Lil Yachty wears Morrissey shirt in his new music video "Pardon Me"

Tim writes:

rapper Lil Yachty wears a Morrissey shirt with vertical text. Image in video is pixelated. also posted on Instagram:

full

full

UPDATE Aug. 15:

MORRISSEY'S SYNDICATE IS STILL READY TO SQUARE OFF TO THE TIZZY-WIZZY PEARL-CLUTCHERS

Related item:

Last edited:
So I was right then, Reggie Kray did know Moz.

:cool:
Mentioned (as a Reggie quote) in Dineage's Our Story as:
"There was even a hit single about us, The Last Of The Famous International Playboys, in 1989. I liked the tune, but I thought the lyrics in their entirety were lacking a little. They came quite close..."
Quoted in many books about them and published, too, in Select.
Then regurgitated by Goddard.
Regards,
FWD.

Mentioned (as a Reggie quote) in Dineage's Our Story as:
"There was even a hit single about us, The Last Of The Famous International Playboys, in 1989. I liked the tune, but I thought the lyrics in their entirety were lacking a little. They came quite close..."
Quoted in many books about them and published, too, in Select.
Then regurgitated by Goddard.
Regards,
FWD.
Thanks, that will have been what I read via Select.

Well, he was a criminal. Here's his mugshot:
220px-Lil_Yachty_Mugshot.jpg

He's still quite a quiet, articulate, and reasonably intelligent person. I can understand why he's a Moz fan.
He puts out garbage. ...just like Melvis. Not surprised the rubes around here are touting his intelligence and talent. All it takes is a t-shirt.

Nah. Gary (Charlie’s 3rd son) said, in a 1991 interview with BWN - “Reg can’t be bothered. ...but Ronnie loathes the idea that someone could capitalize on the family name, whilst offering up nothing to the family, in return. It’s rape, of a kind. Unforgivable. It makes him cringe. He’d break out and cut his throat, if he had a half a chance”.
Christ. I’m guessing Gary Kemp bunged them a few quid then.

Agreed. Like every poseur wearing a Ramones or Misfits shirt. But we have to be sensitive in this case because he’s African American.

Don't be daft - we're happy to see that fans are still wearing his t-shirts at a time when he's been demonized.

And rap is everywhere so I find it weird that anyone would be mad about it.

We have to remember that the whole point of pop music is that it pushes the boundaries of acceptability with each generetion and sounds like trash to those who came before. Imagine how people in their 30s and 40s in the '70s would have responded to punk if social media existed back then? I'm sure it wouldn't have been very different to the responses we're seeing here.

888.jpg

We have to remember that the whole point of pop music is that it pushes the boundaries of acceptability with each generetion and sounds like trash to those who came before. Imagine how people in their 30s and 40s in the '70s would have responded to punk if social media existed back then? I'm sure it wouldn't have been very different to the responses we're seeing here.

View attachment 58350
Yeah, but Joe Dolce was actually cool, whereas Yachtboi isn't - he just thinks he is.
The only cool thing about Yachtboi is the Moz t-shirt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, but Joe Dolce was actually cool, whereas Yachtboi isn't - he just thinks he is.
The only cool thing about Yachtboi is the Moz t-shirt.

My first single bought, and what little credibility I have, has now surely been consigned to the ashbox ....

Might be interesting to note that Alain Whyte is credited as a writer on his 2017 track Bring It Back

Thanks for that :thumb: wasn’t sure if he actually listened to Moz. But folks ...

there you go.

I relish Morrissey because his subversive artistry and non-conformist
worldview, resonates with my perspective and offers perspicacity against
the societal structures that subjugate my existence."
- Lil Yachty (Vibe Magazine 2019)

See above. :cool:

"People react astonished and considerably incredulous, when I
inform them that I graduated Magna Cum Laude from Princeton.
There have been ample instances where I have been advised
that my venture into Rap music is a maladministered appropriation
of my talents. I have simply responded on said occasions with the
curt retort of 'pardon me'."
- Lil Yatchey (The Economist 2020)

"People react astonished and considerably incredulous, when I
inform them that I graduated Magna Cum Laude from Princeton.
There have been ample instances where I have been advised
that my venture into Rap music is a maladministered appropriation
of my talents. I have simply responded on said occasions with the
curt retort of 'pardon me'."
- Lil Yatchey (The Economist 2020)
You’re confusing him with Chris Eubank.

Blimey. He was quick out of the traps.

Yep. He also writes for The Guardian & The Independent. 🙄

And hilariously won a defamation case against a politician & said this:

20200813_203049.jpg

Literally his only basis for linking Nick to 'the great replacement' is Nick's background & cancel culture is all about denigrating people & accusing them of heinous crimes.

Yep. He also writes for The Guardian & The Independent. 🙄

And hilariously won a defamation case against a politician & said this:

View attachment 58373

Literally his only basis for linking Nick to 'the great replacement' is Nick's background & cancel culture is all about denigrating people & accusing them of heinous crimes.
Cave needs to take this thing a little further and do a Morrissey here.

Here are the uncomfortable facts:

Diversity is your strength - unless you're white.

If you're white it means you are not allowed to express a dissenting opinion (without being maliciously branded a racist, white supremacist, neo-Nazi etc) and you will soon be a second-class minority in your own land.

If you're white it means you are not allowed to express a dissenting opinion (without being maliciously branded a racist, white supremacist, neo-Nazi etc) and you will soon be a second-class minority in your own land.
Cave and Morrissey need to assimilate.

I knew you would comment on this.

Morrissey has not agreed with you.

Your racist analysis is wrong.

Nick has got it right.

This is about people twisting morality to get attention.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom