London - The SSE Arena Wembley (Mar. 14, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

London / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / Satan Rejected My Soul / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / Once I Saw The River Clean / Half A Person / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Home Is A Question Mark / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Wedding Bell Blues / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage // Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of @NealCassidy

Last edited:
sorry but dont agree , he is on top . Voice as good as ever and i couldnt wait to get in and see him and all those people saying it shouldnt have taken place well bollocks to you. If you dont want to go then dont go but dont stop others who do. Radio stations wont play his stuff and the press cant wait to persecute him . You just cant have an opinion anymore . Long Live Morrissey

Not when that opinion is linked to support for a party that practice hate and have links to hate groups around europe and have holocaust deniers amongst their midst. Radio stations surely also have the right to have opinions too? The danger of going to mass gatherings at this time is that it will increase the spread of this virus which although may not affect you that much, could be passed on to others who may become seriously ill. It is irresponsible.

He said this Country had lost its identity , does that make him a racist because if it does then i must be a racist too. This country has gone down the pan and most of us know it but if you say anything your put in the racist box despite the fact that a large majority of people think the same.
Im sick and tired of the same old shit coming from the press about Morrissey , regardless of what the press says he will also be an Icon to me.

The son of Irish immigrants blaming the state of the country on immigrants. Right. We have lived in a multi cultural country for sooooooo long. It is something most people celebrate.

In response to Mozmar, it certainly felt like Morrissey was raising the stakes. I was at the MEN in 2004 where he embraced the crowd and the seated were on their feet (that was my first ever arena sized gig—I generally prefer smaller venues).

Saturday was a divisive invitation from Morrissey to take sides, with a set list that left those around me looking confused and alienated.

The brilliance of the night, perhaps, is the way it allowed Morrissey to control a narrative: us versus them. I might even say that it felt like he wanted an esoteric collusion: he seemed intimate with those near the front, but he rarely looked beyond them. I, however, have a family these days, and I have limited energy to enjoy a test of loyalty—which is what it felt like he was doing.

I genuinely felt frustrated for those sat around me. For me, audience responses beyond the few hundred at the front help gauge how I judge a gig.

In a nutshell: That venue wasn’t right for that set list. Way too big (and ‘cold’) save for its enormous capacity to allow Morrissey to make a rather large point. That felt like the priority.

I think, that will be the last time I attend an arena size Morrissey gig.

I’m looking forward to the album, and I’m absolutely loving the song Knockabout World.

Give this a gawp. Has Hofman removed his like?

Does anyone know the name of the female Latin artist on the screen that was singing before Morrissey came on? Much appreciated.
Tu Falta De Querer by Mon Laferte:
I have posted the full list of pre-show videos in the Cologne thread.

Anyone know the name of the Patti Smith song that was played before the gig last night?
Anyone know the Patti Smith song played before the gig last night?
Piss Factory by Patti Smith

The setlist debates seem to come up in every thread for every show. Most performing artists who are still producing new material naturally play mainly songs from their most recent albums. Morrissey is no different and his setlists have always been dominated by songs from recent albums. 9 out of 16 songs on Beethoven was Deaf (recorded from London and Paris shows two days apart in 1992) are from Your Arsenal and there are zero Smiths songs. This tour was even advertised as being in promotion of I Am Not a Dog on a Chain. There's no deep, hidden, loyalty-testing statement here. He's just playing mainly his most recent songs, with some well-chosen picks from the back catalogue.

Whether you like the more recent songs or not is a different question and can be debated, but the choice of mainly recent songs shouldn't be a surprise. From my view at the front, at least, I saw many fans perfectly happy to hear LIHS and California Sun songs and even singing along all the words to I Am Not A Dog on a Chain songs that have only been performed once or twice before.

Artists are constantly trying new things. Could we even imagine someone with undeniable gifts of creativity like Morrissey keeping the same sound and style over the course of a 38 year-long career? There are many times I wish I had been of age in the 80's and 90's to have seen The Smiths and Morrissey perform those songs then, but I can hardly blame him for doing something new.

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

London / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / Satan Rejected My Soul / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / Once I Saw The River Clean / Half A Person / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Home Is A Question Mark / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Wedding Bell Blues / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage // Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of @NealCassidy

Travelled down from Manchester for the gig, have deffo caught Coronavirus staying in London for 3 days but it was worth it! Soo glad it didn't get cancelled ?
Loved the 'You are the Quarantined ' pics

Cuando publican mis escritos tal vez se sintio incomodo lo que dije que no sale .....mmmm??????????

Journalists who lie....

Me encanta Moz y su nuevo album pero :Moz reflexiona no estuvo bueno toser o estornudar en tu show de Londres ,hay que ser mas cuidadoso y guardar las formas no subestimes al nuevo corovavirus variante o cepa mutante que paso de un animal al ser humano ,en todo caso me hubiera gustado que te metas con los chinos y sus habitos de mierda,ahora hay miles de muertos y habra cientos de miles en todo el mundo que seran infectados y quedaran con una calidad de vida deficiente y NADIE NADIE ESTA EXCENTO!!!! REFLEXION HOMBRE QUERIDO Y TALENTOSO REFLEXION❤????❤☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

No lo publicaron ,dije que los paises que invadieron colonizaron a otros ahora se les esta volviendo en contra lo que hicieron ...sometieron a necesidades primarias y ahora ellos buscan alguna forma de salvacion ,los invaden efecto boomerang ..

Travelled down from Manchester for the gig, have deffo caught Coronavirus staying in London for 3 days but it was worth it! Soo glad it didn't get cancelled ?
Loved the 'You are the Quarantined ' pics

Good luck with the possible permanent fibrosis it has been causing and hopefully you didn't pass it onto people with health issues on the way.

The problem is the pacing and enthusiasm he puts into it. Compare his set lists and the level of perfomance latter day Bowie put into his gigs at roughly the same age.......it's chalk and cheese.

If Moz did the thing that Bowie / Depeche / PSB / etc did, his setlist would look like :

2 new songs
3 hits
1 obscure old song
1 new song
8 hits
-
1 new song / 1 obscure old song
2 hits
-

But he never will, he never will, he never will.

Tambien dije y no publicaron que el anonimo le contesto bien a Stephen Hof guau se la dijo ..la concentracion economica en manos de unos pocos ,,los MONOPOLIOS ,me suena .. todo esto esta sucediendo en todas partes, fue interesante el analisis que hizo anonimo,debo reconocer que tiene bastante razon ,nada es puro todas las razas se han mezclado y todo cambia ,algunas cosas no gustan pero son un hecho y basicamente todos somos seres humanos y terminaremos de la misma forma BARRO TAL VEZ ......!!!!!!!!

why do people moan when M plays the same songs but if he did a dozen smiths songs every night of a tour people would be happy,just don't get it.i lived through the smiths being 23 when they split,i will take Ms output over the smiths any day of the week.

Good luck with the possible permanent fibrosis it has been causing and hopefully you didn't pass it onto people with health issues on the way.
I touched almost every hand rail on the tube/train and was staying in Kensington ( a virus hotspot).
Morrissey was coughing and spluttering into the crowd all night anyway.
Seeing Morrissey was more important to me than worrying about viruses. I'm 46 and not had chance to see him live before.
Leprosy wouldn't have stopped me going through. .
"They were old and they would have died anyway" ;)

I touched almost every hand rail on the tube/train and was staying in Kensington ( a virus hotspot).
Seeing Morrissey was more important to me than worrying about viruses. I'm 46 and not had chance to see him live before.

Except young people who are getting it and getting respiratory issues are getting lung scarring and cases of ipf occuring in youngsters which is irreparable and they may have decreased lung capacity and life long breathing issues. Not just old people.

Lol pass me the 3 bar fire...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom