Lost demos vote

• Thread starter Deleted member 29227
  • Start date

Which is your favourite of the recently dropped demos?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wonder what any record company folks who are thinking about signing Morrissey would think about these songs?

I wonder what any record company folks who are thinking about signing Morrissey would think about these songs?
Don’t you think potentially interested record companies would have the privilege of hearing the album proper?

Well you would hope so but who knows what goes on nowadays in Morrissey world.
Well I hope so.
I do wonder though about his reason for making these outtakes available prior to the release of the album. It is usually the other way around. Or should we think of these half-finished songs as substitutes for thé radio sessions of the good old days?

Well I hope so.
I do wonder though about his reason for making these outtakes available prior to the release of the album. It is usually the other way around. Or should we think of these half-finished songs as substitutes for thé radio sessions of the good old days?

Has he got someone to release the album?

Well I hope so.
My intuition was that these songs would’ve been B-sides, if BMG had decided to release physical Dog singles? If this was the case might it be possible that BMG is now keeping these songs, under lock and key, without any intention of letting anyone hear them?

If this was the case, is it possible that Morrissey can perhaps circumvent the restrictive ownership issue (around the finished product) by simply releasing the ‘demos’ on YouTube? The process simultaneously gives two fingers to BMG, and affords us the access that Morrissey had always intended?

I guess this thought came after FWD suggesting that these are perhaps finished songs, passed through a filter to make them sound like demos. That would alter them enough to diminish BMG’s claim on them. Maybe?

They're not passed through a filter to make them sound like demos, they're just poor transfers.

My intuition was that these songs would’ve been B-sides, if BMG had decided to release physical Dog singles? If this was the case might it be possible that BMG is now keeping these songs, under lock and key, without any intention of letting anyone hear them?

If this was the case, is it possible that Morrissey can perhaps circumvent the restrictive ownership issue (around the finished product) by simply releasing the ‘demos’ on YouTube? The process simultaneously gives two fingers to BMG, and affords us the access that Morrissey had always intended?

I guess this thought came after FWD suggesting that these are perhaps finished songs, passed through a filter to make them sound like demos. That would alter them enough to diminish BMG’s claim on them. Maybe?
I suggested, clearly, that 1 of the 3 was said to be possibly a final mix (ie if it was 'lost' or in some raw state - why would it have a final mix?).

As per:
Screenshot_20211102-033556~2.png

Screenshot_20211102-035407~2.png
Screenshot_20211102-035318~2.png

Given the man's musical credits, I doubt severely that some overly loud, artefact-laiden recording would be presented to anyone as it would be a 'downgrade' of the source via a studio - hence, after looking at all 3 on Audacity, they all have the same gain, noise & quality issues.
I'm suggesting that's down to the person sharing and not the source recordings. The use of drum machines and digital effects also increases the chances of the music being more of an early 'take' than a 'demo'.
I have never suggested these were fully-formed tracks, but the probable doctoring of all 3 to sound worse than the versions held by the sharer - I'd stand by.
Regards,
FWD.

He thinks, they think, these songs can easily compete with his best work with The Smiths. Sure Enough, the telephone won't ring but he needs their approval.

Last edited:
If I could vote, I would choose, with a heavy heart, Once upon. I wonder if Once upon and If Saturday really exist only in demo versions 🤔 . Certainly, in"full versions they would be better then a few if not a dozen Morrissey's songs recorded in the 20th century

All three have their worth, I see them as b-sides from the Dog-era that weren’t released since we don’t get physical singles anymore.
Voted for Approval for the Sing Your Life-like lyrics and the way he sings them.

Would be nice if this poll had included the other unreleased demo’s released a couple of years ago.

On this glorious occasion of this splendid defeat ! You Don’t Need Their Approval
WINS !
by a mudslide!

A TRUER VICTORY could not have been achieved!!!! :rock::thumb:

the other songs that were obviously passed through a filter to sound like demos didn’t have a chance!

Morrissey you don’t need no solo
poll’s approval! The only just thing
to do now, is to release it as a single !

Long live You Don’t Need Their Approval!

Viva Moz !!!

Viva Bonfire !!!

and least but not last ....

Viva ....

You Don’t Need Their Approval !!!

:tiphat:

'If Saturday Ever Comes' is declared the winner!

On this glorious occasion of this splendid defeat ! You Don’t Need Their Approval
WINS !
by a mudslide!

A TRUER VICTORY could not have been achieved!!!! :rock::thumb:

the other songs that were obviously passed through a filter to sound like demos didn’t have a chance!

Morrissey you don’t need no solo
poll’s approval! The only just thing
to do now, is to release it as a single !

Long live You Don’t Need Their Approval!

Viva Moz !!!

Viva Bonfire !!!

and least but not last ....

Viva ....

You Don’t Need Their Approval !!!

:tiphat:

:partypooper: Let's here it for You Don't Need Their Approval! 🎉

Back
Top Bottom