London - Alexandra Palace (Mar. 9, 2018) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / I Wish You Lonely / Glamorous Glue / Who Will Protect Us From The Police? / How Soon Is Now? / The Bullfighter Dies / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / I Bury The Living / Back On The Chain Gang / Spent The Day In Bed / When You Open Your Legs / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Hold On To Your Friends / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage // Judy Is A Punk / Irish Blood, English Heart

Setlist provided by an anonymous person.

Last edited:
Bit unfair to tar everyone with the same brush, the kids I saw at the Birmingham gig were certainly not racist thugs.

It's actually a bit weird , Morrissey does pull a definite high proportion of naff people now . I'm not even talking about edgy or unpredictable just naff.

I've seen a few fights at Morrissey shows over last few years and it seems to be bald fat blokes in their 40's who dress and look like the kind of blokes you see in a Wetherspoons on a saturday night . Just really mainstream naff old blokes who get lairy after a beer, not even the stylish kind of thugs that Morrissey wishes he had .

His audience is getting more and more uncool and normal and no style as the years go on .

Also I have never seen more static crowds at a Morrissey show than on this tour , except for the faithful at the front everyone stands there with glazed bored eyes during I would say at least half of the set and only come alive on certain tunes . But when you have a set which features two to three covers and songs as pedestrian as If You Don't Like Me which is one of the dullest songs from Swords then I guess that is what you will get .

Morrissey shows used to be unpredictable , celebratory events that you came out of feeling alive and energised now as much as I still like the guy I always seem to come out feeling slightly underwhelmed and just thinking yeah that was alright I suppose

It's actually a bit weird , Morrissey does pull a definite high proportion of naff people now . I'm not even talking about edgy or unpredictable just naff.

I've seen a few fights at Morrissey shows over last few years and it seems to be bald fat blokes in their 40's who dress and look like the kind of blokes you see in a Wetherspoons on a saturday night . Just really mainstream naff old blokes who get lairy after a beer, not even the stylish kind of thugs that Morrissey wishes he had .

His audience is getting more and more uncool and normal and no style as the years go on .

Also I have never seen more static crowds at a Morrissey show than on this tour , except for the faithful at the front everyone stands there with glazed bored eyes during I would say at least half of the set and only come alive on certain tunes . But when you have a set which features two to three covers and songs as pedestrian as If You Don't Like Me which is one of the dullest songs from Swords then I guess that is what you will get .

Morrissey shows used to be unpredictable , celebratory events that you came out of feeling alive and energised now as much as I still like the guy I always seem to come out feeling slightly underwhelmed and just thinking yeah that was alright I suppose
I agree to an extent but I also think the venue and set play a large part. On the 15 tour he commented that Birmingham was the best gig but on that night he opened with Queen is dead and Suedehead which got everyone if a good frame of mind, much better that some Elvis song that he did this time around.

Agree with most of this as it mirrors most of my recent experiences expect last night was a group of younger men who seemed to target females and older blokes. Twats essentially.

Always going to be disagreement on set lists when you have such a mass library to choose from. I thought it was a good set list, with a good mixture of pace and energy especially for those of us in our mid 40’s , although you won’t catch me in Wetherspoons on a Saturday night!!

Why do people treat the gig as a pub with a £50 entry fee and crap beer? If you’re not interested in watching the show go to the local!

If you’re talking about people in the crowd talking whilst the gig is on, I agree. My boyfriend and I kept having to move about in the crowd because of people nearby talking. It’s the same at all the gigs I’ve been to recently; not just morrissey, vale of tears, no one wants to listen to your conversation. STFU when the band is on.

I’ve been to four on this tour and this was my least favourite. I started at the front where everybody around me was arguing about people pushing in. I got fed up of that so I worked my way to back where nobody seemed to be watching it. I know there was a lot of locals there who were not necessarily Morrissey fans. My wife works at the local school and she saw hundreds of ex pupils and parents. The crowd were the problem not Moz.

I’ve been to four on this tour and this was my least favourite. I started at the front where everybody around me was arguing about people pushing in. I got fed up of that so I worked my way to back where nobody seemed to be watching it. I know there was a lot of locals there who were not necessarily Morrissey fans. My wife works at the local school and she saw hundreds of ex pupils and parents. The crowd were the problem not Moz.
If you were near me then the arguing about pushing in quickly turned to some girls being told to ‘go back home’ and how great brexit is blah blah blah.

I'll say what the hell I like, when I like, how I like, and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

Spoken like a true piece of gammon. You think you're so different to the likes of Farage and Tommy Robinson but you're not. You're just an extremist and anyone who doesn't share your world view is evil. Your issues are all self inflicted.

Notwithstanding the awful weather and that goddam walk up the hill from the station it was the BEST gig so far this tour and Moz clearly thought so too. 2 encore songs. He says he never works out be he clearly does with that ripped torso!
The only thing ripped regarding that torso are the crisp packets left in its wake.

Spoken like a true piece of gammon. You think you're so different to the likes of Farage and Tommy Robinson but you're not. You're just an extremist and anyone who doesn't share your world view is evil. Your issues are all self inflicted.

I hate racists. That's all you need to know, you gobbet of ordure. Robinson and Britain First get locked up for espousing their views. I never will. So up yours.

Of course you can but you do seem to have difficulty in engaging with those who have different viewpoints.

Read what I said again, numpty. I'll say what I like, when I like and how I like, and I am under no obligation to respond to anything in the way you might want me to. So stuff off.

I hate racists. That's all you need to know, you gobbet of ordure. Robinson and Britain First get locked up for espousing their views. I never will. So up yours.

It is hard to be locked up when your only avenue of protest is a Morrissey fan site.

Gig was phenomenal. Moz was on top form and crowd at the front really went for it, jumping about and singing along. And what about the t-shirt riot at the end? Mad. Brixton was a sober night in comparison. I liked his little airing on free speech as well. Also, the after party in the Ally Pally Phoenix Bar with cool tunes was a nice touch. Everyone was absolutely pissed. Me, I carried on drinking in Monaghan's pub in Wood Green till 4. What a night.

Gig was phenomenal. Moz was on top form and crowd at the front really went for it, jumping about and singing along. And what about the t-shirt riot at the end? Mad. Brixton was a sober night in comparison. I liked his little airing on free speech as well. Also, the after party in the Ally Pally Phoenix Bar with cool tunes was a nice touch. Everyone was absolutely pissed. Me, I carried on drinking in Monaghan's pub in Wood Green till 4. What a night.

The t-shirt scramble was hilarious, I seen a pair shoes being held up at one point

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom