"Love Bites" - Morrissey fan documentary from 1995 on YouTube

My only comment in seeing this "Julia" for the first time is; how has she not kidnapped, ritualistically killed, and cannibalized Morrissey yet?

She's what murderous stalkers are made of. No joke -- I get a slow "Silence of the Lambs"/Buffalo Bill vibe from her. You know she has a Morrissey voo-doo doll hidden under her bed.

Shivers.

My only comment in seeing this "Julia" for the first time is; how has she not kidnapped, ritualistically killed, and cannibalized Morrissey yet?

She's what murderous stalkers are made of. No joke -- I get a slow "Silence of the Lambs"/Buffalo Bill vibe from her. You know she has a Morrissey voo-doo doll hidden under her bed.

If I exhibited her behavior my parents would have had me committed long ago.

But he only encourages it.

Thanks for the upload and sharing. The 1995 Boxers tour is really starting to move into the area of being regarded as one the very best of Morrissey’s career. Certainly in 1995 he was at the absolute height of his solo career in England. Almost untouchable. It’s a period I’m remembering with greater fondness. Morrissey’s image then was simple but so cool. The jeans, white shirt, blazer and Doc Martins. A period where he was still rather shy with the media. Not as outspoken as he is now. Then he moved to Los Angeles and well.

Oh course I now make the link to Tom and “All Men Have Secrets”. What a great shame. And the poor fellow never got to hear all the albums which came after “Vauxhall and I”. 1995 wasn’t as sophisticated as I thought it was. And for the fans in the doco, they look like young twenty year olds clinging on to being a teenager. They know it’s all going to change, but for this tour they can be teenagers one last time. Good on them.

To each his own. They both get something out of it and it doesn't hurt anyone else in the long run.

It hurts the people who stood in line for hours and couldn't get to the front because of her.

Since this video, she has lost a significant amount of hair on the top of her head and dresses in mainly track suits.

Since this video, she has lost a significant amount of hair on the top of her head and dresses in mainly track suits.

After seeing what his number one fan looks like I realized morrissey isn't shallow.

She really does seem creepy.I have to agree with you.

why? isnt she the one dressed as the cliche eighties punk? seems pretty tame and normal

It hurts the people who stood in line for hours and couldn't get to the front because of her.

You have to admire that she was the only creep of all of them pretentious twats who was so honest to admit that she only did the fanzin for Morrissey, so that he reads it and notices her, her, her, her. She is just one of the many me, me, me, me people. It is also totally fascinating how many have by now stated in these documentaries that they go and crave that he acknowledges them, them, them them by looking at them. I remember that I once mentioned that he looked at me and I was told that I was creepy and sorts of bullshit, mentally ill of course, but I have always had a totally different attitude to the whole thing, totally different to them, them, them, them, because to me it has always been pretty normal that musicians look at the audience and also me. Other bands are totally not as stuck up their own arse as Morrissey and even greet you first when they see at a different audience, seeing you there, both of you part of the audience, talking of bands here who constantly fill arenas and stadiums and having been to only three of their concerts. I pretty much think that all of Morrissey's American and British fans in particular are totally mentally ill. And Morrissey as such not a good audience engaging singer at all, because when I went to his concerts, he only really looked at me twice as I was used from other bands. Even though I did film at two concerts and was pretty surprised that while filming at the second concert he seemed to remember during which songs I had filmed during the first concerts, apparently assuming that I'd film during the same songs, but I chose to this time film the ones I hadn't filmed yet. These films have long been deleted altogether by me now. Not worth keeping. They were a good memory however that those concerts were even worse than I remembered them, when I watched the videos again after a couple of months.

Don't forget the book signing in Sweden. The ones who always stand front row and Julia in particular were the first to enter the building and despite clear instructions to make sure that everybody gets their go, self obsessed as they always are, they held the whole thing up to get yet another hug and talk to him and all that, things that they had done numerous times already anyway. Many others in return had stood there for ages and never even got their book signed thanks to them. I really don't know what's supposed to be any good about any of this.

During the filming of that "documentary" I was busy writing my HR thesis, doing something useful, thinking of HR work can be done properly to make work worth going to and to achieve a good work life balance while at the same time make sure that the company stays competitive on a global market. Not a Morrissey fan at all at the time, his pictures put me off, there was something nasty about them, which turned out to be true. When I delved into the whole thing I temporarily thought that my first impression had been wrong. It wasn't.

That is a very nasty thing to say. You have just seen her (on video) one time & already you can judge her & make some kind a profile on her. You don't know her, I don't know her, all we know that she has been around quite long, and always front row. She has resources and she has the opportunity to go to almost all Moz's gigs, that's all we know. And that is not a crime.

Nobody can blame not making it to the front because of Julia. She is only ONE person. If you get there early enough, logic tells you that you have a good chance to make it to the front (unless other random and/or uncontrollable things happen) like 10 doors open at once, you don't run fast enough, or you stop at the bar first. ;)

Last edited:

A bit like Morrissey. How ironic.

You have to admire that she was the only creep of all of them pretentious twats who was so honest to admit that she only did the fanzin for Morrissey, so that he reads it and notices her, her, her, her. She is just one of the many me, me, me, me people. It is also totally fascinating how many have by now stated in these documentaries that they go and crave that he acknowledges them, them, them them by looking at them. I remember that I once mentioned that he looked at me and I was told that I was creepy and sorts of bullshit, mentally ill of course, but I have always had a totally different attitude to the whole thing, totally different to them, them, them, them, because to me it has always been pretty normal that musicians look at the audience and also me. Other bands are totally not as stuck up their own arse as Morrissey and even greet you first when they see at a different audience, seeing you there, both of you part of the audience, talking of bands here who constantly fill arenas and stadiums and having been to only three of their concerts. I pretty much think that all of Morrissey's American and British fans in particular are totally mentally ill. And Morrissey as such not a good audience engaging singer at all, because when I went to his concerts, he only really looked at me twice as I was used from other bands. Even though I did film at two concerts and was pretty surprised that while filming at the second concert he seemed to remember during which songs I had filmed during the first concerts, apparently assuming that I'd film during the same songs, but I chose to this time film the ones I hadn't filmed yet. These films have long been deleted altogether by me now. Not worth keeping. They were a good memory however that those concerts were even worse than I remembered them, when I watched the videos again after a couple of months.

Don't forget the book signing in Sweden. The ones who always stand front row and Julia in particular were the first to enter the building and despite clear instructions to make sure that everybody gets their go, self obsessed as they always are, they held the whole thing up to get yet another hug and talk to him and all that, things that they had done numerous times already anyway. Many others in return had stood there for ages and never even got their book signed thanks to them. I really don't know what's supposed to be any good about any of this.

During the filming of that "documentary" I was busy writing my HR thesis, doing something useful, thinking of HR work can be done properly to make work worth going to and to achieve a good work life balance while at the same time make sure that the company stays competitive on a global market. Not a Morrissey fan at all at the time, his pictures put me off, there was something nasty about them, which turned out to be true. When I delved into the whole thing I temporarily thought that my first impression had been wrong. It wasn't.

A HR thesis? Wow what a wonderful contribution to the world you've made. Regarding Humans as Resources. Or as most employees call the HR department... The Thought Police.

But thanks for sharing your diatribe here. Haven't you got some mentally ill people you need to empathise with somewhere? Like in the House of Mirrors.

Darren was my stepdad, this is really nice seeing him again. RIP Darren miss you x

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom