Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl (Nov. 11, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / Alma Matters / When Last I Spoke To Carol / I Wish You Lonely / Ganglord / The Bullfighter Dies / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Suedehead / When You Open Your Legs / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / How Soon Is Now? / Back On The Chain Gang / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Spent The Day In Bed / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Not Sorry / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / Shoplifters Of The World Unite // Let Me Kiss You / Glamorous Glue

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

Last edited:
Well, really bummed the one night I attended was Friday. Sounds like Saturday was all around better whereas I left Friday's show unimpressed and disappointed. Oh well, looking forward to hearing the new album in its entirety.
I always prefer to hear the album a few weeks or months in advance of the concert so that I know it well. I remember back around '91 I was at Moz in Dublin (his second time as a solo artist in Ireland) and he played 'My Love Life' and it was the first time I'd heard it and it went over my head. Such a pity because I loved it when I heard it on CD later.

Tonight's (Saturday) footage - 27mins from the official FB page:

Sophia Loren attended - as seen on instagram stories:
View attachment 42766

Regards,
FWD.

tumblr_l911klTrWV1qz9agoo1_500.jpg

has_1920x1080_0_75.jpg

I think it's gonna be an album we can listen to over and over again without getting sick of it. It's going to be like a painting that reveals more the more you look at it.
It sounds like it's part YOR, part WPINOYB with a dash of YA and SG.

im still amazed that its being released on a Friday because albums and other media was always released on a Monday.maybe its a new thing.

im still amazed that its being released on a Friday because albums and other media was always released on a Monday.maybe its a new thing.
All the labels and distributors got together and agreed Friday would be the world-wide release day in beginning in mid-July of 2015. You really need to get out more often :)

I always prefer to hear the album a few weeks or months in advance of the concert so that I know it well. I remember back around '91 I was at Moz in Dublin (his second time as a solo artist in Ireland) and he played 'My Love Life' and it was the first time I'd heard it and it went over my head. Such a pity because I loved it when I heard it on CD later.
I don't think I've ever had the luxury of hearing an album of Morrissey's before going to the concert other than Quarry because he was touring those songs before he even had a deal. Add to that he's basically avoided touring Australia for most of his career until recently.

All the labels and distributors got together and agreed Friday would be the world-wide release day in beginning in mid-July of 2015. You really need to get out more often :)
my problem is I'm out too often and not stuck in front of a pc all day.where did I put those hangover tablets.

doctor doctor I think me ears are turning into a fork and a spoon.
Young lady don't worry, they appear to just be oversized earrings.

I miss the days of one single canvas backdrop. Less clutter.

This song just came up in conversation on one of the main page threads days ago.
Someone's reading...

Dear King,

Everybody reads and writes ! Surely, that's the purpose of an online forum ?

Hazard
x

So here's the stats.
With a new album to promote. :eek:

22 songs on the setlist =

5 Covers
4 New
13 Golden oldie chuggers

Wow ! W T F ? :guitar:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

so M found work for Billy Idol's hands to do....

but what will become of Bill now ?

How does one sing in Mexican?

Yeah, Home is a question mark??? lol!!! , you people and foreigners 500,000 miles away will never get it.

Nancy doesn't go to the gigs. Kiss You could be dedicated to her, but he has been singing it live for a long time. Jacky is Only Happy was written about Nancy.

Is Uncle Steve trying to act like Dean Martin now on stage? He is doing the buzzed stumbling around thing that was Dean Martin's act. When did he start idolizing Dean Martin? The Dean Martin backdrop was up for a long time. At the end of Everyday Sunday he acted like he was going to fall down when that old guy got on stage with a crazed look in his eye and was thrown back to the pool, then Steve said "yikes...yikes!". Glad to see Ganglord back and surprised First of the Gang was left out both nights.

Reckon both these shows were sold out. I did not see an empty seat. Uncle Steve is now top of Hollywood. A real American Idol. I am sure Mango will be back singing Speedway in Mexican during the Midwest portion of the US tour and the fantasy Brittish tour, just to piss people off. I liked these gigs because all the sunburned Brit, Euro, and Austrialiliian tourists who spent their life savings to go on vacation to Southern California were not there because of the high ticket prices. It was so nice not hearing some weird accent behind me saying if they should go to Tommy's or In N Out for cheeseburgers after the gig. Less than a month time to see Steve do his hometown Christmas show. Moz Angeles!

you're right. never mind. :)

Moz looked so happy and in good spirits on both Hollywood Bowl days, from which one has been officially named as Morrissey Day, not by the fans but by the civic authorities. Fact.
It must please him immensely as it is a great honour for anyone.

I really do hope and expect it will inspire him to make some more outstanding music and some great live shows. :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom