London - Alexandra Palace (Mar. 9, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / I Wish You Lonely / Glamorous Glue / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / How Soon Is Now? / The Bullfighter Dies / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / When You Open Your Legs / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Hold On To Your Friends / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Judy Is A Punk / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
No, I talk out of my arse and the evidence is in the football thread cause Phill Gatenby never signs his posts anymore but we know he is the anon that revealed my secret.
Apologies Urbanus, that post was meant for Aztuc cum, who spouts anti English shit constantly. I inadvertently responded to you. Unintentional.

Morrissey seemed on good form this tour; I was at RAH and Ally Pally. The staff at Ally Pally attempted to sabotage my every move before the show (as did my uber driver) but once the show had started I had a ball. Higher energy crowd at AP than at RAH but i guess the venue lends itself to that, RAH much more civilised affair.

Apologies Urbanus, that post was meant for Aztuc cum, who spouts anti English shit constantly. I inadvertently responded to you. Unintentional.
You know me, always loving a bit of an argument even when it was wrongly directed at me.

LOL

This is most likely the first time anyone on here apologises to me. What did that feel like?

Morrissey seemed on good form this tour; I was at RAH and Ally Pally. The staff at Ally Pally attempted to sabotage my every move before the show (as did my uber driver) but once the show had started I had a ball. Higher energy crowd at AP than at RAH but i guess the venue lends itself to that, RAH much more civilised affair.
Sounds like the staff at Wembley Arena in 1995. It was like being in a prison with every move restricted and boring seating on offer until the last night I went when I managed to get to the front row with some japs and that fan from the Hulmerist video.

I saw Moz at the Hollywood Bowl in November, and at Brixton and Ally Pally on this leg. He seems pretty happy at the moment. Love all the little dance moves, the funny changes in lyrics, noises, grunts etc. Have to say I thought the set worked better at Brixton than Ally Pally. The KO with Playboys was superb and just sticks a marker down. Its the first time I've been to a Moz 'do' when there's been so many people who are just breezing through. Suppose its inevitable. There were some brainless idiots near us screaming about the crap film before he came on. Probably went to see the bloke who sings the stay in bed song... One of the great triumphs of this tour has been the pre-film and the superb backdrops. The visuals + the sound elevate the whole thing to another level. Enjoyed all 3 times I saw him. Seeing the old chap on MozAngeles day last November will take some beating I reckon. Cheers

For what it's worth:
Morrissey BANNED staff at Alexandra Palace gig from wearing leather or fur.

Sources at his London gig at Alexandra Palace on Friday told us staff weren't permitted to wear leather on direct orders from the former Smiths frontman.

"There's no meat for sale in the venue at all, which isn't that unusual for a Morrissey gig," Day & Night - who were in the audience - were reliably informed by a definitely not leather-clad lady.

"But none of the workers are allowed to wear any kind of fur or even leather this evening," she added.

"I thought they were joking but no, it's serious. I was going to wear a faux fur coat but I really didn't want to run the risk of having to prove it wasn't real before being let in. I'm not even wearing a belt because of it!"

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/930521/morrissey-smiths-meat-leather-alexandra-palace

Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
For what its worth:
Morrissey BANNED staff at Alexandra Palace gig from wearing leather or fur.

Sources at his London gig at Alexandra Palace on Friday told us staff weren't permitted to wear leather on direct orders from the former Smiths frontman.

"There's no meat for sale in the venue at all, which isn't that unusual for a Morrissey gig," Day & Night - who were in the audience - were reliably informed by a definitely not leather-clad lady.

"But none of the workers are allowed to wear any kind of fur or even leather this evening," she added.

"I thought they were joking but no, it's serious. I was going to wear a faux fur coat but I really didn't want to run the risk of having to prove it wasn't real before being let in. I'm not even wearing a belt because of it!"

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-news/930521/morrissey-smiths-meat-leather-alexandra-palace

Regards,
FWD.
Many venue staff will be on a fairly low income. Not everybody has multiple choices of shoes/coat/belt, especially if it's work clothes which presumably have to conform to a uniform or other dress code. Pretty shitty way to treat the 'ordinary folk', since it's not that long ago he was wearing leather himself. Presumably the same restrictions were not placed on the paying customers?

Last edited:
Many venue staff will be on a fairly low income. Not everybody has multiple choices of shoes/coat/belt, especially if it's work clothes which presumably have to conform to a uniform or other dress code. Pretty shitty way to treat the 'ordinary folk', since it's not that long ago he was wearing leather himself. Presumably the same restrictions were not placed on the paying customers?

The restrictions weren’t placed on paying customers, but weirdly I was sent back into the cloakroom after I’d put my coat in because apparently ‘morrissey has banned backpacks this evening’. I thought that was a pretty weird rule, especially as I took it into the RAH on Wednesday, he had imposed no such restrictions there.

Disclaimer; my backpack is tiny, not a huge rucksack.

The restrictions weren’t placed on paying customers, but weirdly I was sent back into the cloakroom after I’d put my coat in because apparently ‘morrissey has banned backpacks this evening’. I thought that was a pretty weird rule, especially as I took it into the RAH on Wednesday, he had imposed no such restrictions there.

Blimey. Weird indeed. If there was going to be any banning of rucksacks, it would usually come from the venue itself as a security issue. Is there anything this man feels he can't arbitrarily ban?

You snowflakes are all the same, vote liberal and want open borders then you can't take it when you cannot wear a rucksack cause you find yourself living in a war zone.

It's people like you I hate more than terrorists. Here's a clue, vote for a party that will work toward you being able to use a rucksack at the next election.

Until then STFU!

Bit 'cringey' as the yoof might say:

Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom