Liverpool - Moz walks off stage

Re: Moz walks off stage

Just come back from the gig tonight and cant believe what i saw

during black cloud a plastic cup was thrown glancing his head and that was it he was gone. seemed quite surreal becos as soon as he said goodbye his band walked off at the same time like they knew what was coming

Listen i know the fella who threw it is an idiot to put it nicely but to walk off after 1 1/2 songs into his last british night, seriously???? infornt of his biggest crowd surely since his M into manchester gig

i spoke to people who had come from barcelona and germany from tonight and ll i could say to them was sorry
and worse enough was that litera.ly 2 minutes after he got off we started geting given pieces of paper saying he wont come back on and that details of refunds would be issued ( suspicious)

oh Morrissey i love you but why??
was a plastic cup seriously that bad

On one hand, I really feel for the crowd - the fans, not the louts. I'd be devastated if I missed out on a concert like that. On the other hand, though, recieving a missile from a supposedly friendly crowd shortly after fainting onstage and spending the night in hospital is no doubt very hurtful. He's a human being, after all. I wish he'd come back out with a retort, but I can't blame him for thinking "screw it, you clearly don't want me". :(

What would you do in his position? I can honestly say that I would refuse to go back. It'd be so humiliating, so crushing.

I would dry my hair, compose myself and go back on stage so the other 10,000 people weren't punished for the idiotic behaviour of one person.

So, is walking off after people have paid a lot of money to go to the gig the right thing to do? No. Unless Mozzer is injured (he may be, I haven't heard either way yet), walking is absolutely the wrong thing to do. My wife is/was there and is devastated that the guy she thinks is wonderful has bottled it (excuse the pun) so easily.

He should have taken 5, composed himself and then come back, slagged off the assailant and got on with it. The whole thing would have then been forgotten and everyone would have had a lot more respect for the Moz. Refund anyone?

Bollocks. Say the next missile was a bottle and hit him in the eye. Morrissey did the right thing. There was a bad atmosphere. If anyone had any bottle ( pardon the pun ) they should have reported the idiot to security. Why they shone torches instead of turning the lights on to find the culprit is anybodies guess.

Why lie, though. He got wet from some beer just after shaking hands with someone in the audience and he walked off. We waited 20 mins while the security shone torches to try and find the culprit.

Then someone come to the mic and announced that Morrissey had been hit by a bottle on the head ( lie ). I'm not defending the wanker and I don't blame Morrissey for not coming back on because the next missile could well have been a bottle.

This isn't the first time that this has happened at this venue.

I will never visit Liverpool again, period.

PS. There was also scousers starting fights with Mancs before the gig in the concourse.

Hey now, don't be so narrow minded...you will never visit Liverpool again because of this? Christ! Where I was standing there was a gang of leery, drunken Mancunians trying to push through.Twats come from far and wide.

Right, a lot of this thread is nonsense. Lets use a little bit of perspective about what happened tonight.

I was at the Echo tonight. The crowd was up for it and, in general, nice, civilised people. It was NOT a crowd full of 'pissed up scousers' like the press will most likely have you believe. This will be used by idiots as a reason to attack the city of liverpool and its residents, but this sort of thing happens everywhere. How often do you see a bottle go flying at a gig? It happens a lot, its just very rare to see such a fuss kicked up about it.

Now, Im a huge Morrissey fan. But, to me, what he did was totally unprofessional, totally selfish and totally over the top. Lets remember, this was a plastic cup. It literally brushed his forehead. People can use the 'personal safety' line all they like but if we're being honest. There were 12 thousand people there who adored him tonight, it was one cup thrown onto the stage. At no point was Morrissey in danger and he knows that full well.

Okay, throwing anything at anyone isnt a good thing to do. The person who did it is obviously a nobhead who believes this type of thing is Ok. It was a mindless act, but Morrissey is a performer. Thousands of people had made the effort to go and see him and pay good money to do so. Getting water/beer on your face isnt particularly pleasant, but its not the end of the world either is it?

He's let a lot of people down tonight. I realise theres lots of people here who will defend him to the hilt, and fair enough. I just think he's acted very selfishly. There was no valid reason for him to leave the stage tonight, he threw a strop and walked off. Its just not on.

What would you do in his position? I can honestly say that I would refuse to go back. It'd be so humiliating, so crushing.

I would dry my hair, compose myself and go back on stage so the other 10,000 people weren't punished for the idiotic behaviour of one person.

What, and possibly get hit by a bottle next time. Why the f*** were they selling beers in bottles anyway? :confused:

Was that in June?

May, Brixton.

Being up on stage is vulnerable position, and even seasoned artists/actors get nervous/easily upset. Morrissey's ill as well.
Not in the best frame of mind to rise above it and carry on.

May, Brixton.

Being up on stage is vulnerable position, and even seasoned artists/actors get nervous/easily upset. Morrissey's ill as well.

This also happened in Oslo, Norway, a few months ago.

Wow. That's pretty f'in ridiculous. Obviously, I feel awful that Moz got hit with beer and I would've totally docked the dumb ass that threw it in the face....but come on now. Moz needs to stop being a diva for shit that doesn't matter. It's a plastic f***in' cup for god sakes and you have thousands of people that dropped a ton of cash to see you and you can't muster it up and get your ass back on stage after recouping and having the dumbass thrown out? ...Sorry Moz, my love, but that's just shoddy.

And he doesn't need a bunch of people defending him, guys. 'Cause honestly, if I was hit with beer and I had a crowd of people who love me enough to pay 100+ bucks....I'd throw the cup back and get on with it, so enough of the "how would you feel if..." crap.

I hope to god people got refunds. :straightface:

Right, a lot of this thread is nonsense. Lets use a little bit of perspective about what happened tonight.

I was at the Echo tonight. The crowd was up for it and, in general, nice, civilised people. It was NOT a crowd full of 'pissed up scousers' like the press will most likely have you believe. This will be used by idiots as a reason to attack the city of liverpool and its residents, but this sort of thing happens everywhere. How often do you see a bottle go flying at a gig? It happens a lot, its just very rare to see such a fuss kicked up about it.
Well said.

Hey now, don't be so narrow minded...you will never visit Liverpool again because of this? Christ! Where I was standing there was a gang of leery, drunken Mancunians trying to push through.Twats come from far and wide.

you mustn't have been that far from me. 4 of them came crashing in thinking they were all Billy Big Bollocks at the end of DATK's set. One was all mulleted up thinking he was hard, looked like he was ketted off his tits, giving all sorts of stick to a girl in a denim jacket and her little mate for telling them to stop pushing through and have a bit of respect. Other one in a grey checked jacket, a short balding one and one who thought he was Ian Brown.

On one hand, I really feel for the crowd - the fans, not the louts. I'd be devastated if I missed out on a concert like that. On the other hand, though, recieving a missile from a supposedly friendly crowd shortly after fainting onstage and spending the night in hospital is no doubt very hurtful. He's a human being, after all. I wish he'd come back out with a retort, but I can't blame him for thinking "screw it, you clearly don't want me". :(

Too true. The more I read and think about this, the more shocked and saddened I feel.

Bollocks. Say the next missile was a bottle and hit him in the eye. Morrissey did the right thing. There was a bad atmosphere. If anyone had any bottle ( pardon the pun ) they should have reported the idiot to security. Why they shone torches instead of turning the lights on to find the culprit is anybodies guess.

Well why play anywhere ever, with that mentality? He could get hit with anything any night, so might as well NEVER get out on that stage.

....:straightface:

geting given pieces of paper saying he wont come back on and that details of refunds would be issued ( suspicious)

Those pieces of paper never mentioned Morrissey. I have one in front of me. They are standard copies in case of cancellations.

Stop with the conspiracy theories.

All of the bottles were plastic.

and even then, we were told to pour the contents into plastic glasses at the entrance. There were thorough searches too, It would have been near impossible to smuggle in any alcohol in a glass bottle. So it was most definitely a plastic glass that was thrown.

im still in shock with the collapse in swindon it just seems like one thing after another!!! surely his last chance to sell out an arena in britain gone now,
doubt hes bothered anyway

Tags
beer=good4hair diva fit drama queen duck & cover malvatwat northernidiots pbr me asap raincoats? saddening
Back
Top Bottom