Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
A good review.

He wants more hits & more fans in the venue (a good article BEFORE it might have been a help ?) & he wrongly states that Morrissey supported The English Defence League (is basic research really that hard? All Moz complained about was Tommy Robinson getting arrested for 'reporting' on a grooming gang trial. America has no reporting restrictions on trials so that's why it became a big talking point on the internet. That & Russian bots. ?)

But - still - it's a good review!

(You'll have to register to read it or someone can get a share token or scan it.)

Arrrgh: frustrating.

I don't hate him and have seen him many times over the years, along with the Smiths 3 times, I just don't like the bullshitting person he has turned out to be.
Look! Some of these people have seen Morrissey once, in Leeds, last night. Other have never seen him, ever. Some couldn't even be bothered to travel to see him in Leeds. These are the 'true' Morrissey fan. OK! Not someone like you who has followed The Smiths and Morrissey for years but people who spend most of their time writing about an artist they know very little about. I wonder how many of the new fans even have his records/downloads - and have paid for them?

You can tell who the bitter ones are on here, the ones that couldn’t make it to leeds, as they’re the ones moaning about empty seats etc. If it was so empty, why didn’t they buy a ticket and turn up like we did, for a thorougly enjoyable night? Maybe they’re holding onto their money until one direction reform?

I don't hate him...

Well that's certainly not the impression you're leaving on here, is it?
Your posts are so critical and unpleasant, they reek of hate. And stop talking about 2018, curtains, percentages, and upper tiers ..the only tears are from the eyes of trolls in their abject failure to derail a Moz gig.
Get a grip.

What I find odd is that people who weren’t there say it was great and the majority of members who went say it wasn’t and fair play to Carlisle Baz for his honest appraisal, that was exactly how I felt after the Birmingham gig in 2018.

Yes I too thought Birmingham was dull. But I was sitting, sober and the arena is far too big. I did enjoy Brighton (smaller venue) and London Palladium (one of the best gigs I've been to) far more.

So hopefully Morrissey may get the message and try to so smaller venues in the UK in future.

Last time I recall him playing so many new songs prior to a studio album release was Years of Refusal.

Are you going to simply brush this aside, as it disturbs you thought train. How many more warnings from history do you want?
No. I don't share your paranoia. I get on with it regardless. You don't disturb me. Your posts are the culmination of far too much time wasted from watching 'Infowars' and other assorted tosh. Your need to scapegoat is very much your comfort blanket for you to cling to in the absence of nothing else. The working classes - whatever our ethnicity and origins - are considerably far more resilient and adaptable than you clearly imagine us to be. Carry on looking over your shoulder, I see that fantasised "victimhood" is very much your style. What a pity. You're all you make yourself to be. Stay in your own hate, if that's all you have to soothe you. Or better still, play your old Cornershop singles. This may earn you the scorn of your edgelord (and lady) friends, but hey - that's life....isn't it? :blushing:

Yes I too thought Birmingham was dull. But I was sitting, sober and the arena is far too big. I did enjoy Brighton (smaller venue) and London Palladium (one of the best gigs I've been to) far more.

So hopefully Morrissey may get the message and try to so smaller venues in the UK in future.

Last time I recall him playing so many new songs prior to a studio album release was Years of Refusal.
Imho morrissey should either play more intimate venues, or play a lot more “crowd pleasers”. He can’t have his cake and eat it...

I don't hate him and have seen him many times over the years, along with the Smiths 3 times, I just don't like the bullshitting person he has turned out to be.
Why is he a bullshitting person? He Is honest and speaks his mind, often offending people who are in denial of the inconvenient truth

If you hate Morrissey so much, (as you clearly do by finding any fault you can at the venue), then why do you pay to watch him? (If you have ever watched him)
Why would they pull the stage forward to decrease the standing area to make it look full? Thats just bullshit.

Here you go, normal stage position at Leeds and last nights posted by someone who was there.
8C0AD9C3-9D0B-4343-BA7F-A425F8418CB2.jpeg
DC672D3E-BF93-4004-BD19-BCA3E09DEF7F.jpeg

I was there and thought it was great. I haven’t been overly impressed with Morrissey gigs over the last few tours but I loved this gig. To be honest I don’t want to hear tons of Smiths songs but the three selected were good choices. I don’t want to hear Suedehead, Sunday or Playboys for the 100th time. I liked the setlist and the covers and thought his voice was great. It was a very strong 8/10 gig for me.

Why is he a bullshitting person? He Is honest and speaks his mind, often offending people who are in denial of the inconvenient truth

Really - are you aware of the lies he's told over the last few years and the bullshit stories he posts on Morrissey central?

Just the 50 thousand thread views ... for a ‘has been’!

Really - are you aware of the lies he's told over the last few years and the bullshit stories he posts on Morrissey central?
What “lies” are these? You clearly don’t like him, so apart from being a troll, why do you come on this site?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom