"Low in High School" (Deluxe Edition) vinyl - sleeve and tracklist at Amazon

Low in High School (Deluxe Edition) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JK2C8YT/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_zEn2Bb1XF2CGE

Description
  • Vinyl (December 7, 2018)
  • Deluxe Edition edition
  • Number of Discs: 2
  • Label: BMG Rights Management (UK) Ltd
  • ASIN: B07JK2C8YT
Track Listings
Disc: 1
1. My Love, I'd Do Anything for You
2. I Wish You Lonely
3. Jacky's Only Happy When She's Up on the Stage
4. Home Is a Question Mark
5. Spent the Day in Bed
6. I Bury the Living

Disc: 2
1. In Your Lap
2. The Girl from Tel-Aviv Who Wouldn't Kneel
3. All the Young People Must Fall in Love
4. When You Open Your Legs
5. Who Will Protect Us from the Police?
6. Israel

Disc: 3
1. Lover-To-Be
2. Back on the Chain Gang
3. Never Again Will I Be a Twin
4. This Song Doesn't End When It's Over

Disc: 4
1. You'll Be Gone (Live)
2. Rose Garden (Live at The Grand Ole Opry, Nashville)
3. Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way? (Live)
4. I Didn't Know What to Do (Live)
5. Judy Is a Punk (Live)

Note: Image on Amazon currently corrupted.

UPDATE Nov. 1:

Posted by Eustace Walks:

Extracted from the (iTunes) pre-order page's code...

44727_2000x0w.jpg

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why use a new font? All the LIHS releases had the same one, but now this? Sorry but I'm a graphic designer so this stuff bugs me more that it should.

I think he heard many critics about the cover of LIHS and now he choose a cover with a photo of him.This should be the cover of the original album.

You're right, Morrissey totally seems like the type to take heed of what "many critics" have said about the cover of LIHS.

I wonder if another single might appear after Chain Gang, perhaps Lover-to-Be, with Blue Dreamers and By the Time as b-sides.

I don't want to wait 10 years for a reissue with bonus tracks, but I guess if he's smart then he will always save tracks for future release.

I will never understand why people want songs that he has already made freely available to be on new products that you have to pay for. He's not "saving" the tracks, they're already out there.

The “re-issue, repackage” brigade are gonna be out in force over this, but I’m really looking forward to owning this. Nice bonus material, the sleeve design is ten times better than the original “axe the monarchy” artwork. Why oh why didn’t they just go with this deluxe version in the first place!

Because he knows you'd buy it twice.

That should’ve been the original cover art rather than the childish photoshop blight.

As if shoddily slapping text on an image from decades ago is more creatively intuitive. At least the original cover art looked, well...original. This photo has been floating around for ages, and using it to promote an album titled "Low In High School" is a little bit on-the-nose.

Even two-thirds of a five decades old photograph of Morrissey is better than that weird kid.

However, I shall continue to use...

View attachment 46188
A very good approximation of the days Morrissey actually appeared to give a damn about his record covers.
I didn't mind the kid, it was the shockingly cheap-looking artwork and the witless 'message' I objected to. But you're right, that is a huge improvement and reminiscent of better times.

Even the forthcoming live b-side is included in this edition? :laughing:
The king ! A genius !
Thank you for saving my money Morrissey !

If you zoom in on the Amazon image you can see an error where the grey pixels start part way across the picture so I imagine it's some corruption rather than a stylistic choice.

Central mentioned the deluxe on the 25th of Sept and put it amongst the Joan Jett post. The press release about it was on the 24th Sept., by Shore Fire Media - it just lacked the detail Amazon has now provided.
Re: Amazon. The UK one is valid. In posting all this stuff and especially about vinyl releases, there's a pattern the store goes through - which means the item gets updated several times closer to release date. The initial product is often without image, details, clear info about who is selling it (partners or amazon directly) etc etc... So it's not surprising that it's changed twice in 24hrs already (from available to unavailable).
I'd wait a couple of weeks before trying to spend any money as the listing will probably change again (I've observed maybe 2-5 changes on recent Morrissey items before a 'final' solid one to order from).

It has now also appeared on:
https://www.musicdirect.com/vinyl/Morrissey-Low-in-High-School-Deluxe-Edition-(Vinyl-2LP)---

I notice the '200 per region' first asserted is possibly now redundant if major 'chains' are offering it.
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
I've seen a few full versions of the cover on twitter but the fonts don't fully align with the corrupted amazon image so I'm assuming they're fan made

is it like Bowie's 'The Next Day'........

Morrissey thank you for choose the same image as my profile .I wonder if you read my messages.So will you make a new album of originals songs in january?my dreams come true.

Where did the rumour start about his new ablum being a cover album anyway? I can’t see it myself. I expect it to be full of new material.

Where did the rumour start about his new ablum being a cover album anyway? I can’t see it myself. I expect it to be full of new material.
There isn't one.
People are conflating going to the studio next January to record a new album (mentioned in the translated interview) with the covers album California Son out in March - which is safe to assume is recorded as per all the posts here earlier these past months.
Regards,
FWD.

Tags
low in high school deluxe low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom