Mark Speight Found Dead

Elle

"The body of missing TV presenter Mark Speight has been found at a railway station in central London.

A British Transport Police (BTP) confirmed they were advised that the body of a man was discovered at Paddington Railway Station at 10am on Sunday morning.

Officers were called to a remote area of the station, away from public view, following the discovery of the body.

In a statement, BTP said: "The circumstances surrounding his death are subject to an ongoing investigation, but we can confirm the deceased was not struck by a train. At this stage the death is being treated as unexplained."

Investigating officers believe the deceased to be that of reported missing person, 42-year-old Mr Speight.

A formal identification is yet to take place but will be confirmed on Monday.

The body has been removed from the scene and CCTV from the station has been seized as part of the ongoing investigation.

Mr Speight was said to be in a "vulnerable" state following the death of his fiancée, Natasha Collins, in January.

Miss Collins was found dead on January 3 from boiling water burns and a drugs overdose in the bath of the north-west London flat she shared with Speight.

The presenter told police the couple had been "partying" and had taken cocaine and sleeping pills as well as drinking wine and vodka.

He was initially arrested on suspicion of murder and supplying Class A drugs, but last month Scotland Yard said he would not face any charges over the death.

Speight looked drawn and gaunt when he attended her inquest just six days before he went missing.

Speight was reported missing after failing to keep an appointment to meet his dead fiancee's mother for coffee in Covent Garden at 3.30pm the same day."

RIP x

"The body of missing TV presenter Mark Speight has been found at a railway station in central London.

A British Transport Police (BTP) confirmed they were advised that the body of a man was discovered at Paddington Railway Station at 10am on Sunday morning.

Officers were called to a remote area of the station, away from public view, following the discovery of the body.

In a statement, BTP said: "The circumstances surrounding his death are subject to an ongoing investigation, but we can confirm the deceased was not struck by a train. At this stage the death is being treated as unexplained."

Investigating officers believe the deceased to be that of reported missing person, 42-year-old Mr Speight.

A formal identification is yet to take place but will be confirmed on Monday.

The body has been removed from the scene and CCTV from the station has been seized as part of the ongoing investigation.

Mr Speight was said to be in a "vulnerable" state following the death of his fiancée, Natasha Collins, in January.

Miss Collins was found dead on January 3 from boiling water burns and a drugs overdose in the bath of the north-west London flat she shared with Speight.

The presenter told police the couple had been "partying" and had taken cocaine and sleeping pills as well as drinking wine and vodka.

He was initially arrested on suspicion of murder and supplying Class A drugs, but last month Scotland Yard said he would not face any charges over the death.

Speight looked drawn and gaunt when he attended her inquest just six days before he went missing.

Speight was reported missing after failing to keep an appointment to meet his dead fiancee's mother for coffee in Covent Garden at 3.30pm the same day."

RIP x

Pity.

Oh, its such a shame.
My little brother loved him, when he was on SMART.

I second that......
I watched it with my very young kids.... he was very gifted in doing painting and the arts and engaged with the kids....

Very sad indeed.......:tears:

Jukebox Jury

Very sad, must be devastating losing your partner or soon to be wife in this case...such a silly waste of life.

r.i.p to both of them.

Back
Top Bottom