for this residency, but I knew it would be something like this.

Not saying there weren't a few interesting additions/debuts (mostly slower ones though - strange?), but why he clings so tightly to rather dull catalog songs like Paris, Ouija, Seasick, Jacky and continues with the covers that no one wants to hear is beyond me.

Any he still can't get a decent-fitting pair of jeans.

As sated earlier by someone, at least the mid-set Trio of Boredom that was Munich/If You Don't Like Me/WPINOYB are gone... for now.

Last edited:
I had high hopes that he'd roll out something really interesting for this residency, but I knew it would be something like this.

Not saying there weren't a few interesting additions/debuts (mostly slower ones though - strange?), but why he clings so tightly to rather dull catalog songs like Paris, Ouija, Seasick, Jacky and continues with the covers that no one wants to hear is beyond me.

As sated earlier by someone, at least the mid-set Trio of Boredom that was Munich/If You Don't Like Me/WPINPYP are gone... for now.

"Seasick, yet still docked" a dull track????? You gotta be kidding, man!

Agreed about the jeans, though. :LOL:

What is the problem with that song? it is an absolutely brilliant and fantastic track
Agreed. But it has been played at 75% of live shows since 2007. Enough already.

I thought he could have tried & been a little clever/cute by subtly changing the title to I'm Throwing My Arms Around Vegas, at least for the opening night...a crowd winning move, surely?

"Seasick, yet still docked" a dull track????? You gotta be kidding, man!

Agreed about the jeans, though. :LOL:
I'll admit that I lean more towards the rockers.

The set-list isn't bad - it just highlights that he has a deep reservoir of songs and you just can't please everyone. And anyway, you should know that the songs are picked because that's what Morrissey wants to sing on the night and not chosen by some fan vote.

Lovely to see him in great spirits, and seeing Alain behind him again is nothing short of a good feeling. He looked very happy to be there.

Great crowd, they were really energised even if the songs didn't always keep that energy going.

As always a big thank you to all those that filmed the experience. My my, baby. He's back!
We all loved Morrissey singing whatever he wanted and doing what he wanted, in 1999, because it was absolutely risk-free.

In 2021, it isn’t without challenges and the idea of Morrissey doing exactly as a he pleases means some of us are thinking twice before handing over the (now quite significant) cash for a couple of gigs. If he’s now shameless enough to charge $150 for a signed single, then dropping dirge like Paris from the set, and slotting in Playboys (for instance) is hardly a compromise too far. Surely?

There is something to be said for leaving audiences absolutely thrilled, and feeling like they’ve got a bang for their buck. Especially when you’re looking for an inevitability compromising record deal.

And for him to stop being a right wing apologist
Yeah, because in art, it's the artist's personal views that matter, not the work they make. That'll be why Wagner's operas are never staged any more, why The Who never tour, and why Andrew Lloyd-Webber's musicals never attract any audiences. Oh, wait...

Of course it can't matter to you that much either or you wouldn't live here.

So it is pretty much sewn up that Alain is more of the rhythm/second guitarist in Boz's absence, especially in the live setting?

So it is pretty much sewn up that Alain is more of the rhythm/second guitarist in Boz's absence, especially in the live setting?
How have you come to that conclusion?

I have only seen the first half but I think duties looked shared to me.

A rough & ready quickie knockup.
Didn't see these on sale in any of the merch JPEGs. Cheeky.

Steve Cochran Vegas+.png

Lazy Sunbathers was played on the early Boxers tour dates (in Scotland).
Played at the Glasgow soundcheck (possibly).
Of the 3 Scottish gigs that tour - never played to an audience nor documented as played anywhere else.
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom