Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl (Nov. 10, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Glamorous Glue / I Wish You Lonely / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Kiss Me A Lot / When You Open Your Legs / How Soon Is Now? / Spent The Day In Bed / The Bullfighter Dies / Jack The Ripper / Home Is A Question Mark / My Love, I'd Do Anything For You / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / All The Young People Must Fall In Love / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // Suedehead / Shoplifters Of The World Unite

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

Last edited:
Do You think that Morrissey will sing the Rest Of the new album Tonight ?

.[/QUOTE]

No, meant he doesn't sing the end of WPINOYB now (is Mando the one who finishes Speedway? He finished WPINOYB). Is this new on this tour? He ended the concert with Shoplifters.

This isn't new - at Galen NYE in 2015? I believe its Gustavo who sings "Paz mondial es asunto que no te concierne" forgive spelling errors...

edited to add: I think this was addressed in previous posts.

Last edited:
Technically it was sold out though as all the tickets have been bought, (by a mixture of fans and re sale agents) however it wasn't 100% attended.

no show is ever 100% attended. Someone's gotta stay home and keep the kettle warm. :D

I was talking about Morrissey's cat. ;)
Now how's a cat to mind the kettle? Cat's got no thumbs! Well, my cat has thumbs, but she's a polydactyl with 2-3 extra toes per paw, and I still wouldn't trust her with the stove.

Now how's a cat to mind the kettle? Cat's got no thumbs! Well, my cat has thumbs, but she's a polydactyl with 2-3 extra toes per paw, and I still wouldn't trust her with the stove.

poly dactyl ? you may not trust her with the stove, but maybe she can open for Morrissey. :)

It's a large venue (17,500 capacity), i'd estimate it was 95% full last night. There were lots of seats available on re-sale sites suggesting 5% remained unsold for Friday and there's plenty available for tonight's show too which I'd estimate at currently 90% sold. The unsold seats were evenly spaced across the venue rather than entire blocks (which is where the Black Curtains will come in useful in the UK arena tour next year). So, that's around 35,000 sold over 2 nights. Hardly record-breaking compared to the likes of U2/Taylor Swift in LA, but a very respectable box-office for a C-List 'legacy' artist. It's revealing that even the award by 'Official Los Angeles' didn't mean 'Morrissey Day' was a completely sold-out show as 'casual' punters presumably were put-off by the 'legendary' pricing for tickets....

I hope this information is helpful to you.

best wishes
BB

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/266855/u2s-rose-bowl-show-breaks-attendance-record
Seriously, you have to REALLY want to see someone to head to a show at the Bowl, in November no less. You need to allow at least one to two hours hour of misery getting in. Either struggling to park , riding with the unwashed on the park and ride buses or parking a mile or so away. Then a miserable walk up a steep hill crowded with masses that are just as irritated by it all as you are
It makes the Ally Pally seem like heading to the corner Pub by comparison. Not to mention since its a wind-sheltered area, it was probably under 50 f in the stands at showtime.

Seriously, you have to REALLY want to see someone to head to a show at the Bowl, in November no less. You need to allow at least one to two hours hour of misery getting in. Either struggling to park , riding with the unwashed on the park and ride buses or parking a mile or so away. Then a miserable walk up a steep hill crowded with masses that are just as irritated by it all as you are
It makes the Ally Pally seem like heading to the corner Pub by comparison. Not to mention since its a wind-sheltered area, it was probably under 50 f in the stands at showtime.

the things people do to see Morrissey ! :)

though as we all know.... a LIVING LEGEND !!!:rock:

Were those berets and red smiling face pin an attire for the Veterans day?
Sneaky cat.

So just to break it all down then.

22 songs in total =
7 new
6 covers
9 going through the motions chug along oldies

Plus a huge amount of top dollar tatty merchandise and a mugging on the ticket price for the fun of it.

7 new songs out of 22 wow !

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Technically it was sold out though as all the tickets have been bought, (by a mixture of fans and re sale agents) however it wasn't 100% attended.

There's 444 tickets onsale now at Ticketmaster, not their 'Get Me In' re-sale site. And there's 389 available on Viagogo. There are other re-sale sites with more tickets. It isn't a sell-out tonight and wasn't last night. What this shows is that the scalpers/touts got it wrong & will be left with unsold tickets. Which is nice.

Gigs now routinely are listed as 'sold out' when they're not. The artists/promoters & ticket agencies are scamming, trying to create 'artificial scarcity'. They hold back tickets hoping to flog them for huge sums on official re-sales sites at inflated prices. Then if they fail to sell them all (as in this case) they return those tickets to the main selling site at the original prices. There's no doubt Morrissey can comfortably sell out a single night at the Hollywood Bowl but there is a great deal of doubt about any claim that he has sold out 2 nights in succession. The evidence is against that conclusion. There are loads of tickets for the second show and there were a fair few for the opening night. My original calculation of 95% for Fri and 90% for Saturday remains backed up by evidence. It' also clear that the public are recoiling from Morrissey's pricing strategies both in the US and the UK. Beyond 'the cult' there is real resistance to paying so much money for a 75 minute set from a singer who cannot project to a large audience as his stagecraft only really works in intimate venues. Even 'Morrissey Day' couldn't fill out both nights.

There's 444 tickets onsale now at Ticketmaster, not their 'Get Me In' re-sale site. And there's 389 available on Viagogo. There are other re-sale sites with more tickets. It isn't a sell-out tonight and wasn't last night. What this shows is that the scalpers/touts got it wrong & will be left with unsold tickets. Which is nice.

Gigs now routinely are listed as 'sold out' when they're not. The artists/promoters & ticket agencies are scamming, trying to create 'artificial scarcity'. They hold back tickets hoping to flog them for huge sums on official re-sales sites at inflated prices. Then if they fail to sell them all (as in this case) they return those tickets to the main selling site at the original prices. There's no doubt Morrissey can comfortably sell out a single night at the Hollywood Bowl but there is a great deal of doubt about any claim that he has sold out 2 nights in succession. The evidence is against that conclusion. There are loads of tickets for the second show and there were a fair few for the opening night. My original calculation of 95% for Fri and 90% for Saturday remains backed up by evidence. It' also clear that the public are recoiling from Morrissey's pricing strategies both in the US and the UK. Beyond 'the cult' there is real resistance to paying so much money for a 75 minute set from a singer who cannot project to a large audience as his stagecraft only really works in intimate venues. Even 'Morrissey Day' couldn't fill out both nights.

Yes I agree with you, however from a promoters perspective someone has paid for the majority of tickets, so they will probably be pleased that they have made good money from the shows, Morrissey may not be happy though if he sees empty spaces. Apparently trading standards are starting to get involved with some of the re sellers.

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...ffices-raided-in-ticket-touting-investigation

Has L.A. ever officially declared a day for another single artist?

Elvis? M.Jackson ? Sinatra? etc ?

a wonderful set btw ! , 50,000,000 Moz fans can't go wrong. :thumb:

On this day it's traditional to dress in wool and cashmere (preferably brown embellished with a peacock feather).
Make arrangements to gather with friends and family and then cancel all plans at the last minute and leave them hanging in the cold.
Tell lies all day long.
Eat lots of cheesy cheese
Sing the gimmick songs : C I M / Bullshit Dies

PSSST !
SHHHHSSSSSS !
Everyone's gathered at my front door now freezing their tits and knackers off, so I'm just going to tell them that the international space station has crashed into the back of my house and the whole thing is off for now, I'll arrange another date next year.

Happy bullshitter day everyone :thumb: stay safe and cheese friendly

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Benny will not be silenced.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom