London - The SSE Arena Wembley (Mar. 14, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

London / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / Satan Rejected My Soul / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / Once I Saw The River Clean / Half A Person / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Home Is A Question Mark / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Wedding Bell Blues / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage // Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of @NealCassidy

Last edited:
and you say football is going away?

I'm trying to understand your statement backing the idea when Morrissey said Britain's identity has been lost.

I have asked you to name what is that identity and how it is lost.

You have mentioned a pub closing and blamed it on Muslims when I would think is more to do with pubs being in financial difficulties and have been for years due to being undercut by the likes of Wetherspoons and supermarket prices and reduction in pub attendances.

You mentioned 50s film and music. But I am sure they are still there if people want to be interested in them. Plenty on streaming services and I often see 50s films on tv.

Anything else because it all seems a little weak in backing the argument that the UK's identity has been lost?

You dispute the likes of British reggae artists or the likes of Stormzy are actually part of UK culture but don't really understand why you say that because you haven't explained. It is made in Britain and has a movement/following within British youth culture.

If you asked the fans of Stormzy who Norman Wisdom or Arthur Lowe or Herman's Hermits were....what response would you get? There are vast swathes of youtube videos where kids are listening to things like Led Zep for the first time. This is the age of cultural ignorance.

The setlist debates seem to come up in every thread for every show. Most performing artists who are still producing new material naturally play mainly songs from their most recent albums. Morrissey is no different and his setlists have always been dominated by songs from recent albums. 9 out of 16 songs on Beethoven was Deaf (recorded from London and Paris shows two days apart in 1992) are from Your Arsenal and there are zero Smiths songs. This tour was even advertised as being in promotion of I Am Not a Dog on a Chain. There's no deep, hidden, loyalty-testing statement here. He's just playing mainly his most recent songs, with some well-chosen picks from the back catalogue.

Whether you like the more recent songs or not is a different question and can be debated, but the choice of mainly recent songs shouldn't be a surprise. From my view at the front, at least, I saw many fans perfectly happy to hear LIHS and California Sun songs and even singing along all the words to I Am Not A Dog on a Chain songs that have only been performed once or twice before.

Artists are constantly trying new things. Could we even imagine someone with undeniable gifts of creativity like Morrissey keeping the same sound and style over the course of a 38 year-long career? There are many times I wish I had been of age in the 80's and 90's to have seen The Smiths and Morrissey perform those songs then, but I can hardly blame him for doing something new.

Same.

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

London / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / Satan Rejected My Soul / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / Once I Saw The River Clean / Half A Person / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Home Is A Question Mark / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Wedding Bell Blues / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage // Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of @NealCassidy

My video of intro Skeeter Davis' The End of the world and LONDON

hey Gang,

I'm a casual Morrissey fan and I went to the show on Saturday and wrote a review which you might enjoy, or hate:

Let me know if you like it, or if you think it's a load of shite, then give me both barrels. I'm a big boy I can take it.

hey Gang,

I'm a casual Morrissey fan and I went to the show on Saturday and wrote a review which you might enjoy, or hate:

Let me know if you like it, or if you think it's a load of shite, then give me both barrels. I'm a big boy I can take it.
#METOO
I was there too, you deffo made the right choice by going ??

Is there any chance we could get back to talking about the gig instead of this hate-fuelling tit for tat shit?

I touched almost every hand rail on the tube/train and was staying in Kensington ( a virus hotspot).
Morrissey was coughing and spluttering into the crowd all night anyway.
Seeing Morrissey was more important to me than worrying about viruses. I'm 46 and not had chance to see him live before.
Leprosy wouldn't have stopped me going through. .
"They were old and they would have died anyway" ;)
Que inconsciente e ignorante a la vez, estoy en Argentina aca pocos casos pero estan cerrando todo para no cometer los mismos errores q Italia España.y a aqui llegan noticias que reciben los medicos que tienen amistades en Inglaterra y lo que se dice es que en England estan subestimando todo y que no toman las medidas,creen que porque estan en una isla no va a pasar nada pero este virus se va a expandir y deben cuidarse a tomar conciencia ingleses cuidensee !!!!!!

Good luck with the possible permanent fibrosis it has been causing and hopefully you didn't pass it onto people with health issues on the way.
SI ES ASI DESGRACIADAMENTE ESTE VIRUS ES ALGO SERIO AL CURARSE LAS PERSONAS ,SI ES QUE NO MUEREN ,QUEDAN CON UNA DISMINUCION DE LA FUNCION PULMONAR = FIBROSIS ESTO QUIERE DECIR QUE PARTE DEL TEJIDO FUNCIONAL PULMONAR,LLAMADO PARENQUIMA ES REEMPLAZADO POR UNA FIBROSIS QUE ES TEJIDO NO FUNCIONAL ,QUE NO SIRVE PARA NADA ,ESO PASA EN UN 20 A 30 POR CIENTO ,POR CUAL EL PULMON PIERDE UN 20 A 30 POR CIENTO DE SU CAPACIDAD FUNCIONAL DANDO COMO CONSECUENCIA UNA CALIDAD DE VIDA DISMINUIDA EN LAS PERSONAS Q SE CURARON Y SI ESTAS PERSONAS FUMAN ESMUCHO PEOR ,Y ESTO PASA CUALQUIER GRUPO ETARIO ES SERIO REALMENTE A CUIDARSE!!!

Is there any chance we could get back to talking about the gig instead of this hate-fuelling tit for tat shit?
Don’t be paranoid. Muslims have been here for 3 centuries. These views of hate and paranoid delusion I suspect make your life very restrained and unhappy. Tommy Robinson supports multi culturalism. Wow. Had to pick myself off the floor at that one.
Don’t expect too much from some on display here, @An Actual Morrissey Fan. You could talk about an old episode of ‘Mary, Mungo & Midge,’ yet certain elements will dredge up their tired and boring ethnofascist nonsense. They’re that hardwired.

Just let you know I moved irrelevant discussions to off-topic.
Carry on talking in there, thanks.

Can we get back to the discussion over the London gig and how irresponsible it was

You should be aware that Morrissey has never been a crowd-pleasing karaoke jukebox churning out Smiths hits for casual one-time fans.......

The opportunity to hear songs like At Amber, Half A Person, Seasick, Yet Still Docked, I’ve Changed My Plea To Guilty are worth the price of admission alone, in my opinion.
Brilliant post. I 100% agree. I'd LOVE to hear I've Changed My Plea To Guilty live. I think the setlist is very interesting. Maybe drop the California Son song(s) and throw in Headmaster Ritual.

Brilliant post. I 100% agree. I'd LOVE to hear I've Changed My Plea To Guilty live. I think the setlist is very interesting. Maybe drop the California Son song(s) and throw in Headmaster Ritual.

I’d agree that the middle section of World Peace/If You Dont’t Like Me/Munich/Paris could do with a bit of a shake up, but overall the set is fantastic.

I’d agree that the middle section of World Peace/If You Dont’t Like Me/Munich/Paris could do with a bit of a shake up, but overall the set is fantastic.

I wish he'd do a b-sides or Swords tour but just wishful thinking.

I can't believe Morrissey is risking his life in this way. Please, that someone close to him lock Morrissey and do not let him out until everything is over. Use a chain if it's necessary.

Meeting people in Knightsbridge. I hope they spoke English cause you know he hates all those foreign accents when he goes on his Harrod’s shopping spree buying that piece of England, we’ll piece of Arabia.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom