live4ever.uk.com review by Richard Bowes - Dog on a Chain 7/10

www.live4ever.uk.com/2020/03/album-review-morrissey-i-am-not-a-dog-on-a-chain/

"It’s an album of peaks and troughs, featuring both highlights such as the single Bobby Don’t You Think They Knows?, all chiming fuzz with Thelma Houston supplying attitude, glamour and bite, and the slinky, kind Knockabout World, but also rudderless tracks such as The Truth About Ruth, which tries to push itself in various directions but always ends up in a cul-de-sac.
So is Morrissey on a rich vein of form, with three albums in 30 months, or does he perhaps feel the hand of time upon his shoulder? Either way, it’s a prolific period that puts younger bands to shame (although given past form we can probably now expect a lengthy hiatus). In light of his reluctance to engage with the media, we won’t ever know for sure. One thing that is safe to presume is that he heeds the advice of his heroes more than ever.
‘There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.’ – Oscar Wilde."

Nice review - but another Stephen! And a 'Britain First'.

(Also his opinions were about the casting couch in general not Weinstein in particular, but I accept that's a losing battle).

Nice review - but another Stephen! And a 'Britain First'.

(Also his opinions were about the casting couch in general not Weinstein in particular, but I accept that's a losing battle).

I'm done with reviews now, good or bad I just don't care to waste time on them.
I know it's a good album, so that's enough for me, I don't need confirmation from others.

...Oh FFS don't open up the 'casting couch' box...

I know it's a good album, so that's enough for me, I don't need confirmation from others.

Yeah, know what you mean. They're fascinating to read before an album's release but once you've heard the songs, they're of little use.

Hiatus? Yeah

Yeah, know what you mean. They're fascinating to read before an album's release but once you've heard the songs, they're of little use.
I agree. What is most fascinating is the lack of work/effort/research/style. Most reviews seem to be dumbed down and aimed at people who would never listen to Moz or have a clue who he is. I don't think I've read an interesting or insightful music review in years.

Exactamente pienso igual para mi el disco es muy bueno y con eso me basta yo lo disfruto no me importa la opinion de diarios y revistas y menos de esas criticas que van dirigidas con odio a la persona de Morrissey y no a su ultimo trabajo, estos no pueden ser objetivos van directamente a dar en el blanco de Moz, son Francotiradores de odio hacia mi Moz..VIVA MORRISSEY Y SU NUEVO ALBUM!!!!!!

CDC2BE4C-EFDB-4512-9BD2-43AAD8A03A8D.gif

Tags
i am not a dog on a chain review

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom