Linder in Glasgow

I've got tickets for this (only £6) - i thought it was just an exhibition to which you purchased an all day pass? I could be wrong though (nothing new in that!!:lbf::lbf:)

Whew, that's a relief.....I thought my 'Unreserved No.1' ticket might be the only one sold! At least someone will be there, other than me and my good friend Christine Cowshed ;)
It seems to be a 'day pass' so I assume you can come and go as you please, but I must admit that I do like the notion of hardcoreing it and shooting for 11 am til midnight! :cool:

Please someone get a drag queen Christine Cowshed to go over there and hurl abuse at Linder? I'll contribute Twenty English Poinds.

Whew, that's a relief.....I thought my 'Unreserved No.1' ticket might be the only one sold! At least someone will be there, other than me and my good friend Christine Cowshed ;)
It seems to be a 'day pass' so I assume you can come and go as you please, but I must admit that I do like the notion of hardcoreing it and shooting for 11 am til midnight! :cool:

I got no.45 & 46 so there's bound to be a few folk in between us!!:p
I'm way too limp and uncultured to hardcore it - good luck if you decide to go for it!
I'd give it half an hour before i reach my fill!:thumb:

Is it one of those Andy Warhol things where you can leave and come back later?

Got this e-mail from Sorcha Dallas yesterday ~

4483423177_55ba5d70f6_o.png

Linder

The Darktown Cakewalk: Celebrated from the House of FAME

The Arches, 253 Argyle Street, Glasgow G2 8DL, 23rd April 2010, 11am-Midnight

Booking essential- £6 for day pass ticket, available from The Arches box office 0141 565 1000 and online www.thearches.co.uk

Produced by Sorcha Dallas, to coincide with Linder’s solo show, ‘King’s Ransom (Hybrid Tea)’ at Sorcha Dallas from 16.04.10 – 22.05.10
The Darktown Cakewalk: Celebrated from the House of FAME is a new thirteen hour performance work by the artist and musician Linder. Over the last three decades she has applied the principals of collage to music, print, performance and design. For The Darktown Cakewalk she will work in collaboration with the musician Stuart McCallum (The Cinematic Orchestra), the fashion designer Richard Nicoll (also Creative Director, Cerruti), as well as dancers and musicians from varied disciplines and traditions. In the months leading to GI, Linder has undertaken a residency at The Work Room at Tramway, working with a number of performers namely Laura Cameron Lewis, Florencia García Chafuén, Sari Lievonen, Rosalind Masson, Tom Pritchard, Rachel Aisling Smith and Judith Williams. Students of Cardonald College shall be assisting with the fabrication of Nicoll’s designs.

The Darktown Cakewalk (newly commissioned by Glasgow International) is an epic invocation of glamour and fantastical pageantry. Witch trials and beauty queens, rag time and Euro Pop merge to enfold the viewer in a secret history of diversity and dissent. As described by ‘The New York Times’, “Linder’s performance recalls Dada antics and eccentrics like the Baroness Elsa von Freytag-Loringhoven, a poet and sculptor who turned up at New York Dada parties in the 1920s wearing a birdcage or tail-lights, as well as more contemporary performance artists like Carolee Schneemann, Marina Abramovic or Hannah Wilke.”

Linder’s fusion of high fashion and fine art is at once aggressive and visionary.

In Association with The Work Room, Supported by Cardonald College, Fraser Suites, Centre for Advanced Textiles at Glasgow School of Art and The Chisenhale, London where the performance will be restaged on the 10th July.

Sorcha Dallas
5-9 St Margaret's Place
Glasgow G1 5JY
United Kingdom

...None the wiser!...but I'm bulk buying my Red Bull as of today :D

...None the wiser!...but I'm bulk buying my Red Bull as of today :D

Go Joe! You can do it!

What's 13 hours, really? A 12 hour shift plus one. A fairly quick labor.

It sounds like there will be a lot of diverse activities to keep your attention. Plus I like the poster...cake and heels and strawberries, you can't go wrong with that.

I'm rooting for you! Maybe you could give us a play-by-play? :guitar:

From this months 'Dazed & Confused' magazine, excerpt from a piece penned by Linder ~
"And everything eventually comes full circle. This month, I premier a new 13-hour performance piece, ‘The Darktown Cakewalk: Celebrated From The House Of FAME. The title and the time involved are deliberately unwieldy – I’m bored with a culture of instant gratification. All 13 hours will be improvised by both musicians and dancers. Richard Nicoll has constructed costumes that can be worn inside out and upside down, shared by one body or two. Confectionary, consumption, stereotype and discrimination vie for attention. The true star of the show is time itself – the one commodity that we all yearn for. In the cracks between time, maybe the ghosts of ‘The Secret Public’ will reappear, mute and faded, but speaking volumes – we can only hope.”

'improvised'?! 13 hours?
I think I may need a crack chaser with those Red Bulls...

On-line diary of the creative process ~
HERE

Interesting Linder interview in the 'Sunday Herald' ~
CLICK~CLUNK

If Morrissey's taste in art is like his taste in music you're in for a "treat"

:laughing:

Back
Top Bottom