Lonely Christmas Ad - SNL - Featuring: "Please, Please, Please..." (cover by Slow Moving Millie)

Last edited by a moderator:
why cant they just use the actual song,for years on here iv been going on about adverts having a female singer of an old song which is always slowed right down,latest one being the human league singer phil oakeys together in electric dreams.never been a fan of american comedy,always tries to be too clever.sketch drags a bit.

I think it's funny and the singer's voice is nice but obviously I'd prefer if they used the original song. I find that a huge amount of Smiths cover versions are slowed down "isn't my voice really cute" affectations. I'd prefer to never hear a cover version again cos they all sound the same, especially by female singers. That probably sounds chauvinistic. Bear in mind some of my fav singers/artists are female: Siouxsie, Kate Bush, Sonya from Echobelly, etc. I'm just talking about cover versions. I also find most male cover versions of Smiths songs to be total crap, now that I think of it.

Last edited:
I think it's funny and the singer's voice is nice but obviously I'd prefer if they used the original song. I find that a huge amount of Smiths cover versions are slowed down "isn't my voice really cute" affectations. I'd prefer to never hear a cover version again cos they all sound the same, especially by female singers. That probably sounds chauvinistic. Bear in mind some of my fav singers/artists are female: Siouxsie, Kate Bush, Sonya from Echobelly, etc. I'm just talking about cover versions. I also find most male cover versions of Smiths songs to be total crap, now that I think of it.
bow wow wows cover of i started something isnt slowed down and is really good.bet most people havent heard it.

They can't just reuse an existing song without significant licensing fees, and the original band have to agree. Do you think Morrissey is going to permit that, on short notice? (SNL sketches are written, shot, and aired within 5-6 days so there would be no time for a band to bicker and negotiate.) Using a cover is going to be cheaper and simpler by far, and while a royalty to the songwriters must be paid, they can't put a spanner in the process.

Listening and listening and thinking what an impressive singer MORRISSEY is !!!!!!! Moz at the unattainable topI like that version, but I'm still reflecting on how prominent Moz is!!! My special singer is why every day I admire you more!!! VIVa MOZ AND ME!!!

A character in an SNL sketch is antisemitic and racist and guess whose lyrics they chose to use? Morrissey's of course! Please, please, please tell me that you got that...

A character in an SNL sketch is antisemitic and racist and guess whose lyrics they chose to use? Morrissey's of course! Please, please, please tell me that you got that...

I think it's more of a nod to Johnny Marr who played on Billie's Bond theme song.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom