lower-case morrissey by Katherine Shook

Katherine writes:

Because I am still hurt by him, I suppose. And I can't seem to logic my way out of that hurt. You know, loving Morrissey is complicated.

lower-case morrissey by Katherine Shook

unfiltered, my thoughts on current...

Morrissey.

Where does one begin when talking about this outwardly mythical creature?

By shattering the myth, I think.

Last edited:
They're only 'tiresome' to those that don't want to hear them, and they're true. Tough.
Lots of people have their own views on things. Does it make them right? You know the answer to that.

Yes, things that are tiresome probably are only tiresome to those that find them tiresome. And this is because finding something "tiresome" is a subjective opinion. Kind of like finding Morrissey to be racist is a subjective opinion. You may say that in a certain context and from a certain perspective something Morrissey said was racist or that it is your opinion that it is racist. But you can't say Morrissey is racist and announce this to be "true."
The article is poorly written. She doesn't even know how to use commas properly. She takes forever to get to the point and then it's all rehashed. There is nothing new in this article. There is nothing wrong with her sharing her opinion and she apparently has an audience who are interested. But I did find the article tiresome. And that is "true."

Somebody takes the subject of Morrissey far too seriously.

Excuse my ignorance, but
Does anyone know this Katherine Shook ?
Because nothing about her on Google, who is she ??
A self-proclaimed Writer ?
She speaks on behalf of whom, just of herself ??
She has something to sell or promote ??
In any case, not a champion of Photoshop, given his unsightly photo montage of Morrissey to illustrate her prose !!

Last edited:
And if they say that MOZ is the devil himself walking the earth for destruction! I still DON´T CARE!! So why can´t all these assholes keep their thoughts to themselves and just PISS OFF!?

The article is pabulum. To give one example (apart from the use of verbs as nouns), there is her riposte to the quoted excerpt from the For Britain manifesto. Her riposte?:

"Ah, but our strength is in our diversity. We’re changing, and it's beautiful. Own it!"

That's not an argument, it's a string of cliches wrapped in an assumption of triumph. I'm not a supporter of For Britain, but the inability of the woke classes to engage earnestly with the issues brought up in the manifesto excerpt is precisely what gives power to political extremism.

And you are?

Why ask such a silly question, or are you just trying to be inflammatory?

Just who do I actually need to be in order to comment on your posts?

Unless you wish to/can get me banned, then I'll continue to call you out about your poison.

For someone (you) so opposed to Morrissey, over a short period of time, I, and many others, have wondered why you persist in trying to poison this site.

What's your life like, & what's it like actually being you?

Like I said previously, go take a long, hard look at yourself in the mirror, & maybe report back on what you see, and whether you actually like what you see. Bitter, twisted, hateful has never been a good look.

Oh yeah, but she's another one who just gives this stuff too much significance. Some distance and time away from it is a good thing. I have seen Moz (and Johnny) "super-fans" and they are unhinged and scary as f***.
Their super-detractors are just as unhinged as evidenced by the few on this site. You know who you are.

and for the opposite point of view:

http://shanefiler.com/goodbye-england-i-wish-id-known-you/

My experience living a year in the north of England, as a descendant of English emigrees... a stranger in a strange land.
A thoughtful and interesting article, from a personal standpoint rather than a representative political ideology.
"what has the British Empire done for the world" is a whole separate article as the negatives outweigh the positives for the countries who were colonised and dehumanised.
What has the world done for the British Empire should not be neglected in any look at national pride. It was built on the forests, mines and slaves of colonised nations who were impoverished and starved including Ireland.
Overall though, a very interesting article.
Your alarming description of daily life in Bradford reminds me of an article from the 80s when the editor of the Irish Times Geraldine Kennedy lived in the Ballymun flats for a week on social welfare (I know, it seems positively romantic now).
Perhaps a select group of media/politicians and other social engineers could try Bradford for a little sojourn and see how the other half lives.
It is always interesting to hear the story from a different perspective and from someone who wants to tell their personal truth instead of from their chosen ideological standpoint which leaves little room for free speech, or for ever reaching a civilised conclusion.
It's very difficult to talk about these issues without appearing to belong to a far right group, because of the refusal of the media and politicians to actually listen to ordinary people who are forced to live with this on a daily basis.
Democracy has been subjugated along with the women in these cults/religions.

we have here Kathy Jr:crazy:

if the British Empire was so bad, why are all 'colonized' :squiffy: peoples flocking into it?:lbf:

these lefty loons are insane. they think they are intimate buds with Moz who has never
seen them or known them and couldnt care less if they stuffed a:balloon: in their fat mouths.:rofl:

A thoughtful and interesting article, from a personal standpoint rather than a representative political ideology.

Thanks. Yeah, the British Empire is a whole book. And I'm no expert.

Though I do recall, I think a BBC doco of all things relaying the Sati tradition or burning a wife alive on the funeral pyre of her husband.

"This is our tradition," local Indian leaders told the British Raj leaders.
"Well we have a tradition too," the British responded. "When men burn women on funeral pyres, we hang them. So you keep practicing your custom and we will keep practicing ours."

Naturally the cultural tradition died out, banned officially in 1829 by the then Governor-General Lord William Bentinck.

Is saving thousands of women from a painful death a tick for the British Empire? I would suggest the British people should not feel ashamed of their history. Nor whitewash it either.

The one thing which made an impression on me as an outsider looking in is the disconnect between what is said in the media and the actual situation on the ground. I read this https://www.theguardian.com/cities/...ditch-of-yorkshire-or-is-it-the-next-detroit- and not a mention of Islam as a contributor for economic and social decline in Bradford. Nothing to suggest the real situation.

The media are actually lying to people by omission. They're doing so to push a agenda of PC. Reading this is the first time I realized mainstream media are lying. Which is not good, because it gives Trumps 'fake news' calls validity.

This made an impression, and meeting average working class Brits. I have this feeling it's the ruling elite who decide to push immigration from Islamic countries, but they live safely closeted away in rich (white) neighbourhoods, and inflict the social negatives (rape gangs etc) on the working class (who are then called racist if they complain).

I always saw myself as "left" leaning. Anti-racism. Pro-feminism. Pro free speech. Pro Animal rights. Anti-capitalism. Pro-Marx. But over the past 10 years I've seen the left drift into dangerous extremist positions. I don't think I left the left, or left liberalism. I think it left me.

I would not be surprised if Morrissey feels similar. It would be interesting to know.

I don't think his views or positions have changed much since the Smiths. I think anyone who is pro-animal rights. Pro-women. Pro LGBT as Morrissey is would naturally oppose the Islamic ideology. He's espressing what every true liberal person should.
Shane

Excuse my ignorance, but
In any case, not a champion of Photoshop, given his unsightly photo montage of Morrissey to illustrate her prose !!
She’s just one of those people who come on here who think they have the god given right to announce to the entire whorl their opinion about Morrissey , and what’s going on with him this week.... give it a rest sweet cheeks.. you’ve had your five minutes of fame,,, go put the best of Whitney useless on ,

Excuse my ignorance, but

You could replace 'Katherine Shook' with Fiona Dodwell, and your points would still stand.

What if OLD POLITI were to pen a piece for the NY f***ING TIMES or the goddamn GUARDIAN. You think that slag Katherine Viner isn't on my speed dial.

Shut the f*** up, Peter. Really.

:rolleyes:

:crazy:

Fiona is a good journalist, she is not insane like Crazy Kathy, who thinks shes friends with people she never met, who let her down:lbf: but will reconcile with them soon.:lbf:

She probably has giant green rabbits as best friends.:crazy:

:rolleyes:

:crazy:

Fiona is a good journalist, she is not insane like Crazy Kathy, who thinks shes friends with people she never met, who let her down:lbf: but will reconcile with them soon.:lbf:

She probably has giant green rabbits as best friends.:crazy:
To be honest pet , it’s you who has giant gree rabbits as your best friends now isn’t it!!!

To be honest pet , it’s you who has giant gree rabbits as your best friends now isn’t it!!!

o_O

slow down slurping your onion soup.:straightface:

(this old Skinny parrot crank is slurping his hot soup and its over heating the few brain cells)o_O

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom