Leeds - First Direct Arena (Mar. 6, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Wish You Lonely / The Boy With The Thorn In His Side / Jim Jim Falls / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Once I Saw The River Clean / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Home Is A Question Mark / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Half A Person / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist courtesy of Anon & Setlist.fm

Last edited:
a little surprising to see neither How Soon is Now, Suedehead, nor Everyday is Like Sunday were played. I can't think of a show in recent history which had none of these.

I'll try to refrain from getting into the attendance numbers argument, but we should also take into account that some people who otherwise would attend aren't going to shows because of fear of coronavirus.

no stage invasion attempts?

some times i can connect to jesse's mind but i really hate it when he's doing that cum face
If you don't like me don't look at me! . I love Jesee he is a great guitarrist. And you suck!

Great gig,great aftershow. A big f*** Off to all the begrudgers. I am glad I was there. Is envy making you cry?

If Helen Steel is banned, they will be banning oxygen from there meetings next. This sounds like a movement selling cultural and intellectual death. The working classes are actually on their menu.

The 1st incident is one of the most awful things I've ever seen. All she wanted was to talk/understand/compromise & they physically attacked her & screamed in her face that she was killing people & making them unsafe.

A really nasty core (almost all middle-class) will always find something that a person has said that makes them problematic & means they have to be drummed out of the left.

I have no idea how we stop it. It is like a death spiral.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going back to your @reelfountain days, when you strutted about like a pigeon on a chessboard? And who are you to tell others to register, eh? Freedom of speech and expression cuts both ways. You're here under a pseudonym yourself. What a hypocrite you reveal yourself to be when you comment upon their status. Woeful.

She rarely sees Annon posts anymore. I would guess she does see them when a registered user quotes and replies and on that basis - as she has just done - she indirectly replies to an Anonymous user: her mind providing all the illumination of a spent match.

She blocks anonymous users but indirectly replies to them. There's a palpable disconnect there.

I’ll tell you what matters. Morrissey could previously fill that place out, with every standing ticket whipped up instantly. And that as in the midst of a multi legged UK tour. Now he can’t even half fill it on a Friday night when it’s one of only 2 gigs in the entire UK. Thats tangible proof that his once hardcore fan base here have turned their backs on him.

Whatever brave face Morrissey puts on this. However he frames it (blaming the media, hiding behind his phoney notion that his free speech is being challenged) this will hurt him.
I like the way bitter haters on here try to convince the rest of us that they’re actual fans

How can that be when there are loads of areas covered with black curtains, someone else is posting pictures from there?
The areas covered by black curtains are actually where they store the removeable seating when the ground floor is used as “standing only”.
Obviously Morrissey haters/ trolls will deny this

Would love to hear one single valid reason Morrissey might be "far forward"

Because he is, ok. I think it, ok. Say the dullards.
So far forward he's stuck at the back of the closet.

sorry guys, but reading this thread is like watching a neverending reaction video on youtube, only that reaction videos are a lot more informative and interesting.

@Famous when dead
is it possible to create a new thread with only the concert information, pictures and videos, and delete all the irrelevant opinionated stuff? would save us a lot of time and make it easier for future generations to find things.

@ Morrissey
thank you for a great concert, guys! you all sound and look handsome, healthy and crispy. see you in germany.

i have to visit youtube and other websites now to find concert-related footage...
I second that notion, way to go lanterns, its totally off topic. but I think(haters) they do it on purpose
to distract from the show.... nothing better to do

I think its hilarious that gay men posting on here are convinced Morrissey is gay, yet nobody else really gives a f*** about his sexuality...

I'm interested to know what badges he was wearing in Leeds. From photos it looks like the second one down was a Lou Reed one? Any others identified?

Because he knew the left & right were collapsing into each other before anyone in the arts was prepared to admit it out loud.

Labour got crushed in the election & forms of nationalism are strong in Scotland, Ireland, England & Wales.

& he's been writing about unstable identities/boundaries for his entire career & we're now in an era of identity politics & boundary confusion.

I'm interested to know what badges he was wearing in Leeds. From photos it looks like the second one down was a Lou Reed one? Any others identified?

The bottom one is a dog or teddy bear or some cute animal.

I can't read the writing on the top one. Someone will need to zoom in on something better than my phone.

I think this is an example of what you call ‘gaslighting’, a tactic popular with those who exhibit Narcissistic Personality Disorder. Theres the truth (ask anyone at the gig) then this garbage spread by ‘Registered’ contributors who joined the forum yesterday. Moron.
Agreed. What does any of this has to do with some disorder. Hilarious. Oh well. Let him be.

If this is a genuine post then I am genuinely sorry that this has been your experience.

In 2011 I had a similar awakening and I too felt heartbroken by what I described as Morrisey-by-numbers. I felt the fans at the gig, myself included, had been taken for granted as the tired, uninspired setlist echoed through my head once again. The experience is a subjective one, I'm sure others will have enjoyed the gig I was at and the gig last night but ... Morrissey cannot afford to lose fans. I did think, given the current situation, he'd play more big hitters but I'm not surprised he didn't.
His awkwardness is his own enemy, plus the fact that his backing band are limited to what they can play, due to them not being the best musicians around...

Vegetarianism? Now extremely ‘cool’....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom