Married people, are you happy with your non-singleness?

Married people, are you happy with your non-singleness?

• Yes, I love it; it's the best way to be.

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Generally, I do like being married

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • It's kind of ok

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nope, I'm a bit fed up with being married

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I hate being married

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Other (please commiserate)

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
I am one of the divorced. Our ever growing ranks serve as a warning to those that are considering marriage to not enter into one rashly. :eek:
& as a glimpse into the future for most who are married now. Since statistics show that most marriages do not end happily*.

*=i have always thought divorce statistics should include when one spouse murders the other & while such use to be mainly cases of husbands killing their wives, the gap between husbands and wives murdering each other continues to close, which could be seen as proof of greater equality between the sexes :p

*=i have always thought divorce statistics should include when one spouse murders the other & while such use to be mainly cases of husbands killing their wives, the gap between husbands and wives murdering each other continues to close, which could be seen as proof of greater equality between the sexes :p

:eek:

You are being condescending. I've had other people point this out to me.

ok, this is not the real world, its possible her intent was not to be condescending
and nor does she believe she is i guess :confused:
however, it read as condescending to me, but then again, i, kind of think as getting married as being something the young do when we meet someone we want to grow old with :sweet:

ps: it sucks to remember how i felt about marriage before i was married :tears:

ps: it sucks to remember how i felt about marriage before i was married :tears:

I never wanted to be legally married but he proposed and I was certain that we'd be together forever, so I said yes. I was wrong.

In my own experience and that of my many siblings and most of my friends I'd say a marriage never lasts indefinately.It is very rare.Sooner or later the rot sets in.If it doesn't you are extremeley blessed and good luck to you.

I believe we should be like Helena Bonham-Carter and Tim Burton and have our own house each connected by a walkway.

Human beings are not meant to live confined together its not healthy.Sooner or later you will start watching re runs of Columbo just to see how you can use Digitalis in a way that won't arouse suspicion.:rolleyes:(or at least I do)

I don't really care. I can't afford to go because I have to pay for school and bills and rent myself. Oh wait, I forgot, I'm just playing house.

I hope you can find a way to go. :(

I was in a committed relationship when I was in college. We eventually decided to sign the papers and make it official, and we've been married 10 years now. It's not always bliss and who knows what will happen next week, but I honestly wouldn't trade the past 16 years with him for anything. Not everyone who got hitched young is bitter about it years later.

I hope you can find a way to go. :(

I was in a committed relationship when I was in college. We eventually decided to sign the papers and make it official, and we've been married 10 years now. It's not always bliss and who knows what will happen next week, but I honestly wouldn't trade the past 16 years with him for anything. Not everyone who got hitched young is bitter about it years later.

Thanks for that Claudia. :)

There's a wedding certificate (somewhere) and I can't even remember the date we were married. Makes no odds; I can't imagine not being with Stig. It hasn't always been as good as it is now, but after 23 years together, we've just about knocked the corners off each other. :rolleyes:

My happiness...I know it's gonna happen someday.

D-vorced.

I've been married for 4 years, together for 7. I don't know if it lasts for ever, all I know is that if I ever live with somebody forever, it'll be him. :o

I've been married for 4 years, together for 7. I don't know if it lasts for ever, all I know is that if I ever live with somebody forever, it'll be him. :o

When we argue, I tell him that if I'd stabbed him rather than bedded him in 1985, I'd be free by now. :p

Tags
meow cat fight
Back
Top Bottom