Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
Half the standing area available and less than half of seating available does not equate to 75% doh. Maybe your mate needs to do GCSE maths. Don’t change the truth or sugarcoat reality. You can tell yourself all you like. I was there, it was 60% full at best. And that is the god honest truth.
“Half the standing area available”??? Where do you get that bullshit from? The space behing the black curtains is where they store the removeable seating , when the floor is “standing only”.
Were you even there???

The areas covered by black curtains are actually where they store the removeable seating when the ground floor is used as “standing only”.
Obviously Morrissey haters/ trolls will deny this

Yes, the ones at the back of the standing area
are exactly that but not the covers on the 2nd tier and the curtains on the top tier.

“Half the standing area available”??? Where do you get that bullshit from? The space behing the black curtains is where they store the removeable seating , when the floor is “standing only”.
Were you even there???
sorry meant “behind”

Working hard on weaponising your need for "victimhood"? If you were truly working-class you'd have have more pride than that....which you don't. My mind works perfectly finem, thanks. Some need to get out more and engage with the real world. It can never be said too often. Just saying. :blushing:
Are you going to simply brush this aside, as it disturbs you thought train. How many more warnings from history do you want?

Curious that your test of being ‘truly working class’ is a simple bullish pride in our lot. Guess what, many of us can read now and travel globally, and we might take pride in that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Were you even there???
The stage was pulled forward, you can clearly see that from the pictures earlier in the thread which show how the standing areas normally look and how they looked for last nights gig.

She rarely sees Annon posts anymore. I would guess she does see them when a registered user quotes and replies and on that basis - as she has just done - she indirectly replies to an Anonymous user: her mind providing all the illumination of a spent match.

She blocks anonymous users but indirectly replies to them. There's a palpable disconnect there.
Yes. It shows. I'm reliably informed that more than a few of her more "way out (offensive)" posts by her previous have been shared on FB as screenshots. How her heart must swell with pride at the thought

Yes, the ones at the back of the standing area
are exactly that but not the covers on the 2nd tier and the curtains on the top tier.
A lot of people won’t buy tickets on top tiers/ right at the back anyway, no matter who the artist is. Personally i would rather stay at home than be in a crap seat like that. I’m sure any artist would struggle to sell them

The stage was pulled forward, you can clearly see that from the pictures earlier in the thread which show how the standing areas normally look and how they looked for last nights gig.

:crazy: ^^^ Obsessive loon right here ^^^ :crazy:

A man who counts seats has time on his hands.

Nutjobs left right and center

If you hate Morrissey so much, (as you clearly do by finding any fault you can at the venue), then why do you pay to watch him? (If you have ever watched him)
Why would they pull the stage forward to decrease the standing area to make it look full? Thats just bullshit.

3/5⭐s
James Hall - The Telegraph

Morrissey, Leeds Arena, review: a peculiar night with the king of bedroom melodrama

Regards,
FWD.

I coudd only get down to this last bit:

And after the band imploded in 1987, the Mancunian retained his status as the eloquent bard of the dispossessed. Love him or hate him, the 60-year-old is a towering figure in British music...

A good review.

He wants more hits & more fans in the venue (a good article BEFORE it might have been a help ?) & he wrongly states that Morrissey supported The English Defence League (is basic research really that hard? All Moz complained about was Tommy Robinson getting arrested for 'reporting' on a grooming gang trial. America has no reporting restrictions on trials so that's why it became a big talking point on the internet. That & Russian bots. ?)

But - still - it's a good review!

(You'll have to register to read it or someone can get a share token or scan it.)

I’m sorry but if you go to a gig and a few empty nosebleed seats right at the back are more important to you than the actual artists performance, then you’re not really a fan, are you?

A lot of people won’t buy tickets on top tiers/ right at the back anyway, no matter who the artist is. Personally i would rather stay at home than be in a crap seat like that. I’m sure any artist would struggle to sell them
The why has he sold them before?

If you hate Morrissey so much, (as you clearly do by finding any fault you can at the venue), then why do you pay to watch him? (If you have ever watched him)
Why would they pull the stage forward to decrease the standing area to make it look full? Thats just bullshit.

I don't hate him and have seen him many times over the years, along with the Smiths 3 times, I just don't like the bullshitting person he has turned out to be.

A good review.

He wants more hits & more fans in the venue (a good article BEFORE it might have been a help ?) & he wrongly states that Morrissey supported The English Defence League (is basic research really that hard? All Moz complained about was Tommy Robinson getting arrested for 'reporting' on a grooming gang trial. America has no reporting restrictions on trials so that's why it became a big talking point on the internet. That & Russian bots. ?)

But - still - it's a good review!

More fans in the venue. Where were you?

Morrissey: “It’s very obvious that Labour or the Tories do not believe in free speech … I mean, look at the shocking treatment of Tommy Robinson.” No mention at all of 'grooming trials'. "Is basic research really that hard?"

As Robinson was the leader of EDL there is an argument that by supporting Robinson, Morrissey was also supporting the EDL and it's views given that it's view and Robinsons are one and the same.

Back
Top Bottom