"List of the Lost" physical copy picture posted by @ariel_mcdowall / Twitter

How many runners? Four? :cool:

aed031afaf79fc8b5ad0446386873d26.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to TTY right now, CG. I swear to god my reaction to what Moz just posted was, "CG is the only one who is going to understand any of this."

Oswald Wirth, who I like to think of as the other OW Moz may be familiar with, called her Le Monde. DEMON is an anagram of MONDE or world in French. The four runners who succumb to the world (I'm assuming, haven't read it) are represented by the four points of the world card (bull,eagle,angel,lion) which represent materiality. Perhaps.

XM10007308.jpg

Last edited:
Oswald Wirth, who I like to think of as the other OW Moz may be familiar with, called her Le Monde. DEMON is an anagram of MONDE or world in French. The four runners who succumb to the world (I'm assuming, haven't read it) are represented by the four points of the world card (bull,eagle,angel,lion) which represent materiality. Perhaps.

XM10007308.jpg

Are you planning on reading LotL?

The four runners who succumb to the world (I'm assuming, haven't read it) are represented by the four points of the world card (bull,eagle,angel,lion) which represent materiality. Perhaps.

It is about four runners. Bull, eagle, angel, lion - or Morrissey, Marr, Rourke & Joyce? Or will both readings apply?

From tty, just now ~

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_150923_03

Morrissey's novel List of the Lost is published this Thursday, 24 September, by Penguin Books (UK).

List of the Lost is available in paperback and ebook formats.

Morrissey has explained:

"The theme is demonology ... the left-handed path of black magic. It is about a sports relay team in 1970s America who accidentally kill a wretch who, in esoteric language, might be known as a Fetch ... a discarnate entity in physical form. He appears, though, as an omen of the immediate deaths of each member of the relay team. He is a life force of a devil incarnate, yet in his astral shell he is one phase removed from life. The wretch begins a banishing ritual of the four main characters, and therefore his own death at the beginning of the book is illusory."

Well, blow me...

If it's the left handed path, what would be the right handed path be. What does that mean or is it just words to use words.

Re: Picture of physical copy of The List of The Lost

I got my copy early from Amazon as well, and have been racing through it.

*WARNING - SPOILERS AHEAD*

The storyline is about four young athletes who are training to run the 100 metre relay in the Los Angeles Olympics, 1984 - their names are Steve (the charismatic hero of the novel), John, Andy and Mike. Their plans for the games start well, but come under threat when Andy gets disqualified for taking illegal performance enhancing drugs, whilst the team is further put under stress by Steve's unrequited and bitterly jealous love for John (who is much more into girls). The final straw comes when Mike finds out about Steve's sexuality, and tries to blackmail him. Needless to say, Steve has the last laugh, as on the day of the final he quits the team, leaving the others looking like idiots, and has the success he always deserved by getting the Gold Medal in the solo 100 metres, whilst his ex-teammates slip into obscurity (Mike, for instance, ends up committing suicide by shooting himself with a starting pistol when he realises he has betrayed his one-time friend).

I really enjoyed it, though some of the paragraphs lasted for several pages, which I found slightly odd.

Oh my Gosh xD This would be a hell of a great novel imo

I'll make up my own mind, but The Guardian are not impressed...

http://www.theguardian.com/music/mu...ut-him-from-list-of-the-lost?CMP=share_btn_fb

"It’s commonplace in this kind of article to tell you we’re reading the book so you don’t have to. It’s a tease, usually. In the case of List of the Lost, however, it’s absolutely true. Do not read this book; do not sully yourself with it, no matter how temptingly brief it seems. All those who shepherded it to print should hang their heads in shame, for it’s hard to imagine anything this bad has been put between covers by anyone other than a vanity publisher. It is an unpolished turd of a book, the stale excrement of Morrissey’s imagination."

I`m most shocked there`s straight sex in the book, according to the guardien........... He is humasexual but i still never tought I would have seen that.

http://www.theguardian.com/music/mu...ut-him-from-list-of-the-lost?CMP=share_btn_fb

"It’s commonplace in this kind of article to tell you we’re reading the book so you don’t have to. It’s a tease, usually. In the case of List of the Lost, however, it’s absolutely true. Do not read this book; do not sully yourself with it, no matter how temptingly brief it seems. All those who shepherded it to print should hang their heads in shame, for it’s hard to imagine anything this bad has been put between covers by anyone other than a vanity publisher. It is an unpolished turd of a book, the stale excrement of Morrissey’s imagination."

Oof that's harsh.

200_s.gif

Southpaw makes allusion to the left handed path. Someone's been talking Thelema in his ear no doubt. Staircase comes to mind. :straightface:

I don't want to sound to encouraging but, maybe CG has been right all along. My motivator will need to be consulted about this.

P, a reviewer from your favourite newspaper tells you not to read it and calls it a "turd of a book", and yet you are still going to read it. I therefore rest my case that a review, ie one other person's opinion, is a complete and utter waste of space. If we'd all taken heed to the negative reviews of The Smiths LP, we wouldn't be here now! Come to think of it, if we'd all taken heed of those THREE TTY statements TELLING us not to read the MorrisseysWorld blog...... Well, you get the picture.

R

If Morrissey's novel is anywhere near as funny as that Guardian review makes it out to be it'll be well worth the read. Going to grab a copy tonight after work. Oh I can't wait!

Are you planning on reading LotL?

I had this weird dream that "Morrissey" didn't technically write the book, that a family member did and pressured him to use his fame to get their work published and in a rote way worked in some Morrissey issues to make it sound like he wrote it. So I'm hesitant to jump into reading the book but I'm sure I eventually will.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom