Luxembourg?

nothingwrongwithme

My Heart Goes PiffPafPoff
Luxembourg - Is there anyone going from this forum?
I am taking my friend ( a non-fan, but a real possible convert) to Rockall and I cannot believe how nervous I am. :eek: I usually go to Morrissey concerts with fellow fans and I am so immersed in the show that I don't need to think about anyone else as I know they will be having a great time.
But this is different.
Having visited quite a few times, Luxembourg always seems to me to be such a conservative, somehow polite but lovely country. I have told my friend about the love and PASSION Morrissey fans have. Will it be evident in Rockall? Do you think?
Having been to quite a lot of concerts and telling my friend how incredible they were to me at the time, I will just absolutely die a death if she just doesn't feel it.
Just a concert... no way.

As an aside... Hearing Disappointed and Guilty on the current tour have been
incredible. I am used to the live version of Disappointed and after hearing it on tour, re-listened to the studio version from Bona Drag and have fallen in love all over again.

Cheers and Take Care All x:)

I'm going, really looking forward to it.
Only problem is: I have to work Monday morning and it's a 4,5 hr drive! :eek:
Am staying at this hotel just across the border in France, for just a couple hours of sleep :p

Yay, well at least that makes 3 of us! I too have an early flight and a long drive but that just pales into insignificance. Probably be still pumped full of adrenalin anyway to keep going.

Will you be at the barrier (ish). Do I take my friend there? Her experience of concerts have been like Elton John ish type concerts, Eric Clapton etc :D
I don't even think she knows what a crowd surfer is.
But at the back of my mind I think.. will it really be a frenzy at Lux so could I risk it for a biscuit and take her to the front.
This is way too emotional for me.

I don't expect it to be as rough as it can get in the UK. (I'm still black and blue from the Glasgow gig - ouch!)
Take her to the front - if she doesn't like it she can always go to the back.
But I think that once Moz walks on stage she might want to stay in the front :cool:

See you in Lux!!

I'm going. I'm staying at the house of a buck-toothed girl who i once wrote some really frightening verse for.

;)

Exactly how many buck-toothed girls are living in Luxemburg?
And will they all come to the show in the hopes he will play Ask, just for them?
Will they even know who Morrissey is?
Questions, questions...

:D :D

Appologies to anyone if they have seen this post on main page but I didn't have access to my own PC last night and couldn't remember my login details...being a new poster and all that and I just had to offload.
Anyway, I have now had a decent sleep but the events on Sunday are still upmost in my mind and my sense of 'missed opportunity' is still profound.

Just got back to Scotland from Luxembourg gig and I must say it was one of the best.
I was with my best friend (a non fan) and was really anxious that she would enjoy it and feel the PASSION of Morrissey fans.
And now comes my biggest regret EVER!. My friend lives about 10 mins drive from Rockal and because she had never been there before, we decided to go there in the afternoon to check out parking etc.After driving about around (dis)used railway lines and a former steel works, which was a spectacular and appropriate backdrop to Morrissey playing in Rockall I thought, we drove through the mesh gates through to the back of the Rockall car park. There was no-one around.
Just as we were about to leave through the gates again, a security guard came out and was, I guess, wondering what we were doing. Just at that moment,a single decker bus appeared and the driver gesticulated to my friend to move over to the right so he could get through gates. My friend then said that it was a GB bus. Can you see where I'm going with this?... and just at that moment the security guard came over to our car to ask what we were doing.
At the same time, the bus started to empty and the third person I recognised coming out was Gary, followed by Morrissey. What then ensued was like something from Monty Python. I screamed to my friend... Its him, Its him... as my legs turned to jelly at the most inappropriate moment. She in turn screamed to the security man.. He's there. She loves him. She's from Scotland'(???). He just kept talking in French but was being really friendly to her.
Meanwhile Morrissey and rest of the guys, who were about 3 feet!! away from our car were chatting to each other for about a minute before going through to the hall and still my legs wouldn't budge. After a couple of minutes it was all over and he was gone.
What a wasted opportunity. I am still beating myself up over this as I'm certain Morrissey would have at least said Hello.
I feel certain I will never get the opportunity again and it pains me. O well.

Back to gig, crowd were really up for it I felt and although not the biggest crowd, there was immense passion. Sound was the best I've heard, really clear. His performance was spellbinding and my friend, who previously used to say, you know, the usual, about depressing, maudlin Morrissey etc, has completly done a U turn. Job Done.
Also hello to Ian and Steph ( regular solo posters, from London) who we met and coincidently we found they were staying that night around the corner from where my friend lives so we could offer them a lift home.

On a separate point, I wish to distance myself COMPLETELY, from the girl who kept shouting ' I LIKE YOU' continuously during anytime Morrissey tried to speak. It was effing NONSTOP and she was right next to my ear!!!!
I on the other hand shouted once.. Morrissey, I love you (which was a spontanious, heartfelt gesture from me), once he had finished speaking to the man in the front row and thats when Morrissey replied something along the lines of 'help or medication or both' though I wish he had just said 'thank-you'.
All in all a great night and my nerve ends are still jangling. Hope everyone there felt the same.

I had a great time as well: two handshakes from Morrissey and a setlist!
Sound was superb, one of the best Mozshows I've seen.
Band was on really good form. Morrissey laughed so much when the audience started clapping to the beat of Irish Blood English Heart and continuing to do so, he almost couldn't sing! That was funny :)
I remember him saying we shouldn't clap so much when he was introducing the bandmembers.
He introduced Matt Walker as Fats Walker, and Mike Farrell as "and last and always least...".
Morrissey walked on stage with a pair of binoculars, looked around for a bit and then said: "So there IS an audience!" :D
All day long it had been really cold and foggy and after Everyday is like Sunday he said that today (Sunday) was one-of-those-Sundays.
22 songs, over 1,5 hrs - amazing... I loved it!!

Thank you Moz and the guys for a wonderful evening!

Last edited:
I was there too, my first Morrissey's concert... what an event ! And it has been so perfect for me : in the second row (almost just behind Julia - I knew that it was her when Morrissey gave her the microphone to say some words), so close to him... I don't succeded to touch his hand, my arm was too short :p But I enjoyed every seconds... it was amazing ! Great concert, a perfect sound, a very good setlist... and I miss some words to describe all my feelings ! :) NEVER forget it...

nwwm and Jose - what a perfect description - of a wonderful experience in Luxembourg - I loved it too.

I have a few photos that you may like to see.........and more later if you want them.

OK - I also have these - some I'm tidying up and some clips to complete work on........:)

Morrissey laughed so much when the audience started clapping to the beat of Irish Blood English Heart and continuing to do so, he almost couldn't sing! That was funny

Yes, there were quite a few times when he just couldn't stop laughing. I think it was partly this that changed my friends mind about him and she saw what a wicked sence of humour he actually had.

Some more memories.. after the guy invaded the stage, he was immediatly captured by about 3 or 4 bouncers and was hauled off horizontally but Mox still made a point of managing to reach him and shake his hand.. to great cheers from audience.

Also, during I think, I will see you.. he changed the lyric from 'Its so easy for us to sit together' to 'Its so easy to be sat on' as he kneeled and fell backwards and pushed his pelvis up, kind of like in 'November' video. Please,Please,Please let there be footage of this as it was right in front of me and the surge of er.. emotion *blushes* that ran through my body is just nobodys business!
Also, after show finished I have never seen Morrissey spend so much time shaking hands with folk. I think he really enjoyed it so much.

Back
Top Bottom