Los Angeles, CA - Hollywood Bowl (Nov. 11, 2017) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You'll Be Gone / Alma Matters / When Last I Spoke To Carol / I Wish You Lonely / Ganglord / The Bullfighter Dies / I Started Something I Couldn't Finish / Suedehead / When You Open Your Legs / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / How Soon Is Now? / Back On The Chain Gang / Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up On The Stage / Spent The Day In Bed / Jack The Ripper / Everyday Is Like Sunday / I'm Not Sorry / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / Shoplifters Of The World Unite // Let Me Kiss You / Glamorous Glue

Setlist provided by an anonymous person

Last edited:
How did he greet the audience when he came on? Love to know.
If this is what you mean? Look above ;) - No opening remarks, he just launched right into “You’ll Be Gone”

My thoughts after attending both nights:
  • night 2 much better than night one, more energy from Moz and crowd both
  • voice superb both nights, was not missing a beat
  • packed to the rim both nights, 100% full minus random seats opened
  • big arenas are not my first choice, love the smaller venues, cannot pass on the historic hollywood bowl
  • set list shift night 2 made the biggest difference in my eyes, the pacing of songs were spot on, no real slow points
  • crowd seemed to be a good mixture of, well, everybody
  • hoping more CA shows get scheduled once the tour returns from hearing round the world
  • at 58 I am impressed with his energy level, flexibility and vitality; he is eyeing his remaining years as a perform "at this level" with gusto
  • Friday night 3 stars, Saturday night 5 stars

Thank you Morrissey you are the love of my life. I'm not Sorry is one of my favorites and you sang it in front of us. I miss you already.

Nice! Sounds like i went to the wrong night!

“Apparently I’m the only person in Los Angeles who hasn’t been accused of sexual harassment. How do you think that makes me feel?!”

In the distance, Julia weeps. :p

thank you morrissey for singing ALL of speedway tonight. no offense to gustavo but just really nice to hear it the way it was meant.

also, see you in SLC.
Damn I’m so mad i missed this.

I had a friend in town using Casa Geezer B&B who just wanted to go to Islands for dinner bc they don’t have Islsnds where he’s from. So i thought I’d pitch going to the show over dinner when he confessed to getting up at 3 am that morning. I was sitting there nursing a fever and feeling like shit with whatever cold i have that wasn’t helped by strenuous exercise the night before so we went home and watched the Steve Jobs movie and went to bed. :D I’m sure I’ll always regret this if that makes anyone feel better.

Yeah, Home is a question mark??? lol!!! , you people and foreigners 500,000 miles away will never get it.

Nancy doesn't go to the gigs. Kiss You could be dedicated to her, but he has been singing it live for a long time. Jacky is Only Happy was written about Nancy.

Is Uncle Steve trying to act like Dean Martin now on stage? He is doing the buzzed stumbling around thing that was Dean Martin's act. When did he start idolizing Dean Martin? The Dean Martin backdrop was up for a long time. At the end of Everyday Sunday he acted like he was going to fall down when that old guy got on stage with a crazed look in his eye and was thrown back to the pool, then Steve said "yikes...yikes!". Glad to see Ganglord back and surprised First of the Gang was left out both nights.

Reckon both these shows were sold out. I did not see an empty seat. Uncle Steve is now top of Hollywood. A real American Idol. I am sure Mango will be back singing Speedway in Mexican during the Midwest portion of the US tour and the fantasy Brittish tour, just to piss people off. I liked these gigs because all the sunburned Brit, Euro, and Austrialiliian tourists who spent their life savings to go on vacation to Southern California were not there because of the high ticket prices. It was so nice not hearing some weird accent behind me saying if they should go to Tommy's or In N Out for cheeseburgers after the gig. Less than a month time to see Steve do his hometown Christmas show. Moz Angeles!

Last edited:
He sounds in top form! Does anyone think this album is going to be anything but stellar?

Don't answer that...
I think it's gonna be an album we can listen to over and over again without getting sick of it. It's going to be like a painting that reveals more the more you look at it.

Well, really bummed the one night I attended was Friday. Sounds like Saturday was all around better whereas I left Friday's show unimpressed and disappointed. Oh well, looking forward to hearing the new album in its entirety.

Was that a Bobby Kennedy backdrop last night during Jack the Ripper? I don't recall seeing it at Friday's show. But Jack is my favorite so maybe I was too focused on Moz on Friday to notice the backdrop.

thank you morrissey for singing ALL of speedway tonight. no offense to gustavo but just really nice to hear it the way it was meant.

also, see you in SLC.
Thank God !!, at last we get to hear some of the most important lyrics of Morrissey's career sung by Morrissey himself, Whoopee!!!

thanks to jackie c., enchante

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know who was in the backdrop during Fridays show and Morrissey singing Jack the Ripper?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom