Lets all laugh at Simon Cowell

I don't follow the charts but this is funny...especially after Cheryl "dickhead" Cole's quote this week - "If that song, or should I say, campaign, by an American group is our Christmas number one then I'll be gutted for him and our charts."

Hahahaha! I heard this on Radio 1 and though I'm not an RATM fan I was pleased :p.

Let's hope there's a similar campaign every time one of these awful 'acts' wins one of these awful 'talent' shows.

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fkuOAY-S6OY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fkuOAY-S6OY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Here's the actual RATM song. Augs would be so proud. :rolleyes:

It is good news, chart wise, but laughing at Cowell?
I'm sure he is really really gutted, sitting in his million pound house / mansion shagging which ever women he is shagging tonight.
He's probably laughing back at you right this minute, knowing he doesn't have to get up to go to work in the morning. How many of us can say that (well, I can as I am on holiday:lbf:)

Jukebox Jury

RATM;

'f*** you, I won't do what you tell me (buy our record!)
f*** you, I won't do what you tell me (buy our record!)
f*** you, I won't do what you tell me (buy our record!)'

The public;

'Okay!'

It is good news, chart wise, but laughing at Cowell?
I'm sure he is really really gutted, sitting in his million pound house / mansion shagging which ever women he is shagging tonight.
He's probably laughing back at you right this minute, knowing he doesn't have to get up to go to work in the morning. How many of us can say that (well, I can as I am on holiday:lbf:)

Jukebox Jury

I'm laughing at his mad rant about it, I am well aware of his millions.
You are on holiday? Have you morphed into Robby? Get off the pc and enjoy yourself!

I'm laughing at his mad rant about it, I am well aware of his millions.
You are on holiday? Have you morphed into Robby? Get off the pc and enjoy yourself!

It's a working holiday:thumb:, churning out another book:cool: my target is set on 20 pages a day and it will be completed. I come here every 2 hours or so just to give the brain a break:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

RATM;

The public;

'Okay!'

For the record, pun intended, Rage had nothing to do with this whole plan. It just so happened that the people who decided to go public with this plan, picked Rage's song. This was not the band's idea, nor was it their action. It was the idea of those people that put the facebook page up.

The band is donating the money to charity anyway, which I doubt can be said for these x factor people if they were to win it again.

Best get cha' facts straight son.

Did anyone see the Top Gear episode where they interviewed the mp in charge of roadside speed cameras.Clarkson had to concede that the cameras weren't there just for the revenue they produced, 64 million pounds, as this figure was less than Simon Cowell had paid in income tax the year before. The majority of us cannot comprehend these figures.Who's a twat? and who's laughing?

RATM;

The public;

'Okay!'

they've given their money to charity :straightface:

so i doubt this really changes them

Rat M benefits from this regardless of the 2 cents per download (if their digital deal is typical) that goes to charity. They may not have thought of the plan, but they promoted it and they got a lot of publicity. The world now knows that they have reformed and are available for weddings and bar mitzvahs.

I'm not against them for taking advantage of this, but they are corporate whores the same as Britney and everyone else that has ever appeared on TRL or Top of the Pops. To imagine that they are some sort of political entity is ridiculous. The singer wears his Che Guevara shirt for the exact reason that Kiss wears make-up and platform boots. It's a gimmick.

Rat M benefits from this regardless of the 2 cents per download (if their digital deal is typical) that goes to charity. They may not have thought of the plan, but they promoted it and they got a lot of publicity. The world now knows that they have reformed and are available for weddings and bar mitzvahs.

I'm not against them for taking advantage of this, but they are corporate whores the same as Britney and everyone else that has ever appeared on TRL or Top of the Pops. To imagine that they are some sort of political entity is ridiculous. The singer wears his Che Guevara shirt for the exact reason that Kiss wears make-up and platform boots. It's a gimmick.

I'm not arsed who went to number one....could have been anyone for me. I was annoyed at the presumptious attitudes of Cheryl Cole and Cowell that the winner of x factor is entitled to christmas number one. When I was little christmas number one was a big deal and there were always a few different songs in the running.

Back
Top Bottom