London - O2 Arena (Nov. 29, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / Smiler With Knife / The Bullfighter Dies / Trouble Loves Me / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / Meat Is Murder / Scandinavia / Kick The Bride Down The Aisle / I'm Not A Man / Speedway // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by @mswro2012 / Twitter, link posted by Hand in Hand-Shoe.

Last edited:
Johnny Barleycorn, please stop hijacking post-show thread.

Tonight's show was really excellent.

Yes, I saw many people in upper circle.

After "Trouble Loves Me" Morrissey introduced the band members.
I'm so pleased that he introduced Boz as "Boz Boorer from Balls Pond Road" because it's just few minutes walk where I live.

At the end of Speedway if my eyes were right, M23 was briefly pulled out and got a hand shake.
During the silence part of Speedway, people made a lot of noise, so he didn't recite anything.
Congratulations to someone who managed to throw a portrait on stage.

The setlist was mainly from World Peace Is None of Your Business because Morrissey is not a nostalgia act.
He is touring for promoting his latest work.

Also Anna Calvi was fantastic.
Really enjoyed her set.
Isn't M23 aka Hugh the one who grassed David T and gave security pictures of the Mods on here.
He needs to piss off to Rangers
Grassing is not the Celtic I know.

I love the fact that almost the entire set list is his fantastic new album. If he doesn't get radio or record company promotion, the only way is self-promotion and he's doing a fine job of putting these new songs out there the only way that he can (right now).

I'm all for healthy debate and I am in no way advocating a site where all everyone does is praise every little thing the man does. That pisses me off too when people think he could fart in a jar and sell it on ebay and they'd buy it for $10k. But there is a definite happy medium between outright worshipping fanaticism and outright trolling hate. It seems you favour the latter and have no interest in finding balance

Sorry for fullfilling rather the first definition. But I trust Morrissey to keep his most basic physical needs to himself.

I was expecting more classics , the old ones from the smith's or more well-known, it was a pity!...in any case It was a pleasure to meet him....

I love the fact that almost the entire set list is his fantastic new album. If he doesn't get radio or record company promotion, the only way is self-promotion and he's doing a fine job of putting these new songs out there the only way that he can (right now).

Yeah, I totally agree. Maybe I'd feel differently if I'd never seen Moz live before, but after 23 years of going to his shows I am THRILLED that he hasn't fallen into that trap of playing the same "safe" sets over and over again. WPINOYB is his best work in a very long time, and I think it's fantastic that Morrissey is enjoying singing them in a live setting. I only hope I get a chance to see them played in 2015...would love if he'd be so kind to add in 'Art Hounds,' too...

lol "Don't post hijack" thats rich considering every single f***ing thread that is posted here you just let divulge into the same old arguments. Someone comes along and calls for a little bit of order and stability and its the only one you have a go at. Weak. Just goes to show the agenda of yourself and David who want this place to be an absolute shit storm as a way of getting back at Morrissey.

I'm all for healthy debate and I am in no way advocating a site where all everyone does is praise every little thing the man does. That pisses me off too when people think he could fart in a jar and sell it on ebay and they'd buy it for $10k. But there is a definite happy medium between outright worshipping fanaticism and outright trolling hate. It seems you favour the latter and have no interest in finding balance.

Point is, I don't see how what he said warrants your response where you love to throw your weight around when on any given day you see posts on here saying some pretty deplorable stuff and you don't say a word. You got no credibility anymore.

Not actually true = Kewpie called for Johhny Barleycorn to stop hijacking threads too. It's Barleycunt and his ilk that cause the shit storms like the sad little trolls they are. It would only need about 5 people to banned from here to restore a sense of perspective/order (and no, that wouldn't mean an avalanche of Moz-can-do-no-wrong bullshit). Most websites regard banning trolls as a benign housekeeping exercise; bizzarely, davidt regards such a move as a hateful attack on freedom of speech - or maybe he just says that because the anti-Moz trolling suits him fine? You can bet your life that any trolls who attacked HIM as extensively as they attack Moz WOULD be banned.

Having seen Morrissey on every UK visit for the last 30 years I was pleased to hear the new album performed and not a rehashed collection of the greatest hits. The venue was pretty much full up but a third of these seats were filled by late arriving punters as he performed the first song. Highlights were the trashing of the drum kit and a very emotional "Asleep" during the encore. I wonder if this could be his very last UK show ever.

Has he ever said this was his last UK show? No, so a top. Ring stupid and spreading rumors.

Of course, I can understand that a new fan would be excited to hear a few Smiths classics for the very first time in a live setting. But the fact the entire set list is almost the entire new album must mean he is darn proud of it and enjoys sharing these songs.

Yeah, I totally agree. Maybe I'd feel differently if I'd never seen Moz live before, but after 23 years of going to his shows I am THRILLED that he hasn't fallen into that trap of playing the same "safe" sets over and over again. WPINOYB is his best work in a very long time, and I think it's fantastic that Morrissey is enjoying singing them in a live setting. I only hope I get a chance to see them played in 2015...would love if he'd be so kind to add in 'Art Hounds,' too...

So true. The album is a masterpiece. And it was fantastic to see him played many songs live from the album.

Great gig last night, Moz was superb. I left with an uneasy feeling though that he was criptically prepared us for a goodbye with the 'remember me' line.
I've attended every tour since the last Smiths tour and I so hope this isn't the last as he obviously has so much still to give us.

You see, you guys, you are the result of hundreds of millions of years of evolution. You have been given the miraculous gift of life, consciousness and self awareness. However, you elect to spend your time on an internet fan forum lying about the attendance at a pop concert. You have to realise the extent of your jealousy, loneliness and life force slipping through your fingers and take action. You have to also realise your lie can be disproved with a cursory glance at youtube, twitter or by anyone actually at the show and look deep inside yourselves at why you feel compelled to do this and what it says about your mental capacity. For the sake of your brain health you need to prioritise intellectually becoming an adult. You have to urgently redirect your energy to positive contribution or you will just die as the guys that pissed away their lives on the fansite of a pop singer they didn't even like. this would be a ridiculous outcome and I urge you to avoid it. Rise up my friends and go and be a positive force in the world. You won't get another go at this and you are letting yourselves, your family and fellow citizens down in a massive and miserable fashion.

he disrespected President Obama, not clever.

im surprised at the somewhat violent/intolerant nature of Moz fanbase. Moz talks pony and if you point out the very shortcomings of most of his utterances, you are to be removed from the venue? or challanged to a beat down? world peace is none of your business, maybe was meant to be ambiguous.

Not actually true = Kewpie called for Johhny Barleycorn to stop hijacking threads too. It's Barleycunt and his ilk that cause the shit storms like the sad little trolls they are. It would only need about 5 people to banned from here to restore a sense of perspective/order (and no, that wouldn't mean an avalanche of Moz-can-do-no-wrong bullshit). Most websites regard banning trolls as a benign housekeeping exercise; bizzarely, davidt regards such a move as a hateful attack on freedom of speech - or maybe he just says that because the anti-Moz trolling suits him fine? You can bet your life that any trolls who attacked HIM as extensively as they attack Moz WOULD be banned.

So get us banned, Anon. You can post a poll for the five people you wish to get banned, then you can take the results to mods for a decision. Easy.

Until then I'm afraid you will have to endure opinions you disagree with, such as World Peace is an album which has got every bit of the attention it has deserved and the Pinocchio of Pop should learn to base his political diatribes on fact, rather than his ill-informed, arrogant prejudices.

I arrived back home at 3am this morning, positively hyped with adrenalin. Morrissey was at his absolute best last night - time shows no evidence of eroding his genius. If I were to have one complaint, and I fear I'm in a minority here, it was Anna Calvi on support. I thought she was poor. It smacked of a girl hiding behind a sea of distortion and feedback to mask the fact that she isn't actually very good at playing the guitar...

I had a ball last night as the new stuff sounds much better live than on record, and those fans going along expecting something different need only have looked at the set lists during this tour, 11 songs from WBINOYB pretty much every night.
I'm Not A Man was sensational, ditto Scandinavia and Kiss Me A Lot. I don't care for The Bullfighter Dies, and the live version hasn't changed my mind one bit.
I was with friends, and a fair-weather fan of a GF, and I did warn them all well in advance that new stuff would take up the lions share of the night...i have zero sympathy for them. This isn't a one-off like the MSP Christmas Singles show at the O2 a couple of years back, this is just one date, part of an album tour, so I don't see the problem.

So get us banned, Anon. You can post a poll for the five people you wish to get banned, then you can take the results to mods for a decision. Easy.

Until then I'm afraid you will have to endure opinions you disagree with, such as World Peace is an album which has got every bit of the attention it has deserved and the Pinocchio of Pop should learn to base his political diatribes on fact, rather than his ill-informed, arrogant prejudices.

jb.jpg

Attachments

• jb.jpg
    jb.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 2
I arrived back home at 3am this morning, positively hyped with adrenalin. Morrissey was at his absolute best last night - time shows no evidence of eroding his genius. If I were to have one complaint, and I fear I'm in a minority here, it was Anna Calvi on support. I thought she was poor. It smacked of a girl hiding behind a sea of distortion and feedback to mask the fact that she isn't actually very good at playing the guitar...

As for Morrissey's performance last night, all of the effusive fan reports are making me very sorry I missed this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tags
gig review louderthanwar morrissey o2 london

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom