Las Vegas, NV - The Joint (Jan. 2, 2016) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Speedway / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Action Is My Middle Name / Kiss Me A Lot / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Ganglord / You'll Be Gone / Reader Meet Author / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Oboe Concerto / Jack The Ripper / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / All The Lazy Dykes / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / What She Said / Meat Is Murder / You Have Killed Me / Let Me Kiss You / The Queen Is Dead // Suedehead

setlist provided by FDR.

• Review: This charming man — Morrissey gives (most) fans what they want at the Joint by Don Chareunsy, photos by Mikayla Whitmore (15 total) - Las Vegas Sun

lasvegas2.jpg
  • MORRISSEY RETURNS TO LAS VEGAS WITH AN INSPIRED PERFORMANCE by Mike Prevatt (4 / 5 stars) - Las Vegas Weekly
  • Hip Hip, Hooray for Morrissey! by Ian Caramanzana (4 / 5 stars), photos by Krystal Ramirez (10 total) - Vegas Seven
  • Photo posted by an anonymous person:

lasvegas.jpg
  • CrowdAlbum:

Last edited:
I take it that chill pills were not on your christmas list? There is clearly a reason why record companies are giving him a wide berth, personally I think its either because he keeps coming out with stupid crap or his demands are outside what the expectation is for an artist in 2016. Why do you think he can't get a deal?

Elswhere people are talking about the show, something this thread should do.

I was at the show last night-
Morrissey's voice was great- not a note off.
Good mood.
Happy.

Downside- played a bunch of obscure new junk. Around me I heard just as many disapointed people screaming 'switch the pla
ylist', play the smiths, play morrissey!
His sing along stuff is the best and why old fans like me are there!
I will never pay to see him rant and bitch his politics and not even do a hit.
Pathetic and I will just keep listening to the best of-
Don't hate on me- Its my opinion only and it was pretty much a crap show. All 6 of us and the hordes around us agreed.

'The quality of his output' ? Compared to what/who? If it's the genre of the music he makes that the company feels it can't sell,meaning that it's not pop pap &hip hop. Then I can see what you're saying there.

'He could self release. He could take any number of routes to get his art out there and turn a profit, but he isn't willing to put any of his own money into it. '

He could,he could,he could... he must have his reasons,which is too bad that he won't or has yet leaned towards that route. And yes, It seems he doesn't want to put his own money into it. Does this mean he's cheap? That would be too easy of an explanation, So I don't know why he wouldn't use his own money.

'Which in itself, is incredibly telling' ? Well, tell us? how so and why?

That was a whole lot of whole lot, K.

Compared to what/who? Himself. No one else.

Compare "Kiss me a lot kiss me a lot, kiss me all over my face" and "Hooray hooray the bullfighter dies and nobody cry-ay-ay-ay-hies"
to anything from Quarry- realistically his last big selling album, or anything before it. Not to mention the utter musical laziness that was Years of Refusal.
Sure, he dinked around with world music themes on the latest, but with incredibly lackluster results.

As for using his own money- He has to wonder deep down- Was it the record companies? Or was it the records?
But here is a man who would never, ever, ever, in a million years admit- "Yeah, that one was a bit shit, wasn't it?"

And that is why it speaks volumes that he won't invest in himself. It's far too big of a gamble for him, and could be the reality check that his yes men and paid employees would prefer him never to receive.

'new order'? old fodder ..more like it.

I am a Morrissey fan since 1987, was obsessed in the 90s, and i never really "got" New Order, apart from the obvious hits and singles. Still, "Music Complete" pisses all over World Peace, it is a great album.

'chill pills ' ? whatever.

' There is clearly a reason why record companies..' Really? 'clearly' what? 'reason'? what clear reason is that?

'personally I think its either because he keeps coming out with stupid crap or his demands are outside what the expectation is for an artist in 2016. Why do you think he can't get a deal?'

As I already stated in my post you hastily replied to... likely it's the companies fault for not seeing that the music can be sold to the public,even if the music will go over the public's heads. Or the companies think that even if they give the public a choice between 'pop' and depth/art the public will not be able to appreciate M and not buy it. I mean there are lots of reasons why people make the music buying decisions that they do, a major one being that M might not support their identity and belief systems.

Is it because of his terms and demands? I'm not not defending what he asks of the companies(nor do I know what he asks),but its seems the companies would prefer to sign/work with someone(a no one) who doesn't ask, demand things or simply doesn't know better.

I don't think the companies generally care what 'crap' he says.. As the saying goes...'there's no such thing as bad publicity'.

'new order'? old fodder ..more like it.

'point is - it can be done if he plays his cards right' ? cards right? Mean if he makes crap 'music' the likes of which is being made by most so called 'artists' ? Safe music.

New Order - old fodder? My god you really are a blinkered cretin. Morrissey would give his right testicle to have the success they are having right now. World wide record deal with Mute, Number 2 album in UK, top 5 album of 15 in Q magazine, top 3 album of 15 in Mojo magazine and last but not least every night of their tour completely sold out including 2 nights at Brixton Academy, oh and they popped over to Houston in December, where they stole the show at the Day for Night festival - read the review - http://www.houstonpress.com/music/n...-houston-absence-at-day-for-night-set-8012606

What did Morrissey achieve in 15? Personally I attended 2 of his gigs - Birmingham and the 2nd London night and I thoroughly enjoyed myself bit I fear its nostalgia nights only from now until the end.

Last edited:
Here is an mp3 of Morrissey talking at the show last night after The Bullfighter Dies and before The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores taken from a persicope video.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/m3wacp

Talking about the tour, and no record label interest because "the days of free speech are well and truly over"

New Order - old fodder? My god you really are a blinkered cretin. Morrissey would give his right testicle to have the success they are having right now.

I have it from a very good source that EMI offered him that deal, and he turned them down.

Here is an mp3 of Morrissey talking at the show last night after The Bullfighter Dies and before The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores taken from a persicope video.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/m3wacp

Talking about the tour, and no record label interest because "the days of free speech are well and truly over"

Free rides, more like it. He could release an album called "Kill the President and Worship Satan" with his own money, and he wouldn't be thrown into jail, or a camp. He's just playing the martyr yet again. (and again ad infinitum) He should put his money where his mouth is, and self release.
Then he might be spurred to actually put effort into it. Nobody wants to deal with him because he's a pain in the ass and spends his days with his foot in his mouth. Thank god for pleather, otherwise he'd no longer be vegetarian.

I was at the show last night-
Morrissey's voice was great- not a note off.
Good mood.
Happy.

Downside- played a bunch of obscure new junk. Around me I heard just as many disapointed people screaming 'switch the pla
ylist', play the smiths, play morrissey!
His sing along stuff is the best and why old fans like me are there!
I will never pay to see him rant and bitch his politics and not even do a hit.
Pathetic and I will just keep listening to the best of-
Don't hate on me- Its my opinion only and it was pretty much a crap show. All 6 of us and the hordes around us agreed.

You're 'avin a laugh. "Play the hits".....do me a favour! What are ya, 10!

New Order - old fodder? My god you really are a blinkered cretin. Morrissey would give his right testicle to have the success they are having right now. World wide record deal with Mute, Number 2 album in UK, top 5 album of 15 in Q magazine, top 3 album of 15 in Mojo magazine and last but not least every night of their tour completely sold out including 2 nights at Brixton Academy, oh and they popped over to Houston in December, where they stole the show at the Day for Night festival - read the review - http://www.houstonpress.com/music/n...-houston-absence-at-day-for-night-set-8012606

What did Morrissey achieve in 15? Personally I attended 2 of his gigs - Birmingham and the 2nd London night and I thoroughly enjoyed myself bit I fear its nostalgia nights only from now until the end.

Dear me how people forget. Last year New Order (July to be precise, Chicago) were playing a set list that looked like this....Elegia, Crystal, Transmission, Singularity, Ceremony, Age of Consent, Your Silent Face, Cali Grass, Bizarre Love Triangle, Plastic, True Faith, Perfect Kiss, Blue Monday, Temptation, Atmosphere, Love Will Tear Us Apart.

Talk about bloody nostalgia would ya'. With the exception of Plastic/Cali Grass/Singularity the rest of the stuff is at least 10 years + old. And you're having a pop at Morrissey. You're 'avin a laugh!

"I reckon" it's because 90% of the people on this board do not live in California or Vegas and that's why there are not many reviews of the show because they weren't at the show! They just are sitting in Azabastain, England, Flint, Michigan, or the Air agon Ballroom and just bitching and complaining because they have nothing better to do and Morrissey told them he will never play in their countries or city again. Get a life anonymous c***s. It's just been 4 months since I saw him in LA and Vegas now, so nothing changes, except now he has all these objects that resemble dildos jangling from his belt and one new back drop. Anonymous-

Thank you - gorgeous photos. Lovely green blue shirt. Looks like he signed a LP and got a Mexican flag and a stuffed animal. Curious if there were any stage invasions? In vegas or in LA?

It is interesting that the comments on this site are much more negative about Morrissey's recent albums than the music press have been.

It makes me smile that nowadays there seems to be plenty of nostalgia for the likes of Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted when, at the time of release, these were the albums that almost killed Morrissey's career stone dead.

I attended the show last night, and really enjoyed it. The last time I had seen him live was in London in 1992. I will admit that I was not as familiar with the newer stuff, but enjoyed it nonetheless. :)

"I reckon" it's because 90% of the people on this board do not live in California or Vegas and that's why there are not many reviews of the show because they weren't at the show! They just are sitting in Azabastain, England, Flint, Michigan, or the Air agon Ballroom and just bitching and complaining because they have nothing better to do and Morrissey told them he will never play in their countries or city again. Get a life anonymous c***s. It's just been 4 months since I saw him in LA and Vegas now, so nothing changes, except now he has all these objects that resemble dildos jangling from his belt and one new back drop. Anonymous-

You are one spoiled brat. To me he is someone whose music I not only love, but need. I need to listen to him every day. He has been on my bucket list for a while and finally was able to get to LA to see him for the first time. Now I am on my way home to the frozen land of Canada, and back to the hamster-wheel life of a regular person. Oh, and the blues are already setting in. There are people out there that truly love him. I have a great appreciation for his music, his life choices and find him extremely funny and entertaining. I would feel really sad if he decided to retire. So, AztecCamera, consider yourself a lucky son-of-a-bitch.

I was robbed of a shirt toss for Let Me Kiss You. . Why didn't he take his shirt off and toss it?? Partial nudity the people were expecting Mozza.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom