Live concert tracks on BBC6 Music tonight

SEMISORRY

My radio listings guide states: 'Tom Ravenscroft sits in for Gideon Coe with live tracks form Morrissey in 1995'.
This will air at 9pm tonight 27 sep-BBC 6 Music. So this is Boxers/ Southpaw era. Should be worth a listen.

My radio listings guide states: 'Tom Ravenscroft sits in for Gideon Coe with live tracks form Morrissey in 1995'.
This will air at 9pm tonight 27 sep-BBC 6 Music. So this is Boxers/ Southpaw era. Should be worth a listen.
sounds interesting- hopefully someone record it(could be the rare airing of the orginal drury lane from 26th feb 95)radio recording.
well rare: cause there is one, more well known/ more circulated audience recording bootleg from drury lane out there next to the rarer radio recording
and as its for radio its a better clearer version (if thats the recording from drury lane indeed they will be playing)

Last edited:
Drury Lane was the first thing that came to my mind as well. One can hope.

Thanks for the reminder, I forgot to post it last Thursday when Gideon mentioned.

Possibly 17th November 1995 Wembley Arena gig which was broadcasted on BBC Radio 1 in December 1995.

*edit*
Actually Tom Ravenscroft said that 26th Feb 1995 Theatre Royal Drury Lane gig.

@ 21:37 Ahaha, someone sent an email to Tom, he mentioned about Solo. :D

Last edited:
Just asked the DJ and he said that they will be playing Boxers, and a few others (sorry can't remember but there was 4) in about an hour and 10 minutes.

an advert on 6Music for Lamacqs interview with moz was just played

At about 21:30 Tom Ravenscroft, (I'm old enough to remember Peel speaking about him being born on his show), read out an email from someone who'd read on Morrissey-Solo that the concert was to be aired on his show - wanted to know if it was true; who sounded impatient. Ravenscroft said that yes tracks would be on much later, in about an hour and a half. Have to admit the Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan track and crummy 'dance' music got on my nerves too!! :rolleyes:

Just asked the DJ and he said that they will be playing Boxers, and a few others (sorry can't remember but there was 4) in about an hour and 10 minutes.

At about 21:30 Tom Ravenscroft, (I'm old enough to remember Peel speaking about him being born on his show), read out an email from someone who'd read on Morrissey-Solo that the concert was to be aired on his show - wanted to know if it was true; who sounded impatient. Ravenscroft said that yes tracks would be on much later, in about an hour and a half. Have to admit the Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan track and crummy 'dance' music got on my nerves too!! :rolleyes:

It's our George who sent an email to Tom. :cool:

It's our George who sent an email to Tom. :cool:

Ah! I see how this works now. I hadn't read the whole thread. :o

It was helpful to know that the Morrissey tracks would be much later - allowed me to put on some Bowie for an hour.

For what it's worth Tom reiterated that Morrissey would be on Steve Lamacq's (or as I don't call him, "Lammo") show too.

29/9/10 16:00
"Lammo speaks to London 5 piece Films of Colour his 'Favourite New Band'. He'll be playing more Classic Smiths and Morrissey live tracks ahead of Morrissey's first ever 6 Music interview on Friday."

has someone recorded it ?thanks

Back
Top Bottom