Louder Sound: "David Draiman (Disturbed): 8 songs that changed my life" (August 4, 2021)

RSwwjtCC6Pt3SANsCSJP4S-720-80.jpg

David Draiman: 8 songs that changed my life

Disturbed frontman David Draiman takes a deep dive into his record collection to reveal the songs that fuelled his rock star dreams

The Smiths – Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want (1984)

[Sings] 'Haven’t had a dream in a long time…' I love that song, I love The Smiths, and I love Morrisey’s voice and incredible wit and lyricism. The Smiths were so different and unique, they didn’t follow any playbook, and the directions their songwriting took was incredible. In my little clique, The Smiths kinda fell into the new wave category, and they were a comfortable fit for us. Can’t say I ever stuck any gladioli in my jeans pockets, but The Smiths were heroes to me.

Regards,
FWD.

Disturbed frontman David Draiman takes a deep dive into his record collection to reveal the songs that fuelled his rock star dreams”

I never heard of the band Disturbed,
so when I read this, I was really excited, FINALLY! a frontman that’s disturbed! :lbf:
in this day and age! Great! he might have something interesting to say.

Oh where have all the madmen gone ?!

:cool:

Disturbed frontman David Draiman takes a deep dive into his record collection to reveal the songs that fuelled his rock star dreams”

I never heard of the band Disturbed,
so when I read this, I was really excited, FINALLY! a frontman that’s disturbed! :lbf:
in this day and age! Great! he might have something interesting to say.

Oh where have all the madmen gone ?!

:cool:

I'd love to hear Disturbed tackle PPLMGWIW, or any number of songs in the canon of The Smiths Collective and or The Morrissey Solo Selfie-Karaoke Jukebox Machine.

A truly cosmically gifted vocalist whose subtleties and nuances detoxify the excesses of masculinity note by trembling vulnerable exposed note.

I have to sit down when I listen to David. Or lie back and think of England. The Disturbed's version of Paul Simon's compositionally perfect opus 'The Sound Of Silence' is one of the epochal events in recent contemporary musical history and rightly revered by millions.

In only one song, Paul Simon summarized The Smiths Collective before they existed, certainly Morrissey's one-trick pony lyrical persona. Lennon and McCartney's 'Eleanor Rigby' also. Strangely, I don't think either Marr or Morrissey ever fessed up to these particular template thefts as they achieved songwriting orbital thrust. But no matter. They're not important anymore. Either of them, though Maher could well yet craft his redemption and get out of ethical detention by publicly denouncing Morrissey as a phoney all along- just as the cognoscenti in The Audience knew all sling, from Cannock Chase onwards, it all went wrong...

Morrissey will have the Vaseline and Kleenex box out upon reading this, hoping David will gift him so wings with a "tonight, Matthew, I am mostly Being Morrissey segment" on a Disturbed karaoke set, or God forbid, a duet. But only if it's a solo surge, not one of Ye Smythe Songs which will only go to givr Maher another payday whilst the drvious, truculent, unreluable one will see the proceeds go towards paying hated Joycean inspired barrister's bills, presumably still outstanding and mounting. The miracle of compound interest. Einstein, etc.

Draiman, being a wise elder role model will surely temper his aesthetic appreciation of this olde worlde classic Val Doonican homage from the 1980s with an appreciation of the importance of not elevating the gurning, gormless 'politically inept' Singing Smurf trading as LA MortIsHe.

David Draiman, sir. We beseech you: don't make the same mistake as dearly departed David Bowie. Do not feed the troll known as Morrissey.

BB

Last edited:
Aw, brummie! :love:

You’re my favorite madman 💕🥰

I'd love to hear Disturbed tackle PPLMGWIW, or any number of songs in the canon of The Smiths Collective and or The Morrissey Solo Selfie-Karaoke Jukebox Machine.

A truly cosmically gifted vocalist whose subtleties and nuances detoxify the excesses of masculinity note by trembling vulnerable exposed note.

I have to sit down when I listen to David. Or lie back and think of England. The Disturbed's version of Paul Simon's compositionally perfect opus 'The Sound Of Silence' is one of the epochal events in recent contemporary musical history and rightly revered by millions.

In only one song, Paul Simon summarized The Smiths Collective before they existed, certainly Morrissey's one-trick pony lyrical persona. Lennon and McCartney's 'Eleanor Rigby' also. Strangely, I don't think either Marr or Morrissey ever fessed up to these particular template thefts as they achieved songwriting orbital thrust. But no matter. They're not important anymore. Either of them, though Maher could well yet craft his redemption and get out of ethical detention by publicly denouncing Morrissey as a phoney all along- just as the cognoscenti in The Audience knew all sling, from Cannock Chase onwards, it all went wrong...

Morrissey will have the Vaseline and Kleenex box out upon reading this, hoping David will gift him so wings with a "tonight, Matthew, I am mostly Being Morrissey segment" on a Disturbed karaoke set, or God forbid, a duet. But only if it's a solo surge, not one of Ye Smythe Songs which will only go to givr Maher another payday whilst the drvious, truculent, unreluable one will see the proceeds go towards paying hated Joycean inspired barrister's bills, presumably still outstanding and mounting. The miracle of compound interest. Einstein, etc.

Draiman, being a wise elder role model will surely temper his aesthetic appreciation of this olde worlde classic Val Doonican homage from the 1980s with an appreciation of the importance of not elevating the gurning, gormless 'politically inept' Singing Smurf trading as LA MortIsHe.

David Draiman, sir. We beseech you: don't make the same mistake as dearly departed David Bowie. Do not feed the troll known as Morrissey.

BB

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom