London - The SSE Arena Wembley (Mar. 14, 2020) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

London / I Wish You Lonely / Jim Jim Falls / Satan Rejected My Soul / At Amber / Morning Starship / Lady Willpower / Once I Saw The River Clean / Half A Person / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Love Is On Its Way Out / Back On The Chain Gang / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / Home Is A Question Mark / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Wedding Bell Blues / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage // Irish Blood, English Heart / Jack The Ripper

Setlist courtesy of @NealCassidy

Last edited:
you obviously didn't see ferry 7 or 8 years ago when his voice was terrible,you could hardly even here him and iv always been a roxy,ferry fan.
You obviously didn’t see Ferry seven or eight years ago when his voice was terrible. You could hardly hear him. Also, I’ve always been a Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry fan.

The impression I get from reading this post is you are crying out loud for a nice Take That concert with a wonderful light show. Aren't Westlife still touring also?

No not at all.
I’ve seen him at his best and Leeds (can’t say London I wasn’t there) was the absolute worst ever. London sounds very similar.

?? :knife:

£7.20 for a pint,ouch that's got to hurt.seen ferry many times,two very different artists so its hard to compare.

If I’m ever asked to pay that much for a beer, at a gig, again. I’m walking straight out. It’s a bad omen.

One has a grip, the other doesn’t.
But Hovis, is that new? To what further extent did Morrissey used to involve the audience?
Isn't it just that the new songs don't mean as much to you as previous material?
Also, yes the venue is too big, even if sold out, I think that's the one thing everyone on here agrees with

The moans are all pointless.

It was a great gig. All he needs is himself & a band. He can get an audience at short notice, with very little marketing, at a time he's demonized & during a pandemic. And the whole of London was open, so every theatre/pub/club/school/shop/office & mode of public transport is irresponsible not just Morrissey, if that's what you believe.

Short notice?

Get over it.
The blinkers are falling off, people are getting wise to it all now.
The past is the past.
These venues are far to big for him now.
Ditched by the label’s he can’t afford decent Stage, Support act, Lights, Screens, etc.

Its all gone “Basic Budget Airline” or shall we just say Ryanair.
Just look at the package.
Video support act
A smoke machine
Lots of shit merch
Black curtains
Performing covers
A projector showing images created by fans on their iPhone.
If only he could charge you all for taking a piss :laughing:

Sorry but he should have gone out when he was on top.
It all looks sad and cringe.

?? :knife:
Benjamin its the hope that will eventually kill you.
fantastic album.
3 great concerts in the last 8 days.
hes not had a support act in a long time.
the lighting looked good on the clips iv seen.
record deal is coming to a natural end which is what the contract will have stated when it was signed.
I will agree these venues are too big for him now,go back to the intimate 2000 seaters.
benj do what you do best and flog sausages at the market.

fantastic album.
record deal is coming to a natural end which is what the contract will have stated when it was signed.
I will agree these venues are too big for him now,go back to the intimate 2000 seaters.
Benjamin, it’s the hope that will eventually kill you.
Fantastic album.
Three great concerts in the last eight days.
He’s not had a support act in a long time.
The lighting looked good on the clips I’ve seen.
His record deal is coming to a natural end, which is what the contract will have stated when it was signed.
I will agree these venues are too big for him now. He needs to go back to the intimate 2000 seaters.
Benjamin, do what you do best and sell sausages at the market.

You obviously didn’t see Ferry seven or eight years ago when his voice was terrible. You could hardly hear him. Also, I’ve always been a Roxy Music/Bryan Ferry fan.
wank,hows that for spelling.

Is this something he said during the show? and in what context?
It's a quote from the Dracula (1931) clip shown before the concert. He already did that in Cologne during Jack The Ripper, but yesterday he recited almost the complete monologue from the clip.
Very dramatic. It's so much fun to see how Jack The Ripper keeps evolving into a piece of performance art ?

Last night was brilliant, so many highlights and such a great encore. Leeds was great but last night was better.
For those like myself, who were't there,what were your top three highlights?
It seems that Morrissey's detractors were wrong, bad press,corona virus and bad attitudes from former "fans/friends" weren't enough to stop him People keep talking about his age like he's turned into an old person overnight once he hit 60. He's got more energy, presence and will from what I see in his recent concert footage. And as for his voice!
I'm looking forward to seeing more concert footage later and thanks for your input. It's great to hear the truth from fans.

One has a grip, the other doesn’t. I’m not necessarily being critical when I say that, but it’s a risky business being belligerent. Last night was a failure. It wasn’t even bad enough to be recovered as a ‘splendid defeat’. I’ve had similar experiences: Sex Pistols at Crystal Palace (2003?) was cobblers in much the same way.

I think you just had a bad seat. I loved the sheer cheek of the man. He's a bombastic torch song singer. Which is a very unusual thing.

Why is it in bad taste to show a fan-made pic of Moz wearing a mask?

People all over the world are wearing them. Are they all behaving in bad taste, too?

Get a grip.

I honestly didn't notice it. I could swear it was the normal picture.

He made one joke cough as far as I can recall & it was funny.

Wee mention of Moz. I wish they'd give up citing For Britain, I think he's quietly moving on from that - but it acknowledges his fanbase is so devoted that he won't be cancelled.

Why is it in bad taste to show a fan-made pic of Moz wearing a mask?

People all over the world are wearing them. Are they all behaving in bad taste, too?

Get a grip.
You're the one who needs to get a grip. It's just Morrissey not taking this virus seriously and basically mocking it. It has nothing to do with other people wearing masks. The only way to stem the tide of this virus is to not gather in large crowds. If you can't see that you're pretty thick.

Wee mention of Moz. I wish they'd give up citing For Britain, I think he's quietly moving on from that - but it acknowledges his fanbase is so devoted that he won't be cancelled.

WTF is so bad about For Britain anyway? Nothing.

fantastic album.

That venue is horrendous. It’s a brutalist monstrosity. But artists can rightly be criticised if they choose the wrong context for their productions. It’s hard to imagine a worse space for Morrissey’s set list last night.

I’ve seen 21 Pilots at the SSE, and they made it work for them.

Live concert ticket prices verge on extortion these days. If you have a poor experience, it’s hard to forget. Morrissey’s attitude has been ‘who’ll have me?’ I would suggest he needs to acknowledge the whole, and hand pick venues appropriate for the set list, or change the music.

I saw Frankie Valli 18 months ago: he was utterly electric. It’s impossible to overstate what a consummate artist he is to this day. And I think he was 85 when he played, at Cardiff.

When the Stone Roses played Leeds, a few years back, it was mesmerising.

Belle and Sebastian have evolved into a beautiful live band.

Peter Hook has a live warmth that defies his public image; fans get added value from his live sets.

I took my daughter to see Imagine Dragons, and it was wonderful to see her being pulled into their world.

I should be able to say all these things about Morrissey. As control freaks go, he’s f***ing losing it.

A beautiful ballad like Jack the Ripper doesn’t need dry ice to conjure up the idea of fog. For f***s sake.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom