London - O2 Arena (Nov. 29, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / Smiler With Knife / The Bullfighter Dies / Trouble Loves Me / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Meat Is Murder / Scandinavia / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / I'm Not A Man / Speedway // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by @mswro2012 / Twitter, link posted by Hand in Hand-Shoe.

Last edited:
Actually, "Anon", I've answered this repeatedly. Just read back and you'll find all you need to know, perhaps four or five times just this week, if you are really that interested. Have fun.

I've read your latest ramblings but am unsure which answer you're referring to.

A) You want to "challenge Morrissey". That would imply that you're honestly under the impression that Morrissey would read any of your crap. In that case you're a delusional c**t.

B) You want to "challenge his fans". That would imply that you just can't stand if people's opinions differ with yours, and that you consider yourself above all the other guys and gals on this site. In that case you're ALSO a delusional c**t.

Is there something more?

The truth is of course that you're just a sad low-life pensioner with a very unhealthy obsession with Morrissey. News: Everyone sees that.

P.S. Great concert thread. If you don't care about reviews from people who actually were at the concert, and prefer to read the same old drivel from all the same old sad c**ts over and over again.

I don't post here anymore, because well it isn't worth anyone's time to do so. I do lurk since it still is pretty much the best place on the internet to find out what Morrissey is currently up to.

For those of you who are expressing dissatisfaction for the usual cast of creatures that wreck havoc on this board with their vile ways, I can tell you why they keep coming here. Because you keep responding. And you keep asking them "why are you here?"

They are just like unruly children. They just want attention and they realize the only way they can get it is with their outlandish, cartoonish, and buffoonish behavior. Stop giving it to them. They derive a particularly perverse satisfaction from diverting the conversation from what they perceive as triumphs for Morrissey to themselves. One of these creatures in particular even admitted this as much. It knows what one it is.

And honestly, if there are people who are this angry over what Morrissey said about Thatcher, the Queen, or meat being murder that would mean they are harboring a 25 to 30 year-old grudge.

Think about that.

Harboring a grudge over what a pop star said about a politician for decades, leading them to constantly troll a message board, desperately hoping for attention while claiming righteous indignation. What eventful lives these creatures lead.

Their posts aren't worth the bandwidth. Don't contribute to it by encouraging them.

The arena was pretty packed. Even the most negative reviews that are being cherry picked from said Morrissey's voice was strong, it was a good musical performance. All they can pick at him for is they don't like his views on voting or the monarchy. People on twitter who attended seem happy. No one is complaining. Focus on that, not the sideshow.

I don't post here anymore, because well it isn't worth anyone's time to do so. I do lurk since it still is pretty much the best place on the internet to find out what Morrissey is currently up to.

For those of you who are expressing dissatisfaction for the usual cast of creatures that wreck havoc on this board with their vile ways, I can tell you why they keep coming here. Because you keep responding. And you keep asking them "why are you here?"

They are just like unruly children. They just want attention and they realize the only way they can get it is with their outlandish, cartoonish, and buffoonish behavior. Stop giving it to them. They derive a particularly perverse satisfaction from diverting the conversation from what they perceive as triumphs for Morrissey to themselves. One of these creatures in particular even admitted this as much. It knows what one it is.

And honestly, if there are people who are this angry over what Morrissey said about Thatcher, the Queen, or meat being murder that would mean they are harboring a 25 to 30 year-old grudge.

Think about that.

Harboring a grudge over what a pop star said about a politician for decades, leading them to constantly troll a message board, desperately hoping for attention while claiming righteous indignation. What eventful lives these creatures lead.

Their posts aren't worth the bandwidth. Don't contribute to it by encouraging them.

The arena was pretty packed. Even the most negative reviews that are being cherry picked from said Morrissey's voice was strong, it was a good musical performance. All they can pick at him for is they don't like his views on voting or the monarchy. People on twitter who attended seem happy. No one is complaining. Focus on that, not the sideshow.

Thank you.

What a load of bollocks. I don't know who these people are who come on here and knock Mozzer and have a pop at everyone else. I went to the O2 it was Rammoed, I've seen other artists there and there have been empty seats - so what! I was glad to see Moz and I was well happy that I saw him do most of the new album. Will he tour again? Is this it? Maybe he doesn't know himself and wants to do the album as he might not get to do the songs again. Stop double guessing and enjoy the moment. And as for the bullies - if the moderator won't block them, then ignore them. If we all ignore them then they'll have no audience and will die - they'll understand that approach as that's what their preaching we should do to Mozzer!

Which song did Morrissey sneeze during? Worth the price of admission alone.

Last edited by a moderator:

I've forgotten which song, but I have a feeling it might have been during Staircase...just after the singing was done and before the flamenco outro.

It was this parents choice to take his child to a gig and that has nothing to do with you. After all the bullshite you have posted over the last few days, you are now overstepping the boundaries in my opinion.

I don't care about your 'boundaries'.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

No you weren't. Everyone can see this is just more predictable/delusional crap from the second saddest troll on this site: "Look, THIS is how much I hate Morrissey. I hope everyone is impressed by the extent to which I pretend not to care..."

Your pathetic affectations would carry a lot more weight and credibility if you weren't here so much (in fact, if you weren't here AT ALL).

Oh yes I was!

What do you mean 'second'? I don't like the sound of that at all. I'll have to raise my game.

I'm not sure you final sentence make sense!

best
BB

Well we have all been subjected to 36 hours of BrummieBoys demented ramblings and no doubt we will have another tirade after the Dublin gig. Has the Taylor Swift fan actually made anyone think any differently about Morrissey?

Just curious

You've not been 'subjected' to anything. Nor has anybody else on this site. If you don't like reading my musings, then just put me on 'Ignore'.

I'm not a Taylor Swift 'fan', my daughter is. But I've grown to love some of her music. I'm also not a 'fan' of Morrissey but I also love some of his music, despite his bizarre 'demented ramblings' on TTY and between songs on stage. A few of the lyrics are a bit silly as well, but mostly you can just ignore them.

Why haven't you just put me on 'Ignore', 'Surface'? .......Just curious....actually I couldn't give a toss what you or anyone else think of my off the cuff musings.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Morrissey's political mentor got in a bit of a paddy earlier. At least he has the courage to put himself forward, I suppose.

Russel didn't like being asked how much he spent on his personal housing costs. I'd like to see Morrissey quizzed outside No 10 on how much he spends on his lifestyle. I know he's not resident for tax in the UK but I wonder what he does with the dosh he saves by being a Swizz tax exile. Probably gives it to Russell to wage 'revolution' on his behalf...

best
BB

I like Morrissey. I have supported his music since the 80's. I haven't posted negative about him personally and I root for his success but I just really, really feel the addition of Jesse Tobias has been very bad for his music. It is my opinion that things have progressively gone down-hill ever since Jesse joined the band.

That's the Only point of negativity I have ever waded into in regards to Morrissey and his music.

I think it's a shame that Jesse is in the band.

Perhaps he's a decent guy. I am not slamming the guy personally. I just feel his participation with Morrissey has really detracted from Moz's music. He's Not a "fit" and it is unfortunate that he is still around.

It would be so uplifting and very exciting if someone else could come around and take over that lead guitarist position and music composition partner for Morrissey.

As others have their opinions I have mine. As others voice what they think, I just want to have the same ability to post as I think.

The Jesse Tobias era has been extremely disappointing and it's frustrating that so much time has been wasted with him. It's also sad to know that there doesn't seem to be an change in sight.

Be quiet coward

In November/December 2014, numerous Morrissey-Solo commenters had a conversation on the Morrissey 'performances' at London's o2 Arena. The following is a reconstruction:

Just curious: Why do people go onto Sites dedicated to Morrissey to spout bile?

You've not been 'subjected' to anything. Nor has anybody else on this site. If you don't like reading my musings, then just put me on 'Ignore'.

I'm not a Taylor Swift 'fan', my daughter is. But I've grown to love some of her music. I'm also not a 'fan' of Morrissey but I also love some of his music, despite his bizarre 'demented ramblings' on TTY and between songs on stage. A few of the lyrics are a bit silly as well, but mostly you can just ignore them.

Why haven't you just put me on 'Ignore', 'Surface'? .......Just curious....actually I couldn't give a toss what you or anyone else think of my off the cuff musings.

best
BB

Tedious, predictable, dishonest, narcissistic wanker. And therefore hugely ironic and profoundly hypocritical when he accuses Morrissey of the same. But then BB has never been good at that pesky self-awareness thing - as his mention of Morrissey's "bizarre demented ramblings" makes plain; has BB never read his own posts on here...?

Funny how a few of the trolls are now reluctantly conceding that they like "some" of his music... but that still doesn't plausibly explain the amount of time they spend here reading, writing and sneering, given how much else they profess to dislike about the man. Must try harder.

What's really tragic is someone calling themselves "Boy" when they supposedly have a 17 year old daughter and are admonishing someone else for apparently living in the past.

Physician, heal thyself.

It's a nickname. It's generic. It's a B10 Peaky Blinder thing. You wouldn't understand.

Yes, if only I hadn't moved on from my teenage crushes and was still obsessed with them 40 years later. Imagine the joy of traipsing around the world singing the same songs for decades celebrating such a state of affairs. I'm envious of Morrissey.....I'd give up all I have, family, friends, everything! Just to be onstage in Dublin Docklands on a wet Monday night in December then return to another sterile luxury hotel suite....*rollseyes*

best
BB

He was coughing and blowing his nose in Dublin. You can do it Moz! Just two weeks and you're done.

Has he honestly PM'd you with threats?

What a slop badger.

Hey! 'Surface'! Where are my veiled threat PMs? Are you part of some really scary West London massive? [edit: Yikes! He's a real Mancunian thug! LOLz] Should a BCFC Zulu be really scared of you and your crew? You sound like a character in a Morrissey song!

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Be quiet coward, have some dignity

Now you sound like Samuel L Jackson before you quote the Bible and pull the trigger. Hilarious stuff!

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

OK, off the the 'Off-Topic Fight Thread' with this stuff.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

I don't post here anymore, because well it isn't worth anyone's time to do so.

You do post here. You just did. Stop wasting your time.

best
BB

Last edited:

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Russel didn't like being asked how much he spent on his personal housing costs. I'd like to see Morrissey quizzed outside No 10 on how much he spends on his lifestyle. I know he's not resident for tax in the UK but I wonder what he does with the dosh he saves by being a Swizz tax exile. Probably gives it to Russell to wage 'revolution' on his behalf...

best
BB

Morrissey holds a UK passport. He's a resident.

Tedious, predictable, dishonest, narcissistic wanker. And therefore hugely ironic and profoundly hypocritical when he accuses Morrissey of the same. But then BB has never been good at that pesky self-awareness thing - as his mention of Morrissey's "bizarre demented ramblings" makes plain; has BB never read his own posts on here...?

Funny how a few of the trolls are now reluctantly conceding that they like "some" of his music... but that still doesn't plausibly explain the amount of time they spend here reading, writing and sneering, given how much else they profess to dislike about the man. Must try harder.

I've been fulsome in my praise of WPINOYB since it first emerged, nothing 'reluctant' about it. However, I'm able to live with complexity, such as finding the music engaging whilst being either appalled or amused by the ludicrous Diva rantings and behaviour of one of the people involved in making that music. Really, it's not complicated. Most of the time I spend here is following the silly spats between people like CG/RB so don't think that time spend on this site is necessarily spend pondering the Diva Moz. And you can only watch so many repeats of Pointless and Big Bang Theory. Plus, my dog has got cancer so i'm spending a lot of time with him.

best
BB

Morrissey holds a UK passport. He's a resident.

No he's not a resident for UK taxation. That's why he flits from LA to Sweden to Switzerland. He's probably registered for tax in Luxembourg or the Caymans. Why doesn't any interviewer ask him?

He holds an Irish passport as well and lived there when it was zero-rated for tax on 'artists'. Then he pissed off. Haven't you read 'Autobiography'? He's quite shameless about duckin'n'diving from the UK tax office. Still, at least it means 'that drummer' can't get hold of his wonga.

best
BB

Tags
gig review louderthanwar morrissey o2 london
Back
Top Bottom