Liverpool - Moz walks off stage

Re: Moz walks off stage

Should've seen that coming.

After all, this is the same bunch of scum f***ing thugs that throw beachballs onto the pitch causing their own team to lose.

Scouse c***s. They just keep adding to their reputation. To think I went to such lengths to get my ticket too :mad:

Scouse c***s? Most of the people standing around me were not even from Liverpool.

I have just got back from the concert. I can assure you all it was a plastic cup not a bottle. Morrissey was bend down shaking some of the crowds hands and then somebody threw the cup at him, which glanced his head.

He walked off the stage straight away and said goodbye.

I do have a lot of sympathy with Morrissey because he is 'at work' and doesnt deserve this treatment, but he has acted slightly over the top.

I am absolutely f***ing gutted at this. I'd been excited for months for this and then some scrotty little bellend goes and ruins it.

I'm gutted, absolutely gutted. I thought Moz would've just stayed off for a few more minutes, teach everyone a lesson and then come back on and drop some of that acerbic wit and kick into another song.

I'm gutted. He won't play Liverpool again after this :(

And why did no one punch the idiot in the face??
If that had happened around here, I think the assailant would have been descended upon.

Partially it could have been Moz being purposefully OTT if he told Wossy he was too ill to go on his show this morning. Flip side is that it would have cost him loads to cancel one of the biggest gigs of the Swords U.K tour on attendance.

Not my view, just a thought. Probably get slagged off for it, especially on here but hey ho. Even my mate who has followed him tour from The Smiths days is thinking of packing it in now, and knowing him that is an eye opener.

And why did no one punch the idiot in the face??
If that had happened around here, I think the assailant would have been descended upon.

absolutely no idea. I think cause most people thought Moz would've come back on that this twat would've just got a kicking from the security lads and that'd be it. Worst thing is this little gobshite will get away with it and nothing'll happen to him for ruining 10,000 people's night. There were people crying on the docks cause of what this little scruff did.

I'm really losing faith in the gig going public of Britain.

I dunno, it seems to me that if this had happened a few years ago Morrissey would've just brushed it off. For example:

http://www.passionsjustlikemine.com/live/moz-g021103.htm

Now maybe that incident wasn't as bad as this one, but if you allow me to speculate wildly, it doesn't really seem like he enjoys himself anymore. Even today's Morrissey seems a little different to the one I discovered in 2004......not that I don't love him any less. I can't really put my finger on it, but I just feel he might be nearing the end of his career. What happened to him tonight was poor, like everyone I can't understand why you pay money to goo see someone, and then throw something at them. But it seems like an over-reaction from Morrissey. He should've gone back out I feel, he owes it to the vast majority who'd gone to see him.

Partially it could have been Moz being purposefully OTT if he told Wossy he was too ill to go on his show this morning. Flip side is that it would have cost him loads to cancel one of the biggest gigs of the Swords U.K tour on attendance.

Not my view, just a thought. Probably get slagged off for it, especially on here but hey ho. Even my mate who has followed him tour from The Smiths days is thinking of packing it in now, and knowing him that is an eye opener.

the JR show would have been pre-recorded had it happened, so i doubt he was ill today

This is disgusting and so humiliating for the victim. Vile scum.

I am absolutely f***ing gutted at this. I'd been excited for months for this and then some scrotty little bellend goes and ruins it.

I'm gutted, absolutely gutted. I thought Moz would've just stayed off for a few more minutes, teach everyone a lesson and then come back on and drop some of that acerbic wit and kick into another song.

I'm gutted. He won't play Liverpool again after this :(

I really thought he would come back out when it looked like they'd pulled the twat out who did it.
I can't see this being rescheduled and I really don't think he'll play Liverpool again either :tears:

Last edited:

Cannot believe he didn't come back on after that. I saw people crying on the way out. It looked like he got a bit wet rather than being hit on the head with a bottle as announced from stage.

And the narrow-minded anti-Scouse comments in this thread are not helping anyone deal with this. Especially, as already reported that it sounded to me that the majority of the crowd weren't actually from Liverpool.

Gutted but determined I get a refund.

I don't know....Having been unexpectedly and not deliberately hit in the face on several occasions.....it really takes the wind out of you. Literally, and emotionally.

I'm just stunned. Sad and stunned at all the shit that's been happening to him lately. :tears:

Good point. To be fair I think if anything hit me in the face during a performance I would also walk off, never to return.

And yes, me too. He doesn't deserve this. :(

Now I've calmed down a bit, I must say I don't blame him for not coming back. It's taken enough for him to get out there every night since Swindon and he doesn't need that sort of treatment as his reward. He isnt a trained animal, he has feelings like an earlier post said. I hope whoever did it feels like a total prick.

I agree with this as well.

I was at a gig in London where M avoided one side of the stage all night after a beer spray on that side.

Was that in June?

So, is walking off after people have paid a lot of money to go to the gig the right thing to do? No. Unless Mozzer is injured (he may be, I haven't heard either way yet), walking is absolutely the wrong thing to do. My wife is/was there and is devastated that the guy she thinks is wonderful has bottled it (excuse the pun) so easily.
He should have taken 5, composed himself and then come back, slagged off the assailant and got on with it. The whole thing would have then been forgotten and everyone would have had a lot more respect for the Moz. Refund anyone?

What would you do in his position? I can honestly say that I would refuse to go back. It'd be so humiliating, so crushing.

Why should he bloody go back onstage? He was humiliated and he's a gentle man.
Agree.

Now I've calmed down a bit, I must say I don't blame him for not coming back. It's taken enough for him to get out there every night since Swindon and he doesn't need that sort of treatment as his reward. He isnt a trained animal, he has feelings like an earlier post said. I hope whoever did it feels like a total prick.
Exactly.

its just not easy being a Morrissey fan these days.

This is horrible. Did anybody here by chance get a look at the thrower?

Why lie, though. He got wet from some beer just after shaking hands with someone in the audience and he walked off. We waited 20 mins while the security shone torches to try and find the culprit.

Then someone come to the mic and announced that Morrissey had been hit by a bottle on the head ( lie ). I'm not defending the wanker and I don't blame Morrissey for not coming back on because the next missile could well have been a bottle.

This isn't the first time that this has happened at this venue.

I will never visit Liverpool again, period.

PS. There was also scousers starting fights with Mancs before the gig in the concourse.

Tags
beer=good4hair diva fit drama queen duck & cover malvatwat northernidiots pbr me asap raincoats? saddening
Back
Top Bottom